Cracked K31 stock :-(

KMM696

NES Member
My K31 has some cracks developing in the stock. Not really sure if the woods grain was poor there, or if someone is used this as a club at some point in its career. The stock matches this s/n rifle, so I have to keep it.

Is there anything better for this than the original thickness Acraglas? My plan is to work the epoxy into the cracks, since they are deep enough to open up a bit and then clamp with surgical tubing. Any better methods out there?

2015-05-07 18.26.02.jpg

Thanks

You should try to drill out the end of the crack (from the inside if possible , If you stop just under the surface of the outside it will not show) warm it up with a hair dryer and the acraglas will suck right in. someone may have other suggestions but if I want to repair it for good I use the acraglas.

My K31 has some cracks developing in the stock. Not really sure if the woods grain was poor there, or if someone is used this as a club at some point in its career. The stock matches this s/n rifle, so I have to keep it.

Is there anything better for this than the original thickness Acraglas? My plan is to work the epoxy into the cracks, since they are deep enough to open up a bit and then clamp with surgical tubing. Any better methods out there?

View attachment 136586

Thanks

You should try to drill out the end of the crack (from the inside if possible , If you stop just under the surface of the outside it will not show) warm it up with a hair dryer and the acraglas will suck right in. someone may have other suggestions but if I want to repair it for good I use the acraglas.

You know, I can't count the number of times I've watched aluminum being stop drilled, and it never once occurred to me to use it on wood. Thanks!

Had to order Acraglas, mine was too old to be trusted. Also ordered some Devcon 2-ton - the viscosity seems similar to the Acraglas, curious to see how much abuse it can take.

Back
Top Bottom