Cuomo says confiscation might be an option

Why won't it matter? The Feds don't have the manpower to enforce confiscation upon the populous.

I think nationwide there are only about 150,000 federal law enforcement officers. While that may sound like a lot, one has to remember many of them have very specific missions and may be barred by law from enforcment outside of their subject matter. Additionally, many of them aren't trained for going door to door against armed citizens. When you narrow it down, the number of Federal LEO's qualified to perfrom such tasks is very slim--so much that the task would be insurmountable without local help.

The problem is not that they don't have the manpower to go around and pick them up - the problem is how much the population will comply with the order to drive down and turn them in?

That's how the confiscations went down in England and Australia and I'm pretty sure that is how they've gone down in every other country that has tried it. Most of the US presents a problem to the government in confiscating firearms: they don't REALLY know who has what because other than NICS - there is "registration".

The MA state government doesn't really have that problem - since they have the CHSB records from the FA-10's. So in this state at least they could just issue the order to come down and hand them in - and then round up the stragglers after that.

I've been saying it for a while - but I'm going to say it again because the time has become very appropriate: the FA-10 is a double edged sword. YES - the government knows what you have. But that presents a problem for them - because if they initiate a confiscation and NOBODY hands them in - or a very small portion of the people hand them in - then the bureaucracy has a problem staring them right in the face. They will have a list they want to check off the checkboxes on - and no way to do it. Unlike in other areas of the country where the bureaucracy can just throw up their hands when their confiscation efforts fail - and claim that they didn't know who had what so how can they go get them - that doesn't work here in MA. Here THEY KNOW - and when they can't collect - THEY WILL HAVE A PROBLEM. That is a problem they will have to solve - because otherwise they will have to admit defeat. When they try to solve it - the whole thing will go off the rails and cost a crapload of money to enforce.

People who don't understand what I'm talking about - need to go read Saul Alinsky and what he said about screwing with bureaucracies.

The real screw job we can give them is not making them shoot us down for the rifles - but rather making them dig up all of New England trying to find them. Defeat thru exhaustion. Guerilla warfare. Think with your heads bitches.

People need to start getting their heads straight and get resolved to what they're going to do if / when this goes down.

My advice would be to find sympathetic friends in VT or ME or NH - and make the weapons disappear. Make them come looking for them. Your ass might end up in jail. But that is classic civil disobedience techniques. If regular law abiding citizens start filling up the jails - and Deval has to let actual criminals loose to hold what were once law abiding tax paying citizens - he just bought himself a shitstorm.

The real problem children are the Fudds - they are the people that need to be told in no uncertain terms NOT to cave into their Fudd instincts and hand them in. Having our fellow citizens sell us out is really the biggest problem.

I think you are all missing something here. The federal government has and will continue to assassinate American citizens. Ruby ridge, Waco, Jose, plus all the other no knock warrants. Were any federal agents ever charged? The federal agents already look at us as the enemy. All it will take is a few to resist and kill a few agents and then it will be all out war on us. At this point the military will be involved and every agent will be brainwashed into thinking they are in the right. It will build up steam like a snowball going downhill and by that time they will be using every resource given to them including tanks,drones, and armed helicopters. I think a lot of people underestimate the federal governments resolve to wage war on citizens.

Good point. People just don't get it.

I know a lot of people will cry tinfoil - but I think it's possible we just got another one of those incidents down in CT. The federal government when it comes right down to it will wage war on the citizens to defend itself - and whatever victims happen along - is not going to stop them.

Confiscation will never happen. And if it does, its only because people let it happen. This clown is just that, a clown.

Mike

You're batting 1000, +1.

These guy is a ****head, the only issue with this I see is that there are so many moonbats here that will see this moron spitting shit like this, and want confiscation. Good luck with that. Sheep will give it up but there are some hardcore men+women that won't react like subdued animals.

I just read that article and that bitch made mention of offering us $500.00 per firearm. Those a**h***s couldn't buy my cheapest bolt gun for that price. They can GO F*** THEMSELVES, Come and take them, If you can!!!

For that price they can have my Mosin, but I will use the cash to buy ammo for the AR.

Where would you start for confiscation? If it resulted in a SHTF moment where resistance from the people happens remember one thing, not even three combat divisions with support elements could lock down the biggest city in Iraq! On top of that I just don't see a big robust enthusiastic response from our military to go after their own people in the first place!

"Barry the Commie" will call for UN forces, To conduct the operations, They have no alliegance to us or our laws. I don't see any other way for him to do this. Remember The current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs has already sold us out.

I don't know if parts of the US Military would stand for that. I would hope some of them stood up and defended their home. Do you really think the Marines would stand by while Americans are getting dragged out of their homes by UN troops? Dragged out and shot.

So guarding schools is too expensive, but buying 300,000,000 guns at fair market price is reasonable? If anything, fair market will be defined as $50 for handguns and $100 for long guns. Bring them in, plebes. That is still well into the Billions.

- - - Updated - - -

"Barry the Commie" will call for UN forces, To conduct the operations, They have no alliegance to us or our laws. I don't see any other way for him to do this. Remember The current Chairman of the Joint Chiefs has already sold us out.

I suggest they do a trial run in the bottom of the county and see how that works out.

If you'd turn it in for fair market value, I think you need to start posting in a different forum. Try the Democratic Underground.

No, it would require me to move.

You guys need to re-read what I posted. I said if they were to buy back guns at fair market value I would want to BS my explanation as to the value and let them pay me 10K. To which I would give them the gun and buy a damn mill and a pallet of 80% lowers and machine myself a relacement.

Might be an option, but and expensive, bloody one that will incite the populace to ignore all the other laws that we don't like but tolerate. Cuomo and his ilk might end up like Louis XVI.

Waco and Ruby Ridge except on a much larger scale...

I doubt that... Gun owners are quite solitary species, a better phrase for unorganized. The gov could go door to door, one house at a time, after 80% of gun owners have given in. After all, it's just the last 20% that would be stubborn enough. That would be just around 12 million people, or 4% of the US population, a true minority. Of the 12 million, again 80% would be influenced by their family members into caving in. That would leave 3 million of us standing in the way. Even the police SWAT teams could take care of 3 million outlaws, one at a time, or maybe a few dozens a day per state. In a few months, we'd be all history.

I doubt that... Gun owners are quite solitary species, a better phrase for unorganized. The gov could go door to door, one house at a time, after 80% of gun owners have given in. After all, it's just the last 20% that would be stubborn enough. That would be just around 12 million people, or 4% of the US population, a true minority. Of the 12 million, again 80% would be influenced by their family members into caving in. That would leave 3 million of us standing in the way. Even the police SWAT teams could take care of 3 million outlaws, one at a time, or maybe a few dozens a day per state. In a few months, we'd be all history.
Scary, sobering, and sad all at the same time. Also probably true.

P

Don't forget however that although being solitary individuals, we also all know 10-15 (at least) other owners personally, either from work, kids parents, etc. If a confiscation order came down it would only take one or two of these individuals to organize their 'friends' to resist the order. And then you have your clubs which are generally cliquey to begin with so although solitary it would not take long to organize a resistance that would spread like wildfire.

I was shooting the bull with a local leo here and he just chuckled at the thought...I remember him saying something to the effect: "no way I'm following that order". I do believe he's not a minority...

I've heard words to the same effect from a Trooper and a local cop (both Sgts) in the last two days.

Last edited:
Once people caught wind of people resisting a resistance would form when they think there doing it eff it I'm joining them.

It's probably more hopeful that once the majority sees bloodshed in say a couple dozens of houses across the country...

But would you sacrifice your life to defy a ban or confiscation of ARs?

Once people caught wind of people resisting a resistance would form when they think there doing it eff it I'm joining them.

this would basically means "occupation" and quite a few will take off to the hills. Happened before, it won't be pretty. Unless .gov wants to **** with families, it would not work, never mind that this time around, people hoard more than average of ammo and supplies.

Compared to other leos in the past, it only works when you picking people here and there, once there is decent resistance and few go out in the blaze of "glory", they'll call up army, because no leo wants to deal with this shit, even NKVD took people in the middle of the night to lessen the visibility.

First, 300,000,000 search warrants?
second, if your not home they can't kick your door in and take them.
third, there's like what 500,000 national guardsman of which maybe 50,000 would follow those orders.
fourth, this band aid on my finger is too tight.
fifth, I don't think they could successfully go door to door they'd be spread so thin across the United States that they would be an open target. In movies I know bad reference but in movie where you see thousands of soldiers in a quarantined town it's just a town think of the 10s of thousands of towns each with thousands of gun owners.... I just dot see how viably possible this would work once people caught wind of anything like this they'ed form militias.

Come get it...

coca-cola.jpg

While I don't see this ever happening in my lifetime I've risked more for less, as has pretty much everyone who's been in the military post WWII.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

This would be almost impossible in most states like here in Maine. How are they going to come and take firearms that they don't even know that you have? Since we don't register them they have no idea who has what or how many.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom