Custom Gun & Cycle Winchendon

GSG

Custom Gun & Cycle
139 Elm Street
Winchendon, MA 01475
978-297-3317

It's a gun store in Winchendon, Mass., anyone here have any reviews?

Last edited:
A friend knows of the place, but I did a search on here and no one has mentioned it.

Figured I'd ask.

I *think* it's more of a bike shop that has an FFL and does transfers. I believe the guys at State Line in Mason use them for transfers on sales to MA residents, you may want to ask them.

96cbr900rr beat me to it. [grin]

I stopped in today to check things out. It's a neat little shop, the owner was helpful and friendly. He's a gunsmith and motorcycle mechanic (hence the title of his shop), and when I asked he said that most of what he does is repair work. He had about a dozen shotguns on the wall and what looked like a decent selection of ammo, but I didn't look too closely since I was in a little bit of a rush.

I picked up a 50 round box of WWB .380 FMJ and two 5 round boxes of 00 Buckshot for $26, not a bad price.

The shop's about the size of Tite Group, not a huge place at all, but I'm glad to find a local gun business to support over Wal-Mart.

One more thing, he also said he's usually open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday, but I'd suggest calling first if you plan on stopping in, since it's a one man show.

Kevin is a great guy. His business number is also his wifes business number and their home phone. Pleae do not constantly call him about ammo. He doesnt get a lot in and likes to save it for his regulars. He wont sell you aot of it either. State line tried to buy all his ammo but he refused because it keeps his regulars happy. He is very busy this time of year with MC's. He is a small business and wants to stay that way. Respect that please..

Kevin G. is a talented motorcycle mechanic and gunsmith. He handled the motor job when my 80" was stroked to 89" several years ago. I put 98 thousand miles on that stroker kit.

As mentioned, he's located on Elm St. in Winchendon. If you're familiar with the area, you turn off of Route 12 onto Central Street (the main drag) in Winchendon, and drive the length of the street till it turns residential ...at just that point, take a right onto Maple, and Elm is just a little bit down on the right. Kevin's shop/house is a just in a bit on the left.

Kevin worked as a CO and facility armorer in Gardner after military service, and has been gunsmithing and wrenching on motorcycles for over 25 years.

PS - He witnessed the NES in action at MRGCI's first Pumpkin Shoot

Unless things have changed, he works primarily on H-D bikes. Whether that means he'll wrench on your Triumph or Ducati would require a phone call. He's a mechanic, and a businessman, he carries no particular manufacturer bias otherwise that I'm aware of.

I was there today to pick up a pistol for which I won an auction on Gunbroker. Kevin is a super nice guy. Not a ton of inventory. I get the feeling he guys and sells a little, but he doesn't have much "in stock." He was a pleasure to deal with and much more personable than the people at a lot of other gun shops I deal with.

Birdman

I was there today to pick up a pistol for which I won an auction on Gunbroker. Kevin is a super nice guy. Not a ton of inventory. I get the feeling he guys and sells a little, but he doesn't have much "in stock." He was a pleasure to deal with and much more personable than the people at a lot of other gun shops I deal with.

Kevin is the best FFL . Genuinely nice guy. I have done multiple transfers with Kevin and his shop is a Jewel. A fine Man. An exemplary American Business. I brought family, we were welcomed, on a Sunday. Thanks Kevin
Jack

Updated shout out for Kevin who is still there and still doing business. I stopped in today so he could transfer/ship a gun for me to my sister through an FFL in Florida.
He is a super nice guy, it is not the first time I have used his services and won't be the last.
Bring him some business if you can, his is the type of small local operation we need to keep alive.

🐯

Updated shout out for Kevin who is still there and still doing business. I stopped in today so he could transfer/ship a gun for me to my sister through an FFL in Florida.
He is a super nice guy, it is not the first time I have used his services and won't be the last.
Bring him some business if you can, his is the type of small local operation we need to keep alive.

🐯

Does he keep any stock or can place orders from distribution? From what I understand so far, he's primarily transfers only?

Does he keep any stock or can place orders from distribution? From what I understand so far, he's primarily transfers only?
He does have stock but not much, you could call and easily have him list the guns available but he does deal with distributors and can get anything you could legally own in Massachusetts. 978-297-3317 give a call, leave a message on what you're looking for and he will get back to you.

Back
Top Bottom