• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Custom build

Hey all, new to the forum. I was told that I might be able to get some help with a custom build. I would like to build a 6.5 creedmoor in a chassis. I am looking to build a 1/2 or less if possible. I'm thinking maybe MDT chassis, carbon fiber barrel, but I don't know enough about these parts. I have put aside $7500. Canadian, around $5500.00 US for this project. That's rifle, glass, bipod and brass. Any information or help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Rob

Hey all, new to the forum. I was told that I might be able to get some help with a custom build. I would like to build a 6.5 creedmoor in a chassis. I am looking to build a 1/2 or less if possible. I'm thinking maybe MDT chassis, carbon fiber barrel, but I don't know enough about these parts. I have put aside $7500. Canadian, around $5500.00 US for this project. That's rifle, glass, bipod and brass. Any information or help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Rob
Have tou thought about attending matches and check out what might be up for sale from someone looking to up grade.?

Well, I mean (flame suit on) you could pick up a savage axis for short money. ($300) Savage is known for being really accurate for short money. Granted it’s not a tacti-cool Remington 700 that every manufacture makes aftermarket stuff for. But the savage action is the easiest to re-barrel. And MDT sells a chassis system for the axis action. ($400). So going that route, you would be left over with $4800 for a barrel, glass, timney trigger, and a big pile of Hornady 143 grain ammo. Should check your boxes nicely. Yes the bolt is heavy on the savage action. Mine is a shooter. I have all the confidence it’s more accurate than me. All I did was drop a savage axis into a Boyd’s stock, and put a vortex scope on it. It’s ideal for my needs. I don’t even mind the factory trigger. The factory magazines suck.and cost too much to bother with buying a spare in my case. I almost sent the stock to CDI for bottom metal that accepts ACIS magazines. But my desire was a stalk hunting rifle. So I don’t mind terribly.

I have zero doubts about this rifle’s ability to keep meat in my freezer. But my 6.5 creedmoor goal was a practical Arizona hunting rifle. And it’s just right to carry all day, and poke over elk sized critters and smaller.
The vortex 6-24x50 is far more magnification than I’d have bought. But it was a birthday present. So, I’ll be happy to have it.

6981245A-DFA9-4130-8DB9-BCE3317837AC.jpeg AE6BB48F-3AD1-446F-9793-69896C110812.jpeg C5CB9D06-B237-4AA0-998E-0137A3F936A4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom