CT Gun accident maims Stamford man; police pull permit and seize guns

Where to begin with this one....

Gun accident maims Stamford man - StamfordAdvocate

(Lt Diedrich Stamford Police) Hohn said the man explained that he was dismantling his .40 caliber Smith & Wesson handgun when the gun went off. Hohn said the man said he did not realize that one bullet was in the chamber when he was taking the gun apart.

Police took the man's valid permit to carry a concealed handgun and seized the handgun for safekeeping, as well as a shotgun also kept in the house, Hohn said.

I'm 100% sure that the same thing would happen here in MA if you did something stupid like that. Not saying it's right, but it is the way it is here. Just adds that little bit of extra "insult to injury"!

I am really curious as to where he got his permit to carry a concealed handgun. CT does not issue them.....Also police cannot take your permit..so he has a nice lawsuit there....they also cannot just take your guns for safe keeping..another lawsuit....

I am really curious as to where he got his permit to carry a concealed handgun. CT does not issue them.....Also police cannot take your permit..so he has a nice lawsuit there....they also cannot just take your guns for safe keeping..another lawsuit....

Huh? CT is a "shall issue" state

I have a little plastic card in my wallet that says otherwise.

Not sure what grounds they're confiscating the shotgun under. That one might get them into a lot of legal trouble if he decides to sue since no permit needed to have it. The permit police can pull if they call DPS first, but DPS must authorize the removal.

I don't think the DPS decision requirement was altered in the new bill passed this year but I could be wrong.

as everyone know, CT issues a "state permit to carry pistols and revolvers". you then carry it according to the state statutes, open carry being legal and concealed carry legal in all but possibly two towns.

as everyone know, CT issues a "state permit to carry pistols and revolvers". you then carry it according to the state statutes, open carry being legal and concealed carry legal in all but possibly two towns.

Well it's legal in every town since CT does not allow towns to set their own rules. However, we all know that cops don't care about the law. They just care about how they feel at that particular moment about kidnapping you [thinking]

The only thing CT has going for it on the carrying front is the Goldberg case that really establishes grounds for you to completely **** any town that you get detained in. In fact, my advice to anyone who needs cash and wants to GTFO of CT is to open carry in Bridgport, New Haven or Hartford until you get arrested. Then sue, you'll win on the precedent and most likely settle out of court once the town's lawyers realize what ****tards the cops are. Collect money, move to a free state.

The cops acted outside the law.

He will get his guns back. The victim has retained a lawyer and is getting advice.

The difference between CT and MA is that he will get his guns back and even if he never appeals to the BFPE, he can keep all of them legally.

Even still. This is very sad. Prior to Newtown, this would not have happened. If things work out properly, he will get a nice financial windfall out of this.

Don

Back
Top Bottom