• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Coyote sighting

http://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/hunter-shoots-unusually-large-coyote-northwest-missouri

not unheard of

this one was in NY
dog-70.jpg

Thats a fake

edit: Well when this first surfaced a few moths ago at least that was the general consensus. However they now have it posted on there wildlife department website. It just looks like a wolf it was really that big.

Edit again: However, is that link and this picture the same? I have a feeling that that is still a fake. The ones in the picture look nothing like the one that is with the deer.

Last edited:
So driving in to work today I saw the largest coyote I have ever seen, nose to tail it had to be close to 6ft, and yes it was a coyote and not a pet. this was at 42.83686,-71.55859 this thing looked to be all of at least 80 lbs and well fed. has anyone seen coyote that big?

I saw some big ones, but dont know their weight.

I found a big pile of coyote crap in the woods.

thanks for the coordinates, deploying tactical nuke in 3, 2, 1...(its for the children)

Almost ran one over this morning on way into work also, barely scooted between me and the car going the other way. Good size, maybe 40-50 pounds, nice rich brown coat, very healthy looking so must be eat well.

I saw one a few weeks ago standing on he side of 128 in Lexington. It was the biggest one I have ever seen. It had to be 60-70lbs, tough to tell exact size going 75mph butit was at least the size of a German Shepard.

I saw one on Sears island in Worcester last winter with a "normal" sized yote... The larger one appeared to be 70 lbs or so! I definitely didn't expect it to be so large here in central mass

Mt loins have been seen in my area even though its said they can't be here. We have Moose in are area also.

I got woke up one night by the coy dogs, I was able to throw the spots on just in time to see a pack chasing a baby moose, the lights surprised the coy dogs enough that it allowed the moose to gain some gound on them, the buck shot I sent flying at the coy dogs helped also. [wink] [smile]

Mt loins have been seen in my area even though its said they can't be here. We have Moose in are area also.

I got woke up one night by the coy dogs, I was able to throw the spots on just in time to see a pack chasing a baby moose, the lights surprised the coy dogs enough that it allowed the moose to gain some gound on them, the buck shot I sent flying at the coy dogs helped also. [wink] [smile]

I'd like to see some of those loins.

I have one that size living in my neighborhood and see him every now and again. The first time I saw him I thought it was a small deer. It is definately a coyote as I have seem him(or her) fairly close several times now...Not sure what it's been eating......

Cats...

my bride just called me and asked if we had wolves in NH, she was driving to a clients house in Merrimack and saw not one but two extremely large dogs. No they were not domestic and she is not a city girl I trust her. She assumed wolves because "coyotes don't get that big" she estimates in the 80 to 100lb range said they were much bigger than my 75lb pup. Her dad raised and trained Sheppards growing up and said they were not GSD

I hear them a lot but seldom see them.I haven't seen one that big yet but I'm sure the wolf crossbreeds are making their way down from the north country. Joe Pustizzi sees them in the fields frequently,I'll ask him when I see him next.

Same here. At least a few times each week over the summer I'll hear them. We're surrounded by woods so they're got ample room to live. It definitely makes your hair stand on end when you're outside on some Friday night in June enjoying a bonfire and you hear a bunch of them barking.

I just saw one the other nite near the Worcester country club golf course as we were driving buy leaving my house. Probably only about a 45lb'er.

My sister saw one recently in her backyard in Brockton. She had let her Yorkshire Terrier out and the thing appeared on the other side of her chain link fence.

Fortunately she called the Yorkie and it came running. If the damn Yorkie had seen the coyote she surely would have ran over to it barking loudly to protect her territory. Ugh...

I stayed at her place a few nights later and heard the yipping of more than one nearby. Oh, and her former backyard rabbit population, which the Yorkie gleefully chased at night, has gone missing...

Finally saw one at the house a couple weeks back, let the dogs in from doing their business around 4pm and give them a treat, turn around look out the back window and a real healthy looking good size coyote comes walking across the the back yard. He went over to see the horses and they chased him off, the chickens must have known he was coming because they were hiding (hawk got one a couple days ago, he was actually back today to finish it but left most of it where he caught it). Need to keep a rifle near the door, have two jack russels but ones just a puppy, the other ones fat and would make a nice snack too.

Tough to guage weight due to fur...at least IMHO. But I guess 80lbs is certainly possible.
I was deer hunting in NY a few years back. Leaning against a big dead tree just before sun down.
Heard something trotting up from my left. Very large yote doing his german shepard impersonation.
I was up wind and he was close, like 10' away checking the wind and I could see his teeth.
I was impressed to say the least.....

I saw a couple this winter and they came right up to my house. It was a bright moonlit night with snow on the ground. I have a long driveway with a wireless buzzer that alerts me at the house when someone or something walks past. The front one was huge. The male I assume with a smaller one following. Definitely wolf hybrids.

So driving in to work today I saw the largest coyote I have ever seen, nose to tail it had to be close to 6ft, and yes it was a coyote and not a pet. this was at 42.83686,-71.55859 this thing looked to be all of at least 80 lbs and well fed. has anyone seen coyote that big?

My brother got one with his 22 rifle in his yard. It was about 60 pounds. What suprised me was the size of his teeth and jaws when seen up close. This is a powerful animal with the right tools to do some serious damage.

Back
Top Bottom