• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Criminal" shoots and kills dog attacking young boy

Srigley has not spoken publicly about his ordeal, and he chose to stay quiet after the case was dismissed Tuesday. His attorney, Danny C. Onorato, a former federal prosecutor who took the case for free, said his client’s only position is that he is “grateful he was able to save the life of a child. He is not commenting on society’s gun laws.”

Onorato said Srigley “regrets that he violated the law but he’s happy he had a gun that day. He does not want to be a poster child for gun advocacy.”

I'd call him a coward, but he got his gun to save a kid.

Here we go again with the profiling. He just shot those dogs because they were mean pitbulls.
Read the article'

The uncle of the injured 11-year-old boy said this week that the youngster is recovering and is back running around the neighborhood with his friends. He was bitten by the pit bulls on both legs and both arms. But he still refuses to jump on the Huffy bicycle with orange rims that he got for Christmas. He was riding that bike when he collided with one of the pit bulls, setting off the vicious attack.

“He’s holding up, but he’s still going through therapy,” said the uncle, who is not being named to protect the identity of the victim. “He’s still a little shaken.”

The uncle confirmed that Srigley stopped by with a check to help with the bills, and he lamented that the neighbor who saved his nephew has moved out of the corner house, which now stands empty. “He’s a nice guy,” the uncle said of Srigley. He also believes it is unfair to charge his former neighbor. “But I’m not surprised by it,” he said. “You know how D.C. laws are.”

Read the article'

The uncle of the injured 11-year-old boy said this week that the youngster is recovering and is back running around the neighborhood with his friends. He was bitten by the pit bulls on both legs and both arms. But he still refuses to jump on the Huffy bicycle with orange rims that he got for Christmas. He was riding that bike when he collided with one of the pit bulls, setting off the vicious attack.

“He’s holding up, but he’s still going through therapy,” said the uncle, who is not being named to protect the identity of the victim. “He’s still a little shaken.”

The uncle confirmed that Srigley stopped by with a check to help with the bills, and he lamented that the neighbor who saved his nephew has moved out of the corner house, which now stands empty. “He’s a nice guy,” the uncle said of Srigley. He also believes it is unfair to charge his former neighbor. “But I’m not surprised by it,” he said. “You know how D.C. laws are.”
It was sarcasm. One of my former neighbors had to shoot the neighbor that lived in between us pitbull. Took six rounds of 38 special to put that dog down. It attacked a couple kids previously and the neighbor was gone and left dog out for days at a time. The pitbull came up on my friends deck and grabbed his chained beagle and was killing it and he wasn't going to let the happen. Pat on back from 5-0 and all was well.

It was sarcasm. One of my former neighbors had to shoot the neighbor that lived in between us pitbull. Took six rounds of 38 special to put that dog down. It attacked a couple kids previously and the neighbor was gone and left dog out for days at a time. The pitbull came up on my friends deck and grabbed his chained beagle and was killing it and he wasn't going to let the happen. Pat on back from 5-0 and all was well.

All is well.

I'm very proud of my 8yo daughter right now.

I was talking about this story with my wife last night and my daughter was right there with us. She said "why did the police punish him? That's not right."

I gave her a hug and told her she's a smart kid.

Back
Top Bottom