• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Crate of Mosins?

if you are looking to sell them off i would take one off your hands if you need it. PM me.

I'm going to order the last crate that was available from the vendor, this crate will be full of hex receivers! I'm in NY though so I'm probably too far for a FTF!

I'm going to order the last crate that was available from the vendor, this crate will be full of hex receivers! I'm in NY though so I'm probably too far for a FTF!

try me, always willing to travel for a new old gun. where in NY?

Its cool that the OP got a crate of Mosins but I'm locking this if it turns into a buy/sell thread that would be better suited for the classifieds.

PM the OP for any interests in buying or the distributor.

Little tread revival, I think I scored a crate, and am toying with the idea of replacing my current coffee table.

Idk about doing the glass top, I am a bit brute and break nice things, but if I wanted to do that and throw 2 or 3 MN's in it for display purposes, could I just remove the firing pins and be ok wrt storage?

Little tread revival, I think I scored a crate, and am toying with the idea of replacing my current coffee table.

Idk about doing the glass top, I am a bit brute and break nice things, but if I wanted to do that and throw 2 or 3 MN's in it for display purposes, could I just remove the firing pins and be ok wrt storage?

AFAIK as long as you put some kind of lock on it you're ok for storage.

Any rifle displayed in Mass in an unlocked cabinet would have to be demilled. That word alone could be a headache and a half trying to determine the meaning of regarding MGLs.

AFAIK as long as you put some kind of lock on it you're ok for storage.

Any rifle displayed in Mass in an unlocked cabinet would have to be demilled. That word alone could be a headache and a half trying to determine the meaning of regarding MGLs.

Say no more. I will worry about it if I ever get to the point where I have rifles to display. I will post a picture if/when I take on this project.

So I took the crate I scored for free, a scrap 4x4 left over from when I rebuilt the stairs on my deck last spring, a set of these (http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hard...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053), and a handful of screws and started my coffee table project.

2012-01-29151055.jpg

When it gets warm again I plan on taking it outside and sanding the rough spots and trying to match the green paint as much as possible to clean it up with out losing the stencil's (as if I even know what they say). Anyone have an idea on how to get that plastic packing slip pocket off with out disturbing to much of the paint?

I like it though, I have like 4 dollars into it, and I think it is a nice touch for my man cave-ish room.

Goo-Gone (available in all hardware and some grocery stores) gets off most stickers w/o problems. Can't say if it will work here, but I've never found it to cause harm to any surface I've used it on.

anyone know where to find one of the crates locally to Mass? Please PM me. I was going to get one from a shop in TX, but the shipping was 4 times the price of the crate. Cash in hand, will drive.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to edmorseiii again.

just saw this thread resurrection. Holy shit that is awesome!

If you are worried about breaking glass, get acrylic sheet stock. Shit is tough as nails and flexible.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&Ntpc=1&Ntpr=1

it might be maybe $100-180 for the size you want, though. But maybe not. Be sure to shop around the web before pulling the trigger locally. Also try other places besides hoe depot.

anyone know where to find one of the crates locally to Mass? Please PM me. I was going to get one from a shop in TX, but the shipping was 4 times the price of the crate. Cash in hand, will drive.

We were talking to a guy from Riley's in NH and they order by the crate...you might call them and see if their used ones are what you want and not promised elsewhere.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am trying to decide whether to build a see through top and put cool shit inside it, or build up the edge of the top that is there and do one of those resin (or epoxy?) tops with cool shit under (in?) the finish so I can use it for extra storage. I think the resin/epoxy finish might be cheaper then a see through top, but I am sure it will be WAY more work. I might need to build a small corner bar for that room and try it out first.

Back
Top Bottom