Curved AR-15 Trigger Guard

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Does anyone here have any experience with curved AR-15 trigger guards?

Good points? Bad points?

Good points? Bad points?
You mean as opposed to the cheap flat ones that come with Anderson and cmmg kits?

I think it's a matter of looks and preferences. If you'll ever be wearing a glove the curved gives a little more room.

I only install the magpul curved ones. Like the look and feel a lot better.

Installing is a little tricky to not break off the tabs when putting in the in the pin. But if you're careful it's no big deal.

Installing is a little tricky to not break off the tabs when putting in the in the pin. But if you're careful it's no big deal.

Aluminum or polymer?

You mean as opposed to the cheap flat ones that come with Anderson and cmmg kits?

I think it's a matter of looks and preferences. If you'll ever be wearing a glove the curved gives a little more room.

I gave away a few tools made to safely install and remove the pins
If there is a decent amount of interest I may be able to do another run and karma some off

Good points? Bad points?
The USGI trigger guards have the ability to open up to allow a "winter trigger" if that is a requirement.
The curved trigger guards have more room for (heavily) gloved fingers.
I put these on all my builds and have had no issues.

Last edited:
All my builds use the curved. More for looks, but in case of gloves.

I like the spikes one.

I put on whatever I have around,.. then upgrade along the way. The spare trigger guard I take off soon becomes the start of another build,.. everyone wins!

Back
Top Bottom