• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cute one

Wait, just to confirm I'm reading this right, he charged him with possession of a firearm and ammunition for a pellet gun and pellets? Edit: Only having found the pot after illegally searching his car due to having seen the "evidence" of a not gun?

And wrote .177 ammunition to sneak it past all the ignorant lawyers and judges.
Yeah, I added even more to that previous statement. But that's just takes it a step further. Should have never even reached the point of searching a car over the pellet gun. Any knowledge of ramifications for the officer? Probably a slap on the hand.

The narrative on the arrest looks/reads like it was written by a 10 year old playing police officer.... [rofl]

The narrative on the arrest looks/reads like it was written by a 10 year old playing police officer.... [rofl]
Not really, brief, terse and to the point. LEOs are not hired for their command of writing essays . . . I think that we were told this in the Academy.

True, guess it depends on how old he was at the time of writing since not everybody retires immediately at 20 years.
Unless something has changed, MSP Troopers have to retire at 55 yo.

The charges are BS. Most closed white bags aren't going to show what is in them until you open them. Furtive movements are a great catch-all to justify a search without a warrant (exigent circumstance). A good attorney at the time of arrest should have squashed this easily if said attorney had a clue about Mass gun laws (which most don't unless they specialize in this stuff).

Good luck getting the case reversed.

Interesting a 40 year old conviction....Just reopening it now? I assume your post was to get some sort of reaction.

Who knows why his client wants the conviction tossed, but better late than never. And people should understand that cops shouldn't be trusted. Pulled over because the scumbag noticed something hanging from the driver's mirror, bullshit charges, misleading description - Trooper KJ Driscoll sounds like a real overachiever.

Not really, brief, terse and to the point. LEOs are not hired for their command of writing essays . . . I think that we were told this in the Academy.

Unless something has changed, MSP Troopers have to retire at 55 yo.

The charges are BS. Most closed white bags aren't going to show what is in them until you open them. Furtive movements are a great catch-all to justify a search without a warrant (exigent circumstance). A good attorney at the time of arrest should have squashed this easily if said attorney had a clue about Mass gun laws (which most don't unless they specialize in this stuff).

Good luck getting the case reversed.
Alright, so basically unless the officer was 21-24 at the time of writing he's retired. Fair enough.

I agree on the length but this one is so poorly written its absolutely laughable. It doesn't even tell the reader why the guy stopped the motor vehicle, just that "it happened".

-Mike

I agree on the length but this one is so poorly written its absolutely laughable. It doesn't even tell the reader why the guy stopped the motor vehicle, just that "it happened".

-Mike

He stopped him because he had something hanging from his rear view mirror as he drove down 128 at 6pm on a Monday. I'm guessing that's illegal or something, but clearly a fishing expedition in any case.

And people should understand that cops shouldn't be trusted. Pulled over because the scumbag noticed something hanging from the driver's mirror, bullshit charges, misleading description .
I remember getting pulled over as a teenager in good old Manchester-by-the-sea. The reason you ask? I had an air freshener hanging from my rear view mirror....

The cop was so nice to only give me a warning.....

He stopped him because he had something hanging from his rear view mirror as he drove down 128 at 6pm on a Monday. I'm guessing that's illegal or something, but clearly a fishing expedition in any case.
I remember getting pulled over as a teenager in good old Manchester-by-the-sea. The reason you ask? I had an air freshener hanging from my rear view mirror....

When I was an undergrad at UConn the two biggest things cops did on the weekends were:
- Pull people over for license plate covers (the frames around the edges of the license plate are technically illegal, at least in CT, but, rarely enforced)
- Pull people over for fuzzy dice, air fresheners, etc.

Then, they did sobriety tests, searches for drugs, etc.
On Monday morning, the police blotter would be LOADED with "officer pulled [xxx] over for an obscured license plate, then detected the scent of marijuana, and proceeded to search the vehicle," etc.

It was like "pull over undergrads using this one weird trick."

Who knows why his client wants the conviction tossed, but better late than never. And people should understand that cops shouldn't be trusted. Pulled over because the scumbag noticed something hanging from the driver's mirror, bullshit charges, misleading description - Trooper KJ Driscoll sounds like a real overachiever.

Back in the mid-1960s it was popular to have your HS graduation tassel hanging from your mirror.

I was stopped by a Registry cop for having the Dino (Mother Bay State Gas) dinosaur sitting ON TOP of my rear-view mirror. Apparently it blocked my view of incoming aircraft. It was a BS stop with strictly a verbal warning and demand to remove it (I did in front of him, later put it back).

Yes, it is illegal to have anything on your dashboard or on the front windshield except gov't issued stickers (inspection) or anything hanging from the mirror while moving (e.g. handicap hangers are supposed to be removed while in motion). Very rare that anyone is hassled for that stuff, but it is in the lawbooks.

Yes, it is illegal to have anything on your dashboard or on the front windshield except gov't issued stickers (inspection) or anything hanging from the mirror while moving (e.g. handicap hangers are supposed to be removed while in motion). Very rare that anyone is hassled for that stuff, but it is in the lawbooks.

That's interesting because all Uber/Lyft drivers have the device stuck to the windshield holds your phone. Are they all subject to being pulled over/ticketed for it?

And of course you can't hold your phone while driving anymore so there is that too.

Back
Top Bottom