• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cory Booker Wants Mandatory Federal Licenses for Prospective Gun Owners

mikeyp

NES Member
Isn't that what the 2A is supposed to be?

New Jersey senator and 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Cory Booker released a sweeping gun control plan today. Its most noteworthy aspect is a proposal that all prospective gun owners be required to obtain a federal license, which they'd have to renew every five years.

The plan also calls for bans on "assault weapons," high-capacity magazines, and bump stocks (which President Donald Trump has already prohibited), as well as universal background checks and other measures.

Booker's campaign compares buying a gun to driving a car, arguing that "just as a driver's license demonstrates a person's eligibility and proficiency to drive a car, a gun license demonstrates that a person is eligible and can meet certain basic safety and training standards necessary to own a gun." Under Booker's system, anyone who wants a gun would have to prove he or she has passed a gun safety course. In addition to giving information on their background, applicants would also submit fingerprints.

New Jersey senator and 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Cory Booker released a sweeping gun control plan today. Its most noteworthy aspect is a proposal that all prospective gun owners be required to obtain a federal license, which they'd have to renew every five years.

The plan also calls for bans on "assault weapons," high-capacity magazines, and bump stocks (which President Donald Trump has already prohibited), as well as universal background checks and other measures.

Booker's campaign compares buying a gun to driving a car, arguing that "just as a driver's license demonstrates a person's eligibility and proficiency to drive a car, a gun license demonstrates that a person is eligible and can meet certain basic safety and training standards necessary to own a gun." Under Booker's system, anyone who wants a gun would have to prove he or she has passed a gun safety course. In addition to giving information on their background, applicants would also submit fingerprints.

If I can get a federal license and it allows me to carry in all lower states plus purchase across state lines. I’m in! I hate juggling several licenses.

I would assume a mandatory federal license would supersede any state license. For those of us in blue states this might be an improvement.

If I can get a federal license and it allows me to carry in all lower states plus purchase across state lines. I’m in! I hate juggling several licenses.

But it's all or nothing (?). You'd give up "assault weapons", be administratively limited to ~10 round magazines. You'd force people everywhere in the country to go to an FFL to buy or sell a gun?

That's OK. Yesterday he said that people would willingly pay more in taxes as part of being patriotic. I'm sure when we tell him to give his entire $174,000 paycheck back, he won't feel as patriotic.

He's just not being identified as the chief dick-stepper right now, but he's saying a lot of bonehead POLICY things that will turn around and bite him.

That's OK. Yesterday he said that people would willingly pay more in taxes as part of being patriotic. I'm sure when we tell him to give his entire $174,000 paycheck back, he won't feel as patriotic.

He's just not being identified as the chief dick-stepper right now, but he's saying a lot of bonehead POLICY things that will turn around and bite him.

He definitely takes top prize or one of them as being a jackass. I wish someone would get real about firearm licensing. Im fine with getting one, I just want to have ONE, and have a background check done ONCE and when I purchase ammo or a firearm leave me alone. If for some reason i mess up or get in serious law trouble, you have my license and my information. Until then we will just have our rights whittled away chip by chip, seriously F'd up. Our groups like GOA, NAGR, GOAL, NRA need to step up their games. NRA should save money and stop sending me useless crap, cut the pay of Wayno and get down to business....rant over

Unfortunately, this will get him votes.

Even most FUDds I know would go for it since they believe that a license to own a firearm is ok.

I always go back to the piece of paper that reminds us that the federal government has no abilities to infringe upon the rights which we are in possession of by being human.

Would an optional fed carry across state lines license be nice? Sure. But that's not what this is. Unfortunately a large number of gun owners will go for it. :(

How about a federal license for a social media account. Prove who you are in real life, no hiding behind an avatar. Enact Erpo laws for social media and watch these liberal twits devour each other.

ass hat is trying to appeal to the national reciprocity hanger ons. You get a permit in one state it should be good nationally....period.
A federal registration is a joke

ass hat is trying to appeal to the national reciprocity hanger ons. You get a permit in one state it should be good nationally....period.
A federal registration is a joke

There should be NO permits just like it is here in Kentucky and several other "Constitutional Carry" states.

What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" do You not understand?

The Second Amendment protects the right of individuals to own firearms and edged weapons in the United States. Which amendment gives individuals in the United States the right to operate motorized vehicles on public ways? That dipshit is comparing rights to privileges!

So basically he wants to turn the whole country into Massachusetts? Good luck with that.
More like NJ, but, except for carry, I guess this is a distinction without a difference as the gun control advocacy train runs towards electioneering as performance art.

You don't need a license to own a car. You need a license to operate a car on a public way.

So if I get this license, can I start shooting in public, instead of the private ranges I use now? I promise I'll be careful.

To be fair, their end goal is registration of guns, similar to registration of cars (technically required to own a car but not heavily enforced if the car never leaves someone's property). Pretty sure NJ has handgun registration already.

How about a federal license for a social media account. Prove who you are in real life, no hiding behind an avatar. Enact Erpo laws for social media and watch these liberal twits devour each other.

Obama wanted this to censor the 1A. The tech monopolies engaging in shadow banning and deplatforming would go for it. China’s social credit score system essentially.

This only matters when you are trapped in one of the blue states. I'm personally waiting to see what happens from the scotus case with NY rifle and pistol.

When I hear stories like this it reminds me that I'm going to have to invest in a bigger boat![coffee]

Or at least one that won't kill me by the time I'm done blowing it up with my lips.[smile]
Boy those Kodiak boats take forever to inflate![cheers]

Maybe a bigger set of arm floaties would be a better investment?[laugh]
[iwojima] Long live the republic![rockon]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom