• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Coyotes cape cod

So I read that spreading wolf urine around the perimeter of the yard is supposed to deter them. I ordered some and still waiting. I’d imagine it’s some sort of chemical, not actually urine. The thought of harvesting wolf urine is entertaining though. Intrigued to see how it works. Anyone else familiar with this?

Don't shoot them. It's a battle you can't win. If you kill them they just multiply faster by having larger litters AND the new ones will be even smarter. There was a national attempt to eradicate coyotes in the early 1900's and that's why they're all over the place now. Just don't let your dog out alone. I recommend reading this.

51fZ9veB+aL._AC_US218_.jpg
I suspect treehuggerry BS. Bounties have reduced/eliminated predator populations in the past. No way you could shoot all the carrier pigeons, mountain lions are probably back but not with their original populations(reduced by shooting.)

Just think of them as grey squirrels . . . . . . That kill whatever they can catch . . . . Sure Wish they'd get hooked on Canadian snow geese . . . .

Don't shoot them. It's a battle you can't win. If you kill them they just multiply faster by having larger litters AND the new ones will be even smarter. There was a national attempt to eradicate coyotes in the early 1900's and that's why they're all over the place now. Just don't let your dog out alone. I recommend reading this.

Funny we never had coyotes in any number around here for the first 30 years or so of my life.
They seemed to show up right around the time the pine nut eating fruitcakes did.
Maybe because the none gender questionable shot the f*cking things on sight up till then.
I still have people coming up to me and spouting off misinformation like "Coyotes are a protected species ".
Look at the video 1776 posted and you have the local "Expert " saying the coyote wasn't really trying to kill little fluffy. Bullshit it wasn't , five more seconds and that dog was done.
I've read parts of that book, it's crap. It's anti hunting nonsense period.
I've spent my whole life in the woods. No sale.

I wonder what coyote burger farts smell like o_O

Death. I shot a tree rat a week ago, in a tree, and it stayed stuck up the tree. I noticed it had finally come down in the last good wind. I saw it on the lawn and made a note to go pick it up on my way out. Got out of the shower and dressed, and it was gone.

The coyote problem isn't just on Cape Cod, I've seen them along RT 128 in Lexington, and twice almost hit one running across RT3 in the Chelmsford/Westford area.

The Bridgewaters are friggin littered with yotes. I just let my two labs out and they were howling off in the distance. I am about 5 klicks from the commuter rail station, and can hear it when the leaves are off the trees. Every year, just before yote season, I hear the little vermin howling at the train whistle. It's like a mating call.

Time for more Liberal Sociopaths (Dingbats) to buy more food dogs

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqmkSaUw4DA

Awesome video... but the "environmentalist" commentator...o_O. " I don't think the coyote would have actually killed the dog. It could have killed it if it really wanted to." (sic)... stupid bitch.. what do you think the yote was doing? Looking for a playmate? It had Toto by the head but only for a few seconds before it was chased off. Toto was 30 seconds away from being dinner.

Yesss, reading about them will solve your problem.

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
I would recommend .223 or .22-250

"FLORES: These animals have been howling this tribute to their love for being alive and being in America for more than a million years. And so I think we need to sort of pay homage to the fact that we've got an original national anthem. And it's provided by coyotes."

Finally someone to challenge Jon Way as the most ridiculous coyote fan boy... [bs]

Funny we never had coyotes in any number around here for the first 30 years or so of my life.
They seemed to show up right around the time the pine nut eating fruitcakes did.
Maybe because the none gender questionable shot the f*cking things on sight up till then.
I still have people coming up to me and spouting off misinformation like "Coyotes are a protected species ".
Look at the video 1776 posted and you have the local "Expert " saying the coyote wasn't really trying to kill little fluffy. Bullshit it wasn't , five more seconds and that dog was done.
I've read parts of that book, it's crap. It's anti hunting nonsense period.
I've spent my whole life in the woods. No sale.

It is not crap. They poisoned wolves and mountain lion to near extinction but the coyote just got more numerous. This is back in the 1950's and 60's. If you think you're going to eradicate them you're wrong. All you'll do is make more of them and they'll get smarter.

Yes...they will also be reading and getting smarter! I didn't know they are clairvoyant!
But if you roll on your back with your hands and feet up in the air, in the submissive position, they will respect you

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E_er27n77Y

I'm down to 20-30 squirrels a year around the house as the fill in's wander into empty black hole territory

30 Historic Hunting Photos That Will Take You Back

Reading
How to Hunt a Coyote
Four-Month-Old Pups May Look Like Full-Grown Adults And Vice-Versa

Last edited:
It is not crap. They poisoned wolves and mountain lion to near extinction but the coyote just got more numerous. This is back in the 1950's and 60's. If you think you're going to eradicate them you're wrong. All you'll do is make more of them and they'll get smarter.

Magical coyotes I guess .
Or maybe eliminating their predators and food source competition had something to do with it.
Funny ,when wolves move into an area you don't see coyotes , wonder why .
People who don't have an anti hunting agenda and study these sorts of things for real might say it's because the wolves kill them all.
I guess their magic abilities only apply when humans kill them.

Back
Top Bottom