Crossing Guard gets guns seized.

But the police who actually took action, they’re good to go? They take orders from waiters? They are incapable of telling her to piss off? They should just immediately steal all his guns on the word of a waitress without taking a single investigatory step first?

Just a few bad apples. Where are the police apologist bootlickers on this one defending their heroes?

If any attorneys are viewing, wasn't this man's first amendment rights violated big time?
ie: Rachel Rollins, the DA in Boston saying Anti-Fa was just exercising their 1st amendment rights beating the shit out of actual peaceful protestors during a peaceful march. So what about THIS guy's rights?

Where's the ACLU??

So he got his job and LTC back and another article said something about his son, or son-in-law getting the gents guns back??????

Stephen Nichols reinstated as crossing guard - The Martha's Vineyard Times

Last edited:
Just a few bad apples. Where are the police apologist bootlickers on this one defending their heroes?

Sweet strawman. Do you have any other canned response you want to puke up in here?

So let me get this right...
There are people on NES that have spoken up for police in scenarios that are defensible, so we are bootlickers that should now chime in to defend something that ISN'T defensible so we can give you ultimate proof we are bootlickers?

Cool.

Sweet strawman. Do you have any other canned response you want to puke up in here?

So let me get this right...
There are people on NES that have spoken up for police in scenarios that are defensible, so we are bootlickers that should now chime in to defend something that ISN'T defensible so we can give you ultimate proof we are bootlickers?

Cool.

Defensible or indefensible does not matter. They don’t care.
Why didn’t he just comply? What kind of criminal record does the dead person have? Don’t people understand how difficult that job is?
Blah blah blah wash rinse repeat.

Everyone is tossing the red flag complaints around, but this actually looks like a revocation based on suitability. There's nothing in the article about the TPD getting an ERPO order.

This highlights the extreme way in which "suitability" can be abused by the licensing authority.

ERPO / Reg Flag is synonymous with "Suitability" laws such as Mass has.

Defensible or indefensible does not matter. They don’t care.
Why didn’t he just comply? What kind of criminal record does the dead person have? Don’t people understand how difficult that job is?
Blah blah blah wash rinse repeat.

Lol. Ok man. Good talk

ERPO / Reg Flag is synonymous with "Suitability" laws such as Mass has.

Yes, but remember they also passed an ERPO law a year or two ago. Truthfully, suitability is even more egregious in my opinion because it doesn't even require a court order, but they both are bullshit. I may be splitting hairs, but I think it's important to note that this isn't under the ERPO law.

Hey, now. This is an absolutely acceptable reaction.

After all, he committed a felony, according to the article. You know, the felony that has no need for a trial, and goes directly to punishment, for pointing out a security flaw.

Yay Cops! See something, say something, get stomped. [party]

Funny is it's the modern Constitutional rendition of current management philosophy. Check a box. Go home safe.

My daughter had to work on Columbus Day - unpaid. UN PAID! They decided her bank should have a regional meeting on the "off day." That alone explains what tools they are.

A big part of the meeting was discussing what issues and problems the tellers see. Daughter is 22. She stands up. "OK, we are understaffed." She goes on to explain a specific example. They can't take overtime. There is ALWAYS a problem where they end up short-staffed on a Friday because they won't hire more workers AND they won't allow overtime. Pisses off customers to the max. (ITs' a self-correcting problem as the customers move on to other banks. But I digress.)

VP decides to explain a completely different procedure. Daughter calmly explains that she's not talking about that. Reiterates the problem.

VP looks at her manager. Her manager throws her under the bus saying there is no problem at all and if there is this is the first she's hearing about it.

They quickly ended the meeting before anyone else could pile on.

Now, her manager can check off that she had a frank discussion with her team. VP can check his box that he had this awesome meeting to find out problems - and it turns out the place is F'ing perfect. PERFECT!

Nothing will get better. It will only get worse. But the conclusion that makes mgmt feel "safest" is the one they go with.

Same thing here. Someone FEELS better if we just FF this to the end and take this guy's guns away from him, legal or not. Rights? What is right? Neither of those matter.

I have been to that restaurant before. I will make sure to avoid it in the future, assuming we are ever over there again. They don't make it cheap to get out there. Even a simple day trip over and back with bicycles is a big expenditure. Fee this, fee that. Screw them.

The M.V. Times article burried deep in the middle that the school resource officer was abandoning his post on a regular schedule.

So, "coffee" in this case may equal "quickie"? It's heart warming that a married couple still is hot for each other enough that they want to sneak off from work and do it.

To be fair, do we REALLY need a "resource officer" in a small school on MV??? How many mass killers take a ferry? Shocking that 40 years ago we survived without a resource officer in every school.

To be fair, do we REALLY need a "resource officer" in a small school on MV??? How many mass killers take a ferry? Shocking that 40 years ago we survived without a resource officer in every school.

I'm not even sure what a "resource officer" is, but it sounds like a BS made up title. When I was in elementary school, I can remember who all the employees were. You had the teachers, the principal, the vice principal, one secretary, one nurse, and the janitor... he was named Wally, and had this giant key ring with like 200 keys on it hanging from his belt around his muffin top.

I'm not even sure what a "resource officer" is, but it sounds like a BS made up title. When I was in elementary school, I can remember who all the employees were. You had the teachers, the principal, the vice principal, one secretary, one nurse, and the janitor... he was named Wally, and had this giant key ring with like 200 keys on it hanging from his belt around his muffin top.

My HS the janitor was also the local "source".

SRO = Barney Fife of the school

I think we went to the same school... except we had a lunch lady who had the biggest arms I ever saw on an old lady.

Last edited:
I think we went the same school... except we had a lunch lady who had the biggest arms I ever saw on an old lady.

Oh yes, the lunch lady... I didn't mean to leave her out of my complete list of 1970's school employees. I'm pretty sure your description of the lunch lady is what every school had. Old, huge, grumpy looking, and named Hilga.

these laws make it easier for police to justify their misconduct, not having them will not prevent the misconduct from occurring.

A waitress calling the police and saying she overheard someone say something about a school shooting is not actionable with or without these laws unless police make it to be.

Agree. Just once i'd like to hear 'That's not an offense', or 'That activity is protected by law.' Instead, they show up and say 'We got a call', 'we got a complaint.'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom