CT governor wants to ban open carry

What does making open carry illegal mean in practice? If someone suspects you have a gun and sees printing, call the cops and have you arrested? Or if a gust of wind blew up your tshirt, someone sees your holstered gun, calls the cops and cops arrest you at gunpoint?

I know in Mass an incidental exposure is legally not a problem (doesn't mean a rogue cop can't take you for the ride) but I don't know enough about the case law to know if it was Mass courts or the Federal Circuit that decided

But Connecticut WILL try to destroy gun owners through both the law (wrap) and the process (ride).

Or if a gust of wind blew up your tshirt, someone sees your holstered gun, calls the cops and cops arrest you at gunpoint?
Florida does not have open carry*. In the past, what you outline above could have been a problem down there. But I believe there was recent legislation (past couple of years or so) that clarified inadvertently exposing was not a crime.

I would expect that in CT the gov would be fine with also charging inadvertent exposure.

Incidentally I have seen regular good old open carry in CT. It was rather surprising to me given the state’s location and political makeup these days.

* except under limited circumstances like hunting and fishing

I know in Mass an incidental exposure is legally not a problem (doesn't mean a rogue cop can't take you for the ride) but I don't know enough about the case law to know if it was Mass courts or the Federal Circuit that decided
There is no law against open carry (of handguns) in Mass by a LTC holder. So therefore…it is legal. However we all know that it could be a SWAT’able “offense”…

Douche

51zDPuIHZ4L.jpg

Lamont and other officials said the legislation, which also includes new registration requirements for ghost guns and monthly limits on handgun purchases, is needed to help curb rising gun violence and crack down on illegal firearms

2019 state law requires ghost guns to be registered with the state, but only those assembled after the law took effect. Police said it is difficult to determine whether a ghost gun was made before or after the law. The proposed legislation would require all ghost guns, including those assembled before the law, to be registered.

<spit>

There is no law against open carry (of handguns) in Mass by a LTC holder. So therefore…it is legal. However we all know that it could be a SWAT’able “offense”…
True but there is at least one case that was discussed here on NES of a LTC holder who had his jacket blown by the wind exposing his pistol that was harassed and a second case where a non-resident holder was harassed because a person heard about his firearm during a urology visit (complainant never saw the gun IFAIR)

True but there is at least one case that was discussed here on NES of a LTC holder who had his jacket blown by the wind exposing his pistol that was harassed and a second case where a non-resident holder was harassed because a person heard about his firearm during a urology visit (complainant never saw the gun IFAIR)
Pretty much what I meant by SWAT’able. And definitely a suitability licensing issue (in the past? Yes? No? Maybe? Maybe)

Florida does not have open carry*. In the past, what you outline above could have been a problem down there. But I believe there was recent legislation (past couple of years or so) that clarified inadvertently exposing was not a crime.

I would expect that in CT the gov would be fine with also charging inadvertent exposure.

Incidentally I have seen regular good old open carry in CT. It was rather surprising to me given the state’s location and political makeup these days.

* except under limited circumstances like hunting and fishing

My guess is Florida corrects the open carry issue when the pass constitutional carry this spring.

Regarding CT, banning open carry and other BS won’t pass the text history tradition standard post NYSRPA vs bruen.

Why is this a problem when nobody has the balls to open carry even where it's legal? It's like all those Free the Nipple babes in NH and Maine who raised hell but don't REALLY want anyone to see their boobies.

FREE THE PLOW HANDLE

Haha, how will banning lawful conceal open affect crime in any way?
I thought it might be cops who notice ghettos carrying a plaxico Glock aren't allowed to go up and demand to see their LTC just because the cop saw the Glock. By banning open carry cops can finally put their knee on the back of their necks if a gun is visible.

But Connecticut WILL try to destroy gun owners through both the law (wrap) and the process (ride).
I don't know about that....wasn't there a case where an attorney had his coat fly open in Worcester, I believe, some Karen saw his gun and he was arrested?

I don't know about that....wasn't there a case where an attorney had his coat fly open in Worcester, I believe, some Karen saw his gun and he was arrested?
I believe that was one of the two cases and the result was that a witnesses concern and alarm at the sight of a legally carried firearm did not give rise to an offense by the LTC holder absent an alarming action from the carrier.

Absolutely nothing. It only means something in a press release.......:rolleyes:

Anyone want to tell Loopey Lamont that firearms crimes are actually going down?
If crime goes down how does the prison industry get money to pay lobbyists and donations?

Why is this a problem when nobody has the balls to open carry even where it's legal? It's like all those Free the Nipple babes in NH and Maine who raised hell but don't REALLY want anyone to see their boobies.

FREE THE PLOW HANDLE
I see a little open carry up here in Maine but not much.

There's plenty of open carry here. I think about half of people CC. Lots of loaded rifles and shotguns in vehicles too. Normally OC would be silly but anyone around these parts who tried anything stupid with a gun would probably lose big time.

FREE THE PLOW HANDLE
The problem is, more infringement on people.

The "I don't do it, therefore I don't care about it" is a FUDD mentality.

Why do I have to explain this?

Back
Top Bottom