Cuomo says confiscation might be an option

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/21/n...ll-outline-gun-measures-next-month.html?_r=2&

In the interview, Mr. Cuomo did not offer specifics about the measures he might propose, but, while discussing assault weapons, he said: “Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

Mr. Cuomo said it was highly unlikely that lawmakers would reach a deal on new gun laws in the coming days, dismissing as unfounded suggestions that legislators would be called back to Albany as early as this week for a special session devoted to the subject of gun control.

I really hope the line gets crossed somewhere and confiscation is attempted... clock keepers everywhere will ring the bell. It's the slow methodical disarmament with licensing and shit people will suck up and accept that I'm worried about.

This is scary. Then we have our Govoner, Devil talking about the "Great ideas in the media" like mandatory insurance etc. Then we have the Boston Glob advocating Austraila's gun laws.

Scary.

They can confiscate mine if I can confiscate theirs.

Maby there is a loophole In that

Police officer comes to your door and takes your rifle from you and announces (I have confiscated your rifle)

Then you take his rifle from him and announce, (i have confiscated our rifle) and you go on your way with your manditory confiscated rifle.

Ok maby that wont work.

I really hope the line gets crossed somewhere and confiscation is attempted... clock keepers everywhere will ring the bell. It's the slow methodical disarmament with licensing and shit people will suck up and accept that I'm worried about.

I'm sort of hoping that too. If one state tries confiscation - it will set off the red states and I would be willing to bet you would find state legislators going the exact opposite direction from any sort of federal laws that might come down.

Personally - if NY does it, then MA might not be too far behind. You might find me instantly moving to NH with a large trailer getting towed behind my truck.

"Group buy" for NES rental in NH for MA refugees?

I'm sort of hoping that too. If one state tries confiscation - it will set off the red states and I would be willing to bet you would find state legislators going the exact opposite direction from any sort of federal laws that might come down.

Personally - if NY does it, then MA might not be too far behind. You might find me instantly moving to NH with a large trailer getting towed behind my truck.

I got a side-yard that can hold a few trailers while ya'll get settled.

Better to be a year early than a day late.

If you need a Buyer's Agent, I know a very good one.

Sure until the government rallies them behind a few mysterious cases of soldier's families being murdered while they are deployed and the "killers" leaving an NRA business card behind or a Molan Labe sticker at the scene. It really would not take much to get them to fall in line and trample your rights. Compliance is the easy road and a few more false flags would be all it took to ensure it.

Let me just say that any cop I know is going to call in sick when the chief announces that door to door confiscations are going to start. None of them have any plans of making their wives widows over enforcing a new useless law on law abiding citizens. " Sorry Chief, I was looking forward to some close quarters combat but I threw my back out on that construction detail yesterday. Doc says I could be out for months"

Sure until the government rallies them behind a few mysterious cases of soldier's families being murdered while they are deployed and the "killers" leaving an NRA business card behind or a Molan Labe sticker at the scene. It really would not take much to get them to fall in line and trample your rights. Compliance is the easy road and a few more false flags would be all it took to ensure it.

This. False flags have always been one of their favorite tools. Watch them start in the coming months.

Registration lists were used in California to confiscate semi-autos. Remember Katrina? The New Orleans PD went around to licensed owners' houses and scooped their guns. Every dictator from Hitler and Stalin to Hugo Chavez does this.

Right on. They're welcome to try it, but I can guarantee that they won't like the results. Any state, not just MA, would see a lot of people heading out-of-state. I'd be gone.

I fear the chisel far more than the dynomite. while most will take dire opposition to a ban with confiscation, I to fear that people will allow the chisel to thier rights in fear that if they don't settle it will be worse and we should just "be happy we got off so easy" as though we have done anything wrong.

Cuomo was the asst. attorney general under Clinton, and he made the deals with the gun companies that included extra-legal restrictions on sales and the stupid keyholes on S&W's revolvers, among others. Maybe on the plus side, he's hoping to run for president in 2016, and he probably just slammed the door on that with these statements.

Really, The Criminal Demo-Commie Party will pack the polls and rig the machines, Just like what was done this year. Yes, I have No use for Liberals, Democrats or Communists as they may be called, as they are one and the same.

For any of you that say we have some good Demmies, No you don't, they have joined a party to advance Thier person well being at the expense of others. If they had any balls or convictions they would publicly split from the party, but they won't. They kneel and yeild to the powers of thier house or senate leader in hopes of being appointed to a committee or party leadership position so that they make more money.

The real problem IMHO is that the Republican party has become a party of enablers and fellow travelers.

And the Republican voting base is too stupid to see it.

Boner is already making statements that make hi seem sympathetic to further gun control.

There's a bunch of us who have been saying this for a while - and people just don't seem to get it. And it's not that I want the Republican party to die - I want them to do what they are supposed to do - which is OPPOSE this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom