[crossposted from thedonald.win] READ THIS: Antifa are using radios, and this is how you can assist in exposing them.

I'm not a HAM guy, but just thought I'd share in case anyone's interested...

Radio nerd here. (73 y'all)

I've seen pictures of people getting arrested and one thing I've noticed is that every now and again I'll see an FRS/GMRS radio with some of these rioters.

What does that mean? Well, it means they're organized. And you can be too.

As a radio operator, when we do events and such a common thing to do is to set up a "net control" or central command or some sort of base station. This station will have high power and an effective antenna. People can then meander around with an HT (handheld radio) and communicate back to the base.

This is effective in that two HT's, which are lower power and don't have a nice antenna profile, can communicate via the base station (otherwise known as a repeater).

This can work in a couple of different ways. In repeater mode, the HT's can all communicate with the higher power repeater and it rebroadcasts and everybody hears it. Or there might be a net control operator, the HT's communicate with net control (a person) and net control responds with advice or orders or some sort of information they wouldn't otherwise have.

This radio right here is one that is inexpensive and that I've seen used by people getting arrested. Amazon product ASIN B07BXCF85TView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BXCF85T/

Knowing radio technology, I can take an educated guess and say they're using GMRS. Here's why, a nice chart that shows the overlap between FRS and GMRS frequencies: FRS/GMRS combined channel chart - The RadioReference Wiki

You'll notice peak FRS power is 2w while GMRS peak power is 50w. If they're following legal operating power, which a lot of radios require in hardware, then that means they're operating between the frequencies of 462.5500 - 467.7250.

What does this mean and what can you do?

Well you can get a GMRS radio and antenna and listen and record. This is evidence if they're coordinating criminal activity and could help in a RICO case.

So what to do... Keep in mind this is a "line of site" radio technology, so everything's within a mile or so.

Option 1: You can spend $20 on the same radio I posted (or any GMRS radio) and set it to scan between the above frequencies. You're free to roam around.

Option 2: You can get a GMRS radio (even the HT) and use a vehicle mounted antenna. This will use the vehicle as a ground plane and have much better reception, around 3.5dBi. Example: Amazon product ASIN B00NWYVM94View: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NWYVM94

Option 3: You can get a base station antenna and radio, this will have the most gain (up to 6.5dBi) with this antenna, but you're not going to be mobile. Example: Amazon product ASIN B0784FQ9VBView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0784FQ9VB

They're talking to each other and coordinating right under your nose, this is how you go about listening in. Record any crimes. f*** it, give them false orders too. Don't let them own this technology, we can use it too.

Go read some links on how sophisticated antifa is. Yes it is retarded soyboys and felons in the streets but they are backed by big gov't intel. Yea they might be using crap radio gear on the low end but what are you going to do with any info? Either the good guys have it all and they will use it when appropriate or it won't get addressed in this world. This guy seems to think if you walk into a police station with evidence against antifa that the cops will go round them up. Skulking around a riot with comm gear is a likely way to find yourself surrounded and beat, they aren't stupid and they aren't amateurs(upper ranks.)

This radio right here is one that is inexpensive and that I've seen used by people getting arrested.
4f25ic.jpg

Knowing radio technology, I can take an educated guess and say they're using GMRS. Here's why, a nice chart that shows the overlap between FRS and GMRS frequencies: ...
You'll notice peak FRS power is 2w while GMRS peak power is 50w. If they're following legal operating power, which a lot of radios require in hardware, then that means they're operating between the frequencies of 462.5500 - 467.7250.
If they're using a commercially produced ham radio
to transmit on the FRS/GMRS band, they're already illegal.
Using illegal power on top of that is just a sign of commitment.
4f24t8.jpg

Go read some links on how sophisticated antifa is. Yes it is retarded soyboys and felons in the streets but they are backed by big gov't intel. Yea they might be using crap radio gear on the low end but what are you going to do with any info? Either the good guys have it all and they will use it when appropriate or it won't get addressed in this world. This guy seems to think if you walk into a police station with evidence against antifa that the cops will go round them up. Skulking around a riot with comm gear is a likely way to find yourself surrounded and beat, they aren't stupid and they aren't amateurs(upper ranks.)
You don’t have to be “skulking around” a hilltop a couple miles away is close enough.

You don’t have to be “skulking around” a hilltop a couple miles away is close enough.
Close enough for what? Any information you get will not be used against antifa. And if it is a good place to capture comms a few miles away antifa is already using it. Courting trouble for no gain.

Close enough for what? Any information you get will not be used against antifa. And if it is a good place to capture comms a few miles away antifa is already using it. Courting trouble for no gain.
Not sure if serious they’re not that adept. f***ing with them would be pretty fun, and minimal risk.

The "S" in SOTA stands for "Skulking".

(The hard part is getting the picnic table up there;
it's only legal to operate an FT-897 from a picnic table).

You could also triangulate on their base station, probably in a trailer somewhere, set it on fire with a thermite-drone, and shoot anyone who runs out.
Yes.
There's a whole "sport" in ham radio devoted to finding transmitters. It's called Fox Hunting. They hide a low power beacon transmitter and whoever finds it first wins.

I'm not sure how well it works but this reminds me of a direction finder we used to use in the military. Worked by detecting phase angle differences...the .mil one worked very well.

I'm not sure how well it works but this reminds me of a direction finder we used to use in the military. Worked by detecting phase angle differences...the .mil one worked very well.

The Russian military SOP was to carpet bomb/artillery barrage the entire grid square of a discovered transmitting antenna, 1000x1000 meters. 😬

The Russian military SOP was to carpet bomb/artillery barrage the entire grid square of a discovered transmitting antenna, 1000x1000 meters. 😬
LOL...the ol' Russian KISS philosophy of dealing with a "problem"

assuming they're only operating on 462-467, transmit fake info just to eff with them.

I need to buy a basic set of radio(walkie talkie type) for hiking, and for back up communicating around my hill when cellphone/electricity service out, any good one that easy to use? I know next to nothing about radio so help me pick a good one guys,thank u.

I need to buy a basic set of radio(walkie talkie type) for hiking, and for back up communicating around my hill when cellphone/electricity service out, ...
1. Nothing that doesn't require a license is gonna get the job done
if you're on the trail and think you're gonna reach someone
knitting in the car in the parking lot.

But you're absolutely right to think that if you're
way up in the mountains -
not flouncing around Wachusett or the Blue Hills -
that cell phones may not see a tower if you're in
a cell shadow on the side of a mountain.

2. Who do you think you're gonna communicate with
around your hill when cell service is out? If it's neighbors,
you can pinky-swear all you want, but when push comes to shove
it's very unlikely people are going to turn on their
radio to monitor for calls.
And if a radio is turned off, it's turned off.

(If they've got generators, that's fine.
But most will neglect to keep battery-powered radios charged).

It's not like in Flipper or The Shining where some person
calls another base station,
and the base station is actually turned on,
and someone is actually listening.

Other people can correct me if I'm all wet here...

In some states, the use of or possession of scanners or two way radios in the commission of a crime is a penalty enhancement.
Some states prohibit having a scanner in a vehicle unless the operator has a valid amature license.

It for hiking, line of sigh communication, last time we went out kid took off on her bike, wife have to chase after her. It illigal to own a mf radio now? Wtf

Attachments

• 20201004_152942.jpg
    20201004_152942.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 20
Hack their mainframe, wire all their funds to a Swiss bank account.

But seriously, I’d love to see someone record their comms as further evidence that Antifa isn’t “just an idea”.

Back
Top Bottom