Crate of Mosins?

Anyone know what a crate full of Mosins Nagant 91/30s weigh? I forgot to ask when I purchased them and I just need to figure out if I am going to need someone here to help me unload them off the truck.

You're going to want a friend.

I'm curious, who's still selling full crates? (If they ship to MA, please PM me so it doesn't get out)

With a handtruck you could deal alone if you had to, but if there's no lift gate or dock the trip down might hurt. They're not stupidly heavy (at least if they're the same as the crates from the group buy), just awkward.

How many to a crate? 20? At about 9lb's a mosin, youre looking close to 200lbs including the crate itself.

Yes, 20 to a crate and then all the accessories are in there with the guns (bayo, ammo pouches, slings, etc.). Then I have to figure out the weight of the actual crate itself.

With a handtruck you could deal alone if you had to, but if there's no lift gate or dock the trip down might hurt. They're not stupidly heavy (at least if they're the same as the crates from the group buy), just awkward.

There is no lift gate or dock. I'm thinking of maybe sliding the crate from the trailer to the back of my pickup by myself. Does this sound feasible?

Last edited:
A crate of Mosins sounds like a crate of Awesome. Unless your a body builder bring an extra guy its probably 250-300 pounds and you don't want to drop your purchase trying to look tough.

they made it this far with the push and shove drop and roll treatment.
Bring some planks and just slide from one vehicle to the next. or if possible find someone with one of those roller type planks. We use the roller type planks to unload the targets and ammo at the club.

Couldn't tell you what it weighs, but I can suggest a nice woodworking project with it once you get it unloaded...

mosincoffeetable.jpg

When we did a Mosin group buy, I had one delivered to my shop. It came in on a Trailer Truck. The UPS guy and myself unloaded it and put it on a hand cart to bring it inside. So it is doable with 2 people.

DSC05465.jpg

DSC05467.jpg

DSC05468.jpg

When we did a Mosin group buy, I had one delivered to my shop. It came in on a Trailer Truck. The UPS guy and myself unloaded it and put it on a hand cart to bring it inside. So it is doable with 2 people.

DSC05465.jpg

DSC05467.jpg

DSC05468.jpg

Are shoes optional at your workplace? [laugh]

How much are individual rifles at the "crate price"?

I wonder if there would be enough interest for me to pick up a crate, divvy it up, and come out with something decent and not lose my shirt. Wait, we can only sell 4 per year. Dang.

What can they do? Throw you in jail?

I wonder if there would be enough interest for me to pick up a crate, divvy it up, and come out with something decent and not lose my shirt. Wait, we can only sell 4 per year. Dang.

Order it through a shop, take the pick of the litter and maybe work out a commission with the shop if you already have buyers lined up? Plus you get to keep the crate itself [wink]

$80 per rifle. I didn't save anything by buying an entire crate. I do have the option though to pick up a second crate next week if I like what is in the first crate.

ETA: If you could sell the rifles for $100 each you might be able to make $10/rifle. The days of finding these rifles for $50 each are long gone.

Last edited:
Couldn't tell you what it weighs, but I can suggest a nice woodworking project with it once you get it unloaded...

mosincoffeetable.jpg

Passed this by my wife, got vetoed..............but a great table anyways, maybe if I by her some frilly crap I can get one to!!! Still love to buy a Mosin. I'm in if you need buyers for that second crate!!!

Passed this by my wife, got vetoed..............but a great table anyways, maybe if I by her some frilly crap I can get one to!!! Still love to buy a Mosin. I'm in if you need buyers for that second crate!!!

I'm in NY so we're a bit apart! I may purchase the second crate next weekend depending on how the first crate is. I was told the rifles are in excellent condition so I hope I'm not let down. Hopefully there will be some Tula manufactured rifles in there.

Back
Top Bottom