Cylinder and Slide closing

Knob Creek

NES Member
Retiring

Cylinder and Slide would like to announce that after 44+ years of business, we are ceasing operations. We would like to thank our countless customers and fellow industry partners for all their support and assistance throughout all these years.

We do have quite a bit of inventory, fixtures, equipment, factory parts, etc that we would like to move. If you have any potential interest, we are accepting email inquiries only; [email protected]. There is too much list at the moment, but we are generating lists of what we have.’

Please congratulate Bill on being able to finally retire!

Cylinder & Slide To Close - Soldier Systems Daily

Wow. Well, they can. I guess no one wanted to buy it. How big was the operation?

The bigger crime was no one was trying to buy out Colonial Donut in Taunton. They just closed up shop. I didn't hear they were trying to sell the place. Just closed. Best donuts in. . . . well, possibly 50 miles or more. Gone. :(

I really hope that someone picks up some of their product lines. I believe one of their OEM's makes parts for a lot of other gun companies.
Some of the stuff wouldn't be too hard to bring under another tent. I have a few 80/90's pistols that were worked over by Bill and they are outstanding examples of 2nd gen custom work! He's a giant of the industry and congrats on a long and successful career!

I really hope that someone picks up some of their product lines. I believe one of their OEM's makes parts for a lot of other gun companies.
Some of the stuff wouldn't be too hard to bring under another tent. I have a few 80/90's pistols that were worked over by Bill and they are outstanding examples of 2nd gen custom work! He's a giant of the industry and congrats on a long and successful career!
One of the things that sucks about C&S being gone as it's one less place to willing to work over Ruger Revolvers... although these days that kind of thing doesn't shock me because basically there's this sort of spiraling death syndrome where skin flints don't want to pay for anything anymore so people that are capable of learning those kinds of skills aren't even bothering anymore because there's no money in it..... good gun plumbers are hard to find.

One of the things that sucks about C&S being gone as it's one less place to willing to work over Ruger Revolvers... although these days that kind of thing doesn't shock me because basically there's this sort of spiraling death syndrome where skin flints don't want to pay for anything anymore so people that are capable of learning those kinds of skills aren't even bothering anymore because there's no money in it..... good gun plumbers are hard to find.
Wheel gun mechanics are a dying breed:
I would love a Bowen Smith, but believe he's only working on rugers now:

Wow. Well, they can. I guess no one wanted to buy it. How big was the operation?

The bigger crime was no one was trying to buy out Colonial Donut in Taunton. They just closed up shop. I didn't hear they were trying to sell the place. Just closed. Best donuts in. . . . well, possibly 50 miles or more. Gone. :(

NES Group Purchase anyone?

Back
Top Bottom