• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Counterfeit M4s In Iraq

Reptile

NES Member
A number of AR15s that have been turning up in Iraq appear to be counterfeit products but are in the markets and treated as legitimate production versions of the rifle companies the producers are seeking to counterfeit. Some of them are very small differences, only being distinguished by the wrong roll mark or incorrect engraving. Others are blatantly obvious through the combination of several companies on a single lower. As an example, the largest indication that we are seeing is an AR15 with a 14.5 inch barrel, Burst selector, and with both Colt markings above the serial number and FN Herstal markings above the selector switch. Although both companies have been making M4s and M4A1s for the U.S. Military, neither of these companies have ever actually combined forces and produced a joint rifle. We’ll post the glaring examples we have seen so far down below. There are far more examples that are borderline counterfeit, but I don’t want to post them because I just don’t have the in-depth Colt roll mark knowledge to be able to discern whether or not it is genuine.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ent=2017-04-18&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

-------
Funny pics. I love the markings that were lost in translation when these rifles came from China.
Not as bad as the fake Mexican AR's that look like they were made in a hut.

that is precious

be81bd1057cc49a85c95c5730006e6a9307f22c1a00d149dee1bd91c143053b8.png

I can tolerate a knock-off Gucci bag... but never an M4.

Leave it to the Chinese to completely miss critical details. Unicorns are supposed to poop RAINBOWS not spider webs!!!
STLS019CE-.JPG
That's right. Spike's poops spider webs...

Doesn't surprise me., I'm sure theres some guy in china or eastern europe or some place like that running these off 80%s or something (or even modified airsoft receivers in some countries that dont crack down on them as much as the US) and then just mating them up to bare bones uppers with some chinese/UTG/whatever furniture on them.

-Mike

I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising young men weren't splitting the upper and the lower and replacing one with a cheaper commercial version and selling off the mil-grade parts.

Back
Top Bottom