• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Crossing Guard gets guns seized.

It doesn’t matter what you call it. Whether they justify their actions based on a suitability law, red flag or ERPO law, or no law at all, it’s governmental oppression and infringement of numerous basic rights. It’s unconstitutional. And it’s immoral.

I’m not disagreeing.

There are a number of posters here mentioning ERPO as if that had anything to do with what happened here. The truth is, under the cockamamie MA laws, a de facto ERPO has been in place for 20 years.

I’m also not disagreeing. [grin]

I think people are mentioning red flag/ERPO laws because this sort of thing is exactly how they will be used. And that’s correct.

I’m just pointing out that while these laws make it easier for police to justify their misconduct, not having them will not prevent the misconduct from occurring.

A waitress calling the police and saying she overheard someone say something about a school shooting is not actionable with or without these laws unless police make it to be.

I’m also not disagreeing. [grin]

I think people are mentioning red flag/ERPO laws because this sort of thing is exactly how they will be used. And that’s correct.

I’m just pointing out that while these laws make it easier for police to justify their misconduct, not having them will not prevent the misconduct from occurring.

A waitress calling the police and saying she overheard someone say something about a school shooting is not actionable with or without these laws unless police make it to be.
This bullshit is getting completely out of control. Exercising our 2A rights offends the sensibilities of the liberal scumbags who want to disarm us. After they banish firearms, edged weapons are next. Ask Her Majesty's subjects in the UK about their gun and knife laws!

I hope all the residents/and visitors of the restaurant that employs this "waitress", boycotts the place until said waitress is FIRED.

Simple.
On that island? No way.

Those liberal f*** tards down there will be giving that waitress extra tips for her heroic actions.

Unless I am missing something, I don't see how this is any different than not getting a LTC from your local PD based on the Chief's whim. Or the Chief could just say no when renewal comes up. I think that is the issue with the state, that one chief can say yes, another says no to the same person.

We giveth, or we takeh away. Same thing. Wish this could be challenged legally, you would think it could be won!

And move to which state ?

Stop fooling yourselves with the "Only in Mass" BS.

Because its coming to every state, sooner or later.

What are "red flag" laws, and which states have implemented them? - CBS News

Red flag law - Wikipedia
I know........ When I hear gun people say GTFO of MA it makes me wonder if there is anything more important in their lives than guns.

Don’t get me wrong, I really like my guns but there are other things in my life that are actually more important. Friends, Family, professional relationships, the house that I built myself (I am too old to build another one) are examples of things I can’t bring with me to another state.

And if I did want to give it all up to move out of state who is to say that state is going to remain gun friendly? So to all those who simply say GTFO of mAss please realize that for some it is just not worth it.

Unless I am missing something, I don't see how this is any different than not getting a LTC from your local PD based on the Chief's whim. Or the Chief could just say no when renewal comes up.
The crossing guard implicitly criticized the town police chief
when he whinged in public about the school resource officer's coffee runs.

Either he didn't get along well with the current chief in the first place,
or the chief took one look at him and decided,
"LTC? How about 'no'? 'No' works for me".

Running his mouth in the diner
(and if he's the slightest bit deaf from his military service,
it was probably audible in the parking lot)
also means that even if the chief was sympathetic
because of his 60(!) years in the department,
he couldn't even return all his stuff on the Q.T.
as soon as the moonbat press's back is turned -
because the old timer couldn't be trusted not to brag about it.

The most he can hope for is that if he lawyers up
and the chief is sympathetic (what are the odds?),
that the chief will fold like a cardboard suitcase
and claim his hands are tied.

Sigh.

Hope the waitress feels good about ruining a good man's life. What a bitch!!!

I’m inclined to agree, but I don’t know what she heard or thought she heard. But it’s hard to fault a sheep for acting like a sheep. I think the blame here lies squarely with the CoP and his lack of critical thinking.

I hope the owner does the right thing. I imagine it's a nice restaurant otherwise.
It seems to be relatively active on social media.
(Not that I really know how to measure that).

But maybe they'll decide they're a tetch too active.
=====

The three most recent Yelp reviews are brushbacks:
0 friends; 2 reviews
10/14/2019

Don't forget that your private conversations will be listened to, taken out of context and reported to the police. Then you'll get fired from the job. AWESOME ESTABLISHMENT if you're a snowflake liberal.
-----

0 friends; 1 review
10/14/2019

The waitresses are rude and nosey. They listen to customers conversions then talk about them.
-----

1 friend; 24 reviews; 5 photos
10/14/2019

Beware. Avoid this restaurant if you value your freedoms as an American. The wait staff will Red Flag you and destroy your life if the over hear you talking about guns.​

Anybody watch breaking bad?
Remember the organized prison hit job?
Something like 8 guys in three prisons got shanked in the same minute?
Everybody get 10 friends to mention Trump to a leftist at the same time of day, at some point within the first minute, they will say something Red-Flaggable (standard for it at this point is pretty low). Report it. Flood the system with 50,000 erpos. If you report it, they are compelled to act. Watch them drown in their own stupid crap.

Back
Top Bottom