Current processing time for CT resident permits?

Hi Folks,

I live in MA and over the summer I have convinced my parents & brother who live in CT to apply for their permits.

They are now coming up on 11-12 weeks after applying/prints/etc & still haven't heard back.

Does anyone have any insight as to why it's taking so long or what the current wait time actually is? I am assuming it may have to do with a pre-election rush causing a system overload, but don't know for sure.

Thanks!

It seems to vary by municipality, with the variable being how quickly the local PD actually starts the process. Based upon feedback from my CT students, the average is currently about 60-70 days. That said, there are a few PD's in CT that are known to intentionally drag the process out.

It seems to vary by municipality, with the variable being how quickly the local PD actually starts the process. Based upon feedback from my CT students, the average is currently about 60-70 days. That said, there are a few PD's in CT that are known to intentionally drag the process out.

Thanks!

Just heard from my brother today that he contacted his local police station & I guess it's 'on the chief's desk', so that's good. He submitted just before my parents, so maybe it will come soon for them as well.

I'm just looking forward to going shopping with them all.

I just want to toss this out here, kind of to be a d*ck, and kind of just because this is such crap by the state of Connecticut. I lived there for forty years. My wife and I currently have non-resident permits, (they were resident permits, we just advised them of our new out-of-state addresses). It took us at least 8 weeks to get our permits in Connecticut.

It took us exactly 7 days to get our Georgia weapons permits.

Both states do the same processes; fingerprints, photos, national background checks.

Why's that? I'm the same person. Same fingerprints, same background checks.

Oh - and in Georgia I didn't have to take any classes. I simply had to not be a prohibited person.

The state process itself takes about 2 weeks or less. Any other delay is caused by your issuing authority.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

Just heard from my brother today that he contacted his local police station & I guess it's 'on the chief's desk', so that's good. He submitted just before my parents, so maybe it will come soon for them as well.

I'm just looking forward to going shopping with them all.

This is part of the problem. There is no reason, per CT statutes for the application to be waiting "on the chief's desk". He can deliberate your suitability while the packet has been sent off to DESPP for processing.

I submitted my packed, and it arrived in CT State Police Feb 8. Haven’t heard a word yet. Although there is a pandemic going on but no idea if they’re still processing

Got it may 1st

Just under 90 days, and that was at the start of covid too when things were shutting down. Now things are opening back up and people getting back to work.

I submitted mine on August 12th, 2020... so 90 days would be November 12th. Little less the 30 days left. I did apply for a non-resident.

I will post and update once I get mine.

Just under 90 days, and that was at the start of covid too when things were shutting down. Now things are opening back up and people getting back to work.

I submitted mine on August 12th, 2020... so 90 days would be November 12th. Little less the 30 days left. I did apply for a non-resident.

I will post and update once I get mine.

Yes I was actually surprised things were moving since that was in peak of the draconian lines at supermarkets

Yes I was actually surprised things were moving since that was in peak of the draconian lines at supermarkets

Interesting note, is that on September 15th, they contacted Texas DPS to verify my Texas LTC. They cashed the payment checks 3 days before that. So I know the application didn’t sit on someone’s desk for to long before they started processing it. Coming up on 70 days, so hopefully we will see something soon!

Just received my CT non-resident LTC/CHL on March 6th, 2021.

The date in on the LTC says it was issued on 2-18-2021.

They received my application pack back on August 13th. According to Fed Ex Tracking.

Thus it took... 189 days to approve... and another 16 days to receive in the mail in Texas. Or 205 days total.

Back
Top Bottom