Customer of Worcester gas station viciously beaten in random attack

Mental health history, "hospitalized" Thursday but the docs let him go b/c they didn't think he posed a threat to others. Oops.

Told you all lot of people will go nut as things go to shit. This is why i carry lot of mags.of all the shitholes cities that i been to worcester is not that bad lol.

Do the victims have any ability to sue the psychiatric professionals who let him out just the day before because "he wasn't a threat?"
Leaving aside the fact that you can sue anyone for any reason in this country.... Yes they absolutely do. For that matter, since the doctors are acting on behalf of the state when making the determination, they could probably sue the state as well as the doctors.

It appears from the video footage that non-lethal force may have been a reasonable consideration under the circumstances. It also appears that the victim in the gas station incident was in “code white” and disbelief and could only muster to duck-and-cover and not even create distance. He’s lucky the assailant did not revert to more lethal force.

It appears from the video footage that non-lethal force may have been a reasonable consideration under the circumstances. It also appears that the victim in the gas station incident was in “code white” and disbelief and could only muster to duck-and-cover and not even create distance. He’s lucky the assailant did not revert to more lethal force.
He looked to be younger, taller and stomped on the victim's head. I wouldve given his family a closed casket funeral to enjoy.

lol..."he was hospitalized with mental health issues....doctors determined he did not pose a risk to others."

Can you imagine if he DID pose a risk to others.

lol..."he was hospitalized with mental health issues....doctors determined he did not pose a risk to others."
the only functional mental care facilities left in this country are jails. so, perhaps 'doctors' just let it go how it was supposed to go.

the only functional mental care facilities left in this country are jails. so, perhaps 'doctors' just let it go how it was supposed to go.

Sickening. We're talking about mental illness and you post a story about a guy minding his own business practicing his 1A protected religion. Shame on you.

Not sure what those are but I'd get behind it!

It's slang for state mental hospitals / institutions (i.e. long term residences and treatment centers for the mentally too-f***ed-up-for-society). The MA ones got shut down about 40 years ago due to politics, mostly because they treated patients horribly in many cases... Rather than improve the quality of care, and set some new standards, the state shuttered them all and dumped the abby normals onto your streets to wreak havoc.

If you can get them funded and re-opened, I'll happily open a strip club called "The Booby Hatch" in your honor, exclusively featuring girls with "crazy eyes". You haven't lived until you've seen a nubile lass make her way around the brass pole in nothing but a straight jacket. It takes a lot of leg strength, but it's a sight to see. You think you're "horny"? If this girl doesn't take her risperdal, she thinks she's a mountain goat. Bon apetit.

"Osuna has been transferred to Salinas Valley State Prison’s psychiatric inpatient program. He has been diagnosed with unspecified schizophrenia spectrum, antisocial personality disorder and borderline personality disorder, according to the newspaper.

A (California) judge has ruled that Osuna is not competent to stand trial for Romero’s death."

Sounds like a model inmate....got what he wanted

I wonder how many blows to the head it would take to knock the goofy out of him ?
Let's start out with 5 or 6 and take it from there.

He looked to be younger, taller and stomped on the victim's head. I wouldve given his family a closed casket funeral to enjoy.

Since this instance is in close geographic proximity to many of us, I think it’s worth a more detailed discussion.

I’m not an attorney, but to add to the discussion, the relative appearance of a disparity in age and height is generally not a reasonable justification for use of force because proportionality still exists — both men appeared to be mid-20 to mid-30 age males in average physical condition (no physical mobility aids, etc) — if it was a 20-something gym rat versus an elderly person, it may be reasonable to assume a disparity, but without having any prior knowledge of a mental health issue of the assailant it may be perceived by any jury as two “average” guys in an altercation. While the news story reports there was no prior exchange, who know what the assailant may allege after the fact.

Of course, once the assailant began to stomp on the victim’s head, one could assume fear of grave bodily harm to the victim. At what point does bystander intervention become reasonable? Are you going to fear jail time up to life in prison for a stranger? Would you intervene as a bystander in the act of battery and risk the assailant direct the violence at you? I mean these as rhetorical questions —

Merely drawing your CCW and issuing a verbal command is brandishing and the assailant can allege they felt threatened, leading to an assault charge, arrest, loosing 2A rights and thousands of dollars in legal fees.

Is aiding a bystander morally “worth it”? If you were the individual being assaulted would escalating the encounter by drawing your firearm be the justified response? Now you’ve introduced the gun into the fight. Even many people who train marksmanship regularly do not regularly train weapons retention techniques.

I think it’s all reasonable to ask and consider the “what if it were me...” scenarios. I’m just not sure I have all the answers. Just my $0.02...

I’d be interested to hear @Len-2A Training opinion, as I think this provides a good learning opportunity.

Since this instance is in close geographic proximity to many of us, I think it’s worth a more detailed discussion.

I’m not an attorney, but to add to the discussion, the relative appearance of a disparity in age and height is generally not a reasonable justification for use of force because proportionality still exists — both men appeared to be mid-20 to mid-30 age males in average physical condition (no physical mobility aids, etc) — if it was a 20-something gym rat versus an elderly person, it may be reasonable to assume a disparity, but without having any prior knowledge of a mental health issue of the assailant it may be perceived by any jury as two “average” guys in an altercation. While the news story reports there was no prior exchange, who know what the assailant may allege after the fact.

Of course, once the assailant began to stomp on the victim’s head, one could assume fear of grave bodily harm to the victim. At what point does bystander intervention become reasonable? Are you going to fear jail time up to life in prison for a stranger? Would you intervene as a bystander in the act of battery and risk the assailant direct the violence at you? I mean these as rhetorical questions —

Merely drawing your CCW and issuing a verbal command is brandishing and the assailant can allege they felt threatened, leading to an assault charge, arrest, loosing 2A rights and thousands of dollars in legal fees.

Is aiding a bystander morally “worth it”? If you were the individual being assaulted would escalating the encounter by drawing your firearm be the justified response? Now you’ve introduced the gun into the fight. Even many people who train marksmanship regularly do not regularly train weapons retention techniques.

I think it’s all reasonable to ask and consider the “what if it were me...” scenarios. I’m just not sure I have all the answers. Just my $0.02...

I’d be interested to hear @Len-2A Training opinion, as I think this provides a good learning opportunity.

Male on Male: Yank the hose, jump back in the vehicle and put it in gear, then lay on the horn. While dialing 911. If the perp comes near you, drive off or over them.

Male on Female: Yeah, I’m gonna have a tough choice...and regret any decision, but have to live with myself and family.

Back
Top Bottom