Cost of Getting Prints Done at Police Station

Reptile

NES Member
For NFA, you have to send it a set of 2 prints per gun, right?
The town charges $5. That is for 2 sets right?

If you wanted to make 10 guns, that would be 20 prints.

Would they charge $50?

They can charge whatever. If they like you it's free. What's important is that you bring to them the correct cards. Check with ATF for the cards for what you are doing. The cards they have at the PD are the ones that they use to book you for shoplifting. Jack.

Depends on the PD, usually the price is per set, but not like they are bar coded and recorded. So as mentioned depends how much they like you.

They can charge whatever. If they like you it's free. What's important is that you bring to them the correct cards. Check with ATF for the cards for what you are doing. The cards they have at the PD are the ones that they use to book you for shoplifting. Jack.

This ^
You will want to use the ATF specified cards whenever it is noted or they will reject them - and the local PD is not really into issuing refunds for fingerprinting.

This ^
You will want to use the ATF specified cards whenever it is noted or they will reject them - and the local PD is not really into issuing refunds for fingerprinting.

This ^
This ^
Also, there is a space on the cards where the person who does the prints needs to sign and date. this is overlooked 50% of the time. Jack.

Also, there is a space on the cards where the person who does the prints needs to sign and date. this is overlooked 50% of the time. Jack.
Does the date matter?

I might want to do a bunch now and save them.

I checked with town hall and there is no limit of how many I can get.

They charge $5 for 2 cards.

I recall that for each SBR you need 2 cards done for the ATF on their cards they mail you.

EDIT:

I just talked to the NFA branch....

There is no expiration on fingerprint cards.

Just make sure the officer puts his name and ORI number on the each print. I think the ORI number is a designation for the police department.

Last edited:
It's never costed me more than a cup of coffee. Then again, I'm friends with most of the ones that would do the prints at the local PD anyways.

Roll your own prints. No need to involve the police. There is a kit on amazon for $12 shipped for approx 5 cards and a link pad. The atf will also send 2 to you for free.

Lol the PD in NH I went to did it for free. The officer doing it didn't know what a Form 4 was though...

Roll your own prints. No need to involve the police. There is a kit on amazon for $12 shipped for approx 5 cards and a link pad. The atf will also send 2 to you for free.

I ended up going to the local cops to get my prints done, but I actually have a little fingerprinting setup in my office that I inherited from a fired coworker. I went to the cops because the fingerprint card has a field for "Signature of official taking fingerprints," but looking at the completed cards he didn't actually sign it, he just typed his name. The ATF didn't care.

This. Ink pads are cheap and can be used multiple times.

If you order the cards directly from the ATF, they'll send you as many as you want for free. I got about 3 dozen of them. Showed up in the mail less than a week after I ordered them.

Back
Top Bottom