• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Covid-19 Vacinne

For those of you that are enrolled in the VA healthcare system and want a vacinne. The VA has been saying"you will be called/texted when the vacinne becomes available and you are eligible, don't call us" I was unaware but they have a signup list, I put my name on it on Wednesday this past week. Friday I got a text asking if I wanted to make an appointment, it was now available. I am going Tuesday. I don't know if the list helped but it sure did happen fast. Sign up is here :
COVID-19 vaccines: Stay informed and help us prepare

Last edited:
Anyone getting texts to go get the vaccine? I don’t even live in RI....

Attachments

• 0FA0CE86-E403-45AE-BC14-603FC8D09DD3.jpeg
    0FA0CE86-E403-45AE-BC14-603FC8D09DD3.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 21
Anyone getting texts to go get the vaccine? I don’t even live in RI....
That's OK - that's not an actual Rhode Island Department of Health phone number.
Guess who you texted?
_1944801_cafe300.jpg

I got a text on Monday and responded online.
Got email and phone call yesterday confirming first shot on Saturday the 13th!
Got another call today from a real nice gal who wanted to make sure I was showing up, and also gave me the date for second shot (Apr 3). She even gave me her direct phone number to call if there was any changes.
The VA hospital in Albuquerque is fantastic....
I just hope the one in Memphis is the same.

Well that didn’t end well. Real professional lol
I think the only response to that should’ve been, “Ok Sally. It’s a good thing Trump got it taken care of then before China Joe got in.”

Unrelated to the VA side of this post but related to preregistration.... here in Virginia, we have a preregistration system for the vaccine. You sign up, they ask you questions like if you have certain medical conditions and if you work in a particular field or not. Then they give you a reference code and you will get a call/text/email when you are eligible to make an appointment. Sounds a helluva lot better than the MA system where it's a shitshow free-for-all [laugh]

My daughter and I arrived at the Albuquerque VA
this morning at 8:55 for a 9:30 appointment.
I got the shot within the first 10 minutes, then waited for the required 15 minutes before we were allowed to leave.
It was a pretty impressive operation and all the workers were fantastic!

I’m on the VA list but got a chance to get one this morning on the “standby list” locally. Never been in and out of a Doctors office that fast. Got the Moderna one, and my arm is getting pretty sore, but no other side effects so far.

I got my 2nd Modena shot yesterday at the Brocton VA. Went home and played chuck-it for with my pup Otto for two hours. I woke up this morning with a shot arm bicep that looked like a spotted eggplant. Thirty minutes playing chuck-it this morning and I'm done. Cracking VA approved med for pain....[laugh]
Yeah, now that I’m a day and a half out, it’s gone from sore to “damn, this shit really hurts”. I’ve heard the second shot brings even more fun.

Yeah, now that I’m a day and a half out, it’s gone from sore to “damn, this shit really hurts”. I’ve heard the second shot brings even more fun.
I was just telling people earlier this evening that my Shot #2 wooziness
last month was of a quality that would make it very popular on St. Patrick's Day -
if only you could bottle it.

I've said that before on NES (I think), but not with the proper Holiday Spirit.

Back
Top Bottom