• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cory Booker Wants Mandatory Federal Licenses for Prospective Gun Owners

Comparing gun rights to a drivers license is apples to oranges.
A drivers license is considered a privilege.
The right to keep and bear arms is a God given right.
Funny, you have more rights to due process for a privilege than a right. I doubt the public would accept "It's a privilege, the PD has confidential information you are a bad driver, no license for you".

Says to put us in jail...

Cory Booker: Americans should be 'thrown in jail' if they won't give up their guns

Cory Booker said he backs legislation that would get Americans “thrown in jail” for owning "assault weapons" if they do not hand them over in a buyback program in which they would be sold to the government.

Booker, a senator for New Jersey and 2020 presidential hopeful, said that incarceration would be an option after a “reasonable period" following the buyback offer.

“Again, we should have a law that bans these weapons, and we should have a reasonable period in which people can turn in these weapons. Right now we have a nation that allows in streets and communities like mine these weapons that should not exist,” Booker said on CNN on Monday.

Cory Booker: Americans should be 'thrown in jail' if they won't give up their guns

It wouldn't matter.

I keep saying this over and over - the Donks don't assign fixed meanings to words; words mean whatever the hell they want them to mean to them, today.
What I read this morning over breakfast about the widespread encroachment of "red flag" ERPO laws throughout the United States was even more disturbing! FID? LTC? Class 3 ATF tax stamp weapons? All are rendered completely void by a jealous co-worker, vindictive neighbor or ex boyfriend/girlfriend, meddling school admistrator, over-reaction from a health care provider or any one of countless individuals or institutions that state laws allow to anonymously rat you out and allow your guns to be seized without due pocess!

Says to put us in jail...

Cory Booker said he backs legislation that would get Americans “thrown in jail” for owning "assault weapons" if they do not hand them over in a buyback program in which they would be sold to the government.

Booker, a senator for New Jersey and 2020 presidential hopeful, said that incarceration would be an option after a “reasonable period" following the buyback offer.

“Again, we should have a law that bans these weapons, and we should have a reasonable period in which people can turn in these weapons. Right now we have a nation that allows in streets and communities like mine these weapons that should not exist,” Booker said on CNN on Monday.

What is this guy's problem? Was he or a family member a victim of violent crime and now wants to take revenge on us law-abiding and tax-paying gun owners?

Last edited:
Yeah go ahead Spartacus tell millions of Fudds around this country that they must now send their fingerprints off to Washington DC in order to own a rifle or shotgun, let’s see how that works out for you.

I eagerly await the televised 2020 Democratic debates where Spartacus and his cohorts will try and out do each other with asshattery like this to make up for a lack of any substantive ideas of their own or any retort to Trump’s economy.

It is going to be comic gold watching these clowns stumbling to step to the left of the next guy while simultaneously stabbing him in the back to gain the upper hand toward the nomination.

:emoji_tiger:

To be fair, their end goal is registration of guns, similar to registration of cars (technically required to own a car but not heavily enforced if the car never leaves someone's property).
Is that technically true? How do you register a vehicle that is not street-legal? E.G. ATVs, drag racers, etc.

So, if I have to get a Federal license, then I should be able to buy ANYTHING that the feds consider legal (right?) and I should be able to carry in every state.

So, if I have to get a Federal license, then I should be able to buy ANYTHING that the feds consider legal (right?) and I should be able to carry in every state.

Yes, Senator Booker has assured me that I will be able to do absolutely anything I like once I send him my fingerprints, and best of all registration comes with a badge that Spartacus will pin on me personally...

bAhGJEH_d.jpg

Is that technically true? How do you register a vehicle that is not street-legal? E.G. ATVs, drag racers, etc.

Depends on the vehicle and the state. Northern New England states, like NH, require an off-road vehicle registration for dirt bikes, dual-sport motorcycles (if going off-road), ATVs, UTVs, and snowmobiles. "Race car" is kind of a broad term. Honest to God, never-see-the-street racing cars will have a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin specifying that the car is not road legal and cannot be registered as such. A normal car turned into a racer, like say the General Lee, would have a normal title originally. The General in particular was a junkyard car if you watch the episode that discusses the General's history, but I digress.

... or every car, truck, and van sitting in a junk yard right now.

Two kinds of junkyard cars: 1) cars owned by normal people with a title indicating the car is scrap/junk, which then makes the car very hard to re-register as a road car; and 2) cars owned by commercial junkyards, which presumably would have junk/scrap titles. I'm not familiar with the commercial aspect of titles, @Zappa might know.

Edit:

Here's a RI application for a title. The "Salvage Title" section is for scrap/junk titles for cars that will not, or should not, go on the road and can be owned without plates in someone's backyard:

http://www.dmv.ri.gov/documents/forms/title/TR-2_TR-9.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of the legality of owning/having an untitled or unregistered car, the reality is that nobody in any state gives a shirt if you don’t drive it in the road.

If we actually treated guns like cars anyone could possess and own a gun without any paperwork or permission, and we’d only need carry permits: permits that would be shall issue in every state and valid in all states, and the barrier to entry would be incredibly low.

Regardless of the legality of owning/having an untitled or unregistered car, the reality is that nobody in any state gives a shirt if you don’t drive it in the road.

If we actually treated guns like cars anyone could possess and own a gun without any paperwork or permission, and we’d only need carry permits: permits that would be shall issue in every state and valid in all states, and the barrier to entry would be incredibly low.

That was the point I was making originally. The only time someone actually cares is if someone rides an OHRV on trails without a tag up north and gets caught or if the neighbors complain about someone's piles of junk cars in the yard reducing property values. Another example is motorcycle inspections, or even motorcycle licenses. MC inspections are for all intents and purposes unenforced and MC licenses are only enforced if someone gets caught doing something stupid or crashes.

Yeah go ahead Spartacus tell millions of Fudds around this country that they must now send their fingerprints off to Washington DC in order to own a rifle or shotgun, let’s see how that works out for you.

I eagerly await the televised 2020 Democratic debates where Spartacus and his cohorts will try and out do each other with asshattery like this to make up for a lack of any substantive ideas of their own or any retort to Trump’s economy.

It is going to be comic gold watching these clowns stumbling to step to the left of the next guy while simultaneously stabbing him in the back to gain the upper hand toward the nomination.

In the first round of the games in the colosseum butt naked gladiators will be poking each other with different tools. Some will have nets of lies, some will show up with sticks, some will be crying, some will be running around like a chicken without a head............That will last for few months and then, when they will become very tired and quite boring for masses sitting on their benches with free popcorn provided, the floor will open and giant orange lion will have them for lunch.

I say we put all of the Democrat candidates on the 2020 Presidential ballot as a collective whole. Just think, the American public can pay for:

1. Buying back all the assault weapons.
2. Paying for all of the student loans outstanding.
3. Making collitch free.
4. Medicare for all!
5. But wait, let's not forget a Universal Basic Income on top of all of that.

It's brilliant. Let's just print a pile of money and hand it all out and put everyone in their sweatpants-material-lined safe-rooms so that everyone is protected by the gub'mint.

Booker is pandering to the Democratic base in the hopes of giving his presidential campaign a boost. He knows this legislation has zero chance of going anywhere.

I'm not familiar with the commercial aspect of titles

I know that they are not documents of “registration” but rather ownership. You (or the lean holder) need a title to register a car, but to @Mesatchornug ’s point I still haven’t seen where I need to register one to own it without intention of putting it on a public thoroughfare.

Topic drift, sorry I know, I’m bailing on this anyway, thanks.

Well for those who are stating it would be an improvement for carry permits, keep in mind in many states we need no such carry permit.

Back
Top Bottom