Cuomo says 2A supporters are "extremist"

Serapis

Navy Veteran
NRA affiliate vows fight as key measures of New York's tough new gun law take effect | Fox News
"Yes, they are against it, but they are the extremists and the extremists shouldn't win, especially on this issue when it is so important to the majority," Cuomo said in a radio interview Wednesday. "In politics, we have to be willing to take on the extremists, otherwise you will see paralysis."

Read more: NRA affiliate vows fight as key measures of New York's tough new gun law take effect | Fox News

WHAT A PIECE OF GARBAGE

Anyone who doesn't mind the TSA sticking their hand down your pants while the NSA records your cell phone conversations is an extremist.

I'm fine with being called an extremist as long as they agree our founding fathers were extremists too. Same stuff is going on right now as 200+ years ago only difference is there isn't an ocean seperating us

I'm fine with being called an extremist as long as they agree our founding fathers were extremists too. Same stuff is going on right now as 200+ years ago only difference is there isn't an ocean seperating us

yep. I consider it a complement to be grouped into the same camp as the likes of Thomas Jefferson, John Hancock, Thomas Payne, and company.

Liberal democracy (implemented as a constitutional republic) is meant to protect he rights of the individuals or minorities (aka, extremists) from the oppressive will of the majority.

NRA affiliate vows fight as key measures of New York's tough new gun law take effect | Fox News
"Yes, they are against it, but they are the extremists and the extremists shouldn't win, especially on this issue when it is so important to the majority," Cuomo said in a radio interview Wednesday. "In politics, we have to be willing to take on the extremists, otherwise you will see paralysis."

Read more: NRA affiliate vows fight as key measures of New York's tough new gun law take effect | Fox News

WHAT A PIECE OF GARBAGE
I don't understand why our side doesn't turn these scumbags playbook against them and use phrases like "anti civil rights" or "anti self defense" "pro criminal safety" "anti constitutionalist" when referring to people like cuomo/blomberg instead of using tame crap like "pro gun control" or "anti gun"

I don't understand why our side doesn't turn these scumbags playbook against them and use phrases like "anti civil rights" or "anti self defense" "pro criminal safety" "anti constitutionalist" when referring to people like cuomo/blomberg instead of using tame crap like "pro gun control" or "anti gun"

Because.... Then they'd be.... Extremists...

It is time for the NRA to come out against abortion. Let's kick the fire up a notch. Can you imagine if congress was voting on abortion? That would be awesome. Seriously a super well funded attack on abortion right now would be fantastic fun.

Looks like the SAFE ACT just claimed its first victim. Guy in NY was charged with a misdemeanor for having 2 extra bullets in his mag. Cuomo strikes again! Bloomberg must feel good reading about that guy

The Nazis used to call people "extremists" when they opposed their agenda.

The Communists used to do this too.

This is common behavior for tyrannical regimes and the people who staff them.

As soon as Cuomo starts using language like that - it's a code word for " yes - I am actually the problem here".

"[e]specially on this issue when it is so important to the majority..." When will these blanking morons learn that we live in a REPUBLIC not a Democracy. There is no majority rules when it comes to civil rights. Just ask blacks in the '60s and abortion advocates. That such fools can make it into government and openly advocate the oppression of the majority on an apparent minority makes me morn for our system that was so carefully designed to protect from oppression.

"[e]specially on this issue when it is so important to the majority..." When will these blanking morons learn that we live in a REPUBLIC not a Democracy. There is no majority rules when it comes to civil rights. Just ask blacks in the '60s and abortion advocates. That such fools can make it into government and openly advocate the oppression of the majority on an apparent minority makes me morn for our system that was so carefully designed to protect from oppression.

"...here’s the thing about rights. They’re not actually supposed to be voted on. That’s why they’re called rights." - Rachel Maddow

Now if only she and other anti-gun rights people would abide by that when it came to rights they didn't agree with...

Looks like the SAFE ACT just claimed its first victim. Guy in NY was charged with a misdemeanor for having 2 extra bullets in his mag. Cuomo strikes again! Bloomberg must feel good reading about that guy

Thank God! And here I was worrying about the failing economy, and Benghazi, and the deficit... but now that I know we got THAT guy with the 2 extra bullets, I will sleep soundly knowing the children in NY are safe!

Ironic considering he just pulled off some extreme second amendment ' laws ' and did so through questionable means. He's a hypocrite and a**h*** to boot.

It's like an alternate Universe we live in where these a**h***s claim they respect the Constitution and punish people who never did a thing and label anyone who isn't aboard for the clear violation of the Constitution was an ' extremist '

Thank God! And here I was worrying about the failing economy, and Benghazi, and the deficit... but now that I know we got THAT guy with the 2 extra bullets, I will sleep soundly knowing the children in NY are safe!
Yep all is well with the world now that we got rid of those two extra rounds. [rolleyes]

Yawn.

Same old shit. different day. different pile.

Wake me when it's over.

--

Here's the story about the guy who got arrested for having nine cartridges in his fo-tay.

N.Y. Man Arrested for Having Two Extra Bullets, Violating State?s 7-Bullet Cap | TheBlaze.com

Yeah, this makes sense.

The only thing he did wrong was leave it on the seat next to him. If it was properly holstered, he might have just gotten a warning or ticket for the taillight because the popo wouldn't have known or needed to know that there was a gun there at all.

Last edited:

So you said that we wanted gun control and we stood against your extremist views. Then we called a vote and your extremist views lost.

We showed you that the 43+% of gun owners right now feel that your laws are oppressive. Their brave representatives went against everything the media was saying and voted against it.

Your response was to call them cowards and to say they needed to change to your extremists views.

Somebody tell me if I'm missing something? They took you on and they won. I think it's pretty cut and dry that you can't come to terms that you lost.

Back
Top Bottom