Crimson Trace Corp.

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Recently while conducting some cleaning and maintenance on my S&W 642, I noticed that the rubber portion of my Crimson Trace Corp. (CTC) laser grips were separating at the top of the blackstrap.

CTCLG-4051-2.jpg

I expected the separation to only get worse. I was concerned about the laser possibly malfunctioning in the future and the deteriorating handling characteristics of the revolver during firing.

This revolver was purchased with LG-305 laser grips installed and I later replaced them with the LG-405 in question. The gun is carried daily as a back up in a right hand Alessi ankle holster. The gun has several hundred rounds through it, but with these grips less than fifty rounds have been fired.

I contacted CTC via email (with pics attached) about possible repair and or replacement of these laser grips. A day later I received a reply telling me to send the grips in for repair. My grips were on their way to CTC the next day. Two weeks later I received a new set of grips. The next day I received a phone call from Heidi Z. in the CTC customer service dept. She asked how my new grips were working out.

I was surprised and impressed with level of customer service. No questions asked and prompt service. The follow up phone call was a nice touch too. During our phone conversation, I asked Heidi what would happen if the same problem occurred with the new grips. She replied, "Send them back and we'll replace them again."

I wish all businesses treated their customers this way!

Back
Top Bottom