CZ 2075 RAMI Anyone have one and how do you like it?

Looking for a pocket gun. Tired of taking 15 minutes to suit up with a holster just to go into the store for five minutes.
Definitely want a double action hammer and was looking at the RAMI online.
Just looking for input.

It's not all that small to me, comparable to a g26.

It is a nice gun, along with any other CZ. Any and all CZs are quality. I don't have one but have played with em, and I like em.

It's not all that small to me, comparable to a g26.

It is a nice gun, along with any other CZ. Any and all CZs are quality. I don't have one but have played with em, and I like em.

Yep, I have the Sphinx SDP which is a Swiss hand made version of the CZ and I love it. Choked at the $1200 price though. They also make a sub-compact for about $1000 but you cant find them anywhere. Been sold out for as long as I've been looking.
Looking at the CZ because I know its a quality gun and I gotta have a hammer. Cant see myself rolling around on the floor with someone while trying to get a striker fired handgun out of my pocket.

I've never heard anything bad about them and if it scratches your itch it will probably be a good gun as most CZ's are.
I am a total cz-whore and its only a matter of time before pick one up.
Next on my list is a CZ 75 Compact D (PCR) which is a great little pistol.

I'd prefer the decocker version. Be sure to avoid the polymer version too, they had reliability problems. Not an easy gun to shoot they say, but a good choice if you don't want a striker.

I'd prefer the decocker version. Be sure to avoid the polymer version too, they had reliability problems. Not an easy gun to shoot they say, but a good choice if you don't want a striker.

I looked all over for a 45 but couldnt find a small double action or one with a decocker. And I'm sure not going to walk around a store with a pocket launcher with the hammer cocked. I know, I know, they make trigger covers and what not but I'm just not going to walk around with a cocked single action gun trigger covered or not.

OutdoorFanatic, give Nick at Waumbec Weaponry in Manchester a call, he may have some. I've also heard 619DW keeps some CZs. Otherwise the only other dealer who I KNOW will have one is down in Rhode Island.. lol.

I've never heard anything bad about them and if it scratches your itch it will probably be a good gun as most CZ's are.
I am a total cz-whore and its only a matter of time before pick one up.
Next on my list is a CZ 75 Compact D (PCR) which is a great little pistol.

Wish they had a sub compact 45 but I may end up with the 40 if I can even find one of those.
I know that second shot with the 40 will be up in the ceiling somewhere but....

Good luck with that, Vaya con Dios! I personally would like to have a couple more bullets to miss.
Stopping power is a myth, and 45 is questionable with penetration especially with heavy clothes (FBI denim test)
That being said the Rami would be great platform for an extra punchy 40 or 45 with the extra mass.
Super lightweight tinnie-tiny large caliber subcompacts are no fun.

Watch if you don't mind copius f-bombs. Chuck is the man and hilarious, he's also shot lots of people in the face.

This one is special NSFW:

for small hammer gun i love my p30sk. like most HK's the trigger takes a little learning but it's an incredibly well built gun and utterly reliable. ejects the empties into a tiny area. very consistent. never had a hiccup w it. the CZ rami looks like a nice pistol. i've held them but never fired. if you're looking at the rami i would also consider a 75 compact since it's barely any bigger. then again for carry a G26 pretty much walks all over these options.

none of these double stacks are pocket guns. if you want a pocket 9mm i would look at a kahr PM9 or ruger LC9s...those are the only ones i've found comfortable at least in my pockets.

for small hammer gun i love my p30sk. like most HK's the trigger takes a little learning but it's an incredibly well built gun and utterly reliable. ejects the empties into a tiny area. very consistent. never had a hiccup w it. the CZ rami looks like a nice pistol. i've held them but never fired. if you're looking at the rami i would also consider a 75 compact since it's barely any bigger. then again for carry a G26 pretty much walks all over these options.

none of these double stacks are pocket guns. if you want a pocket 9mm i would look at a kahr PM9 or ruger LC9s...those are the only ones i've found comfortable at least in my pockets.

The only thing I didnt like about the p30sk was the mag release. I was sold on it until that point.
Far as the others, I leaned away from the striker fired handguns a couple of years ago. Had 2 kahr's and liked the feel but my 45 kept denting the brass. Every cartridge had a smiley face in it which made reloading impossible. The 40 kahr kept jamming at least once every mag. One day I was at the range and the first missile out of the silo jammed, and that was it for me. traded it 10 minutes later.

what about the p30sk mag release didn't you like? i engage it with my R hand middle finger or R hand index finger (shooting finger). in a pinch could reach with my thumb but it's not optimal that way (at least for me). to me the biggest detriment to the HK euro mag release is that it prevents them from being able to undercut the trigger guard in the design.

check out the P2000 full size 9mm. you might like that one too. it's only a bit larger than the P30sk. internally the same exact gun.

Yep, I have the Sphinx SDP which is a Swiss hand made version of the CZ and I love it. Choked at the $1200 price though. They also make a sub-compact for about $1000 but you cant find them anywhere. Been sold out for as long as I've been looking.
Looking at the CZ because I know its a quality gun and I gotta have a hammer. Cant see myself rolling around on the floor with someone while trying to get a striker fired handgun out of my pocket.

Springfield XD-E? You're not going to fit a RAMI in your pocket. Or the XD-E really. You need something like a Sig P238 or P938.

img_1170.jpg

Looking for a pocket gun. Tired of taking 15 minutes to suit up with a holster just to go into the store for five minutes.
Definitely want a double action hammer and was looking at the RAMI online.
Just looking for input.

A RAMI is NOT a pocket gun. More like a Glock 26 class gun, but heavier than that even. This is the kind of gun
that was really meant to be carried IWB.

In general hammer fired guns are ill suited for that purpose anyways. If you get over whatever your issue is, options will open considerably.

Had 2 kahr's and liked the feel but my 45 kept denting the brass. Every cartridge had a smiley face in it which made reloading impossible. The 40 kahr kept jamming at least once every mag. One day I was at the range and the first missile out of the silo jammed, and that was it for me. traded it 10 minutes later.

Basically everything Kahr makes that isn't in 9mm or .380 is pretty pointless or unnecessarily abusive.

-Mike

what about the p30sk mag release didn't you like? i engage it with my R hand middle finger or R hand index finger (shooting finger). in a pinch could reach with my thumb but it's not optimal that way (at least for me). to me the biggest detriment to the HK euro mag release is that it prevents them from being able to undercut the trigger guard in the design.

check out the P2000 full size 9mm. you might like that one too. it's only a bit larger than the P30sk. internally the same exact gun.
Being right behind the trigger like that I just feel that it could be bumped or pressed accidentally and eject or loosen the mag.

A RAMI is NOT a pocket gun. More like a Glock 26 class gun, but heavier than that even. This is the kind of gun
that was really meant to be carried IWB.

In general hammer fired guns are ill suited for that purpose anyways. If you get over whatever your issue is, options will open considerably.

Basically everything Kahr makes that isn't in 9mm or .380 is pretty pointless or unnecessarily abusive.

-Mike

I dont like a personal protection handgun with a safety. As a bird hunter since I was about 12 years old I can tell you that I've missed hundreds of birds because my safety was on. And I want a hammer for the added safety of not having a safety. That first trigger pull, (single action) is around 9-10 pounds, 6-7 if it has a decocker. In an "All of the sudden shtf, bullets flying, people running, something just hit me, grab a hand full of gun out of my pocket situation, I dont want to shoot at the floor or myself with a no safety striker fired 2 pound trigger handgun.
Besides, I've been told by some pretty experienced people that in a situation like that the trigger could be a 50 pound pull and you wouldn't realize it.
I'm a big fan of a decocker and love my Sphinx SDP loaded and half cocked but its a tiny bit larger than a g19 and not a pocket size gun for running into a store for 5 minutes. And chances or a hammer gun going off accidentally is almost 0.

Get one in your hand cause a lot of people say the XD-E isn't comfortable with all the ambidextrous doodads hanging off both sides.

Back
Top Bottom