Coyotes cape cod

Snares are not mass legal. Cage only with out "proper" license and "training" Trapping information

A trap registration certificate is required to trap on the land of another.
The initial fee for trap registration is $5.00. Renewal fee is $5.00. WOW
The Collorum may have a "Snare" exception. It's a restraining/capture device

In any case, a crossbow would still be much more fun! And, no need for a $2000 one

I get about 30 squirrels a year around the house, I would say your problem at this point may be about the same. They will not just go away. They will be having litter after litter, and exponentially multiply

Last edited:
Ask some hunters for the carcass of their kills and set some bait piles in the woods far enough away to hunt, with a nice bright moon and a shotgun it would be a interesting night. Cull the herd a little.

Bait them with fish. Get the cheapest shit you can. It will smell to high heaven. Cheap light on a tree, bait it for a week to get them used to the light. Leave 22 near upstairs window.

Bait them with fish. Get the cheapest shit you can. It will smell to high heaven. Cheap light on a tree, bait it for a week to get them used to the light. Leave 22 near upstairs window.
Have a freezer full of bluefish, that ought to stink enough for them

For a “non-permanent” solution but fun and scares them off for awhile is an airsoft gun.
They get hit by it and run off.

This. CCI 22 Quiets. Shoot one or two and leave the bodies just in the woods. They'll get the message.

This.

I used to do animal removal at an airport, shooting animals that were a threat to the aircraft (imagine landing a Cessna and all of a sudden a deer winds up on the runway and takes you out) and coyote were one of the problem animals. We shot them and buried them, and they just kept coming back until someone had the idea of shooting one and leaving the carcass out - didn't have one around for two years after that, but still had plenty of deer and other vermin.

Much as I like coyotes, and don't like killing them myself, I realize I'm in the minority. Go see your anti- hunting, anti-gun, vegan, liberal neighbor and tell them you have coyotes in your backyards, and you've got a gun - guarantee you'll get permission to shoot them.

This.

I used to do animal removal at an airport, shooting animals that were a threat to the aircraft (imagine landing a Cessna and all of a sudden a deer winds up on the runway and takes you out) and coyote were one of the problem animals. We shot them and buried them, and they just kept coming back until someone had the idea of shooting one and leaving the carcass out - didn't have one around for two years after that, but still had plenty of deer and other vermin.

Much as I like coyotes, and don't like killing them myself, I realize I'm in the minority. Go see your anti- hunting, anti-gun, vegan, liberal neighbor and tell them you have coyotes in your backyards, and you've got a gun - guarantee you'll get permission to shoot them.
The neighbors are on their 3rd cat named “Oreo” the coyotes had their way with the first 2. Going to have to see what they think, probably won’t mind

I had one in my front yard the other day. Id never seen him but I have heard him rustling around in the woods and howling at night. Big sucker. Probably 50 lb or more. I saw him, he stood there looking at me for a few seconds then casually turned and sauntered off. This was at like 1pm. Im not inclined to shoot at him but if he gets too bold he might end up on lead therapy.

A buddy has used opened cans of sardines as bait for a variety of critters. He used the sardines to bring them into view of his webcam. Got video of fisher cats and coyotes, among others.

Have a freezer full of bluefish, that ought to stink enough for them

Remember the three S's
Shoot shovel and shut up.
Crossbows are a great choice.
And again remember the last S .
Run around telling your neighbors you got a crossbow and someone finds the one you couldn't with a crossbow bolt in it , your getting a visit .

Remember the three S's
Shoot shovel and shut up.
Crossbows are a great choice.
And again remember the last S .
That’s exactly what I was trying to convey with the whole ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ motto.

If you have some cci quiet 22 or some 22 short out of a lever or bolt gun, they can be quieter than a high end pellet gun (which I wouldn’t recommend for the yotes, not that one couldn’t be taken with one in certain circumstances). I recommend a Henry with shorts, was shooting them off the porch (I have safe distances and a safe backstop) and nobody on the other side of the slider knew what was going on until we started with the 1640 FPS stingers! They really got the picture once I broke out the AR, but I digress....

That’s exactly what I was trying to convey with the whole ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ motto.

If you have some cci quiet 22 or some 22 short out of a lever or bolt gun, they can be quieter than a high end pellet gun (which I wouldn’t recommend for the yotes, not that one couldn’t be taken with one in certain circumstances). I recommend a Henry with shorts, was shooting them off the porch (I have safe distances and a safe backstop) and nobody on the other side of the slider knew what was going on until we started with the 1640 FPS stingers! They really got the picture once I broke out the AR, but I digress....

Yup. I've got a brick of .22 Quiets specifically for my Henry just for that exact reason. I should take a box to the range just to mess with the fudds. Wonder how many would think I'm using one of those illegal silencers! [laugh]

Ask some hunters for the carcass of their kills and set some bait piles in the woods far enough away to hunt, with a nice bright moon and a shotgun it would be a interesting night. Cull the herd a little.

Be sure to stake em down or cover em with chicken wire as they will disappear quickly. Keeps them occupied and in range, while you quietly open your window. BOOM!

Sounds like in your town, that BOOM will have you surrounded by the SWAT team in short order!
Ok, I may have exaggerated a tiny bit. More like the sound of a .22. Which contrary to popular belief, have worked well for me.

Yup. I've got a brick of .22 Quiets specifically for my Henry just for that exact reason. I should take a box to the range just to mess with the fudds. Wonder how many would think I'm using one of those illegal silencers! [laugh]

Could be even better if you had one of those replica SMGs with the fake "can" on the end. LOL

I've found that people don't really react to one loud noise, they'll wait for a repeat and wonder what that was - unless it's super obvious. You should be able to get away with "one shot one kill", especially with quiet .22s or shorts.

Back
Top Bottom