Culverine Firearms, Feeding Hills

Had some mil surplus, but had ARs, S&W pistols, saw one lower in the case, 10/22 takedown . He did have two cans of surplus 54R. He said he'd be better more stock soon, only been opened a couple weeks I guess.

Bought my 9 Shield here. Great guys and got a Mil Discount. I have since sent a couple others there and they all too had good experiences.

Stopped in earlier today, a small shop but he's got tins of 7.62x54R and 7.62x39. A M1 Garand Tanker, too. Not a big selection but it looks like he can order for you.

The owner Walter is a good guy.
He genuinely wants to help the customer out.
His inventory is starting to grow too and as stated he will order things.

I've bought a few things there.
It is just a small shop but worth checking out.

Just stopped back there and picked up a Type 38 Arisaka for $175. He's got a good bit more inventory in, and some well-priced old shotguns too. Chatted there for a couple hours with him and his buddy, talked about a lot of stuff, definitely a store to keep an eye on for unusual stuff.

Just stopped back there and picked up a Type 38 Arisaka for $175. He's got a good bit more inventory in, and some well-priced old shotguns too. Chatted there for a couple hours with him and his buddy, talked about a lot of stuff, definitely a store to keep an eye on for unusual stuff.

Yeah I hear good things about this place...

Can't say enough good things about Walter and his shop. Always fun and friendly to talk to, and his stock is growing. He just bought out the inventory of a small shop in the Berkshires and has a very large selection of older hunting style of rifles and shotguns. He even let me use some of his armorers tools when I was doing my SBR upper. A great guy and a great shop all around.

Another great experience at Culverine today.

Walter and Crew transferred a lower for me today. In and Out in minutes. And No FA-10 like a few other local shops insist on doing for stripped lowers.

Always friendly and wiling to BS for a while. Quickly becoming my go to shop.

I stopped by today and agree had a similar experience to the other folks who already posted here. Very nice people, greeted me when I walked in and even thanked me for stopping by although I didn't purchase anything.

One thing they have going for them is location. They are right on the direct route to going to agawam revolver club. So if I wanted to pick up some extra ammo or supplies, that would be a great place to do it. Also check out the small restaurant in the place as well. Good food.

Being that Walter sold me my first ever gun I feel this place will have a spot in my heart. I haven't been there in a few months but it's good to hear that his stock is growing, I've been looking around at different shops for my first semi-auto rifle and it might be time to pay them a visit again.

stopped here a few weeks ago, spent maybe an hour + talking to the owner. showed me a couple books about m1's chatted a bit more, i had a great experience. I'll definitely be gong back, very nice people and that counts a lot in my book!

Stopped in a couple of weeks ago just to check the place out. Extremely nice people. Not much in the way of merchandise under the glass, but some nice older bolt actions and a couple of neat tacticool 10/22s.

Updated edit:

I recommend this shop, above others in the vicinity. I had one dealing sour me on this shop, which I'm going to chalk up to a poorly informed hire. Beyond that, they have been nothing but accommodating. The shop is small but they run a good business. Transfer fees are very reasonable, too.

Last edited:
I have had very good experiences with this shop. They are very knowledgeable and helpful.
FFL transfer $25. Other LGS $35. Family run and honest. Culverine in Feeding Hills and Mike at Guns and Parts in West Springfield have good selection , lowest transfer fees, and best customer service in Pionerr Valley. Hands down. No need to go anywhere else.

Stopped in yesterday to see what they were like after a FB recommendation.

Small shop but well organized and friendly. Not a huge selection of firearms (like anyone else outside of FS it seems) but some nice items.

Had some ammo, a few large boxes of 9mm, a fair selection of 12 gauge, mainly smaller sizes but also some 00 Buck and a few boxes of hunting slugs.

LOTS of 22, mainly CCI (?).

The lady behind the counter was unpackaging a Ruger PC Carbine in 9mm. Looked nice but not something I felt I needed for my gun safe.

All in all a good place to keep going to. If you are in Western Mass you should check them out.

Went back there today, have a gun I am thinking about selling but they did not think they could get what I would be asking for.

Did look around a little. They had more ammo. A bunch of .380 (FMJ I think) and some .45 ACP. They also had some 50-round boxes of Federal 9mm 124 grain HST. But they were asking an arm and a leg for them. They seem to be lucky getting ammo, maybe it's plain hard work looking at all sources.

Back
Top Bottom