• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CZ 75 gunsmithing in MA/NH/RI???

spt_1955

NES Member
I know that CZ's are not widely used in MA because they are not on on of the lists but I have a NIB CZ 75 SP-01 that I would like to have action work done on.

I had originally planned on sending to Cajun Gun Works but they are not accepting work at this time and do not have an estimate of when they will start taking in custom work again. I had Larocca gunworks recommended to me and actually shot a CZ 75D compact that the had done a trigger job on and it was very nice, however 3 phone messages over 2 weeks have not been returned so I really don't want to deal with that kind of service.

Does anybody have experience (positive or negative) with a gunsmith in MA , southern NH , or RI working on CZ's. I am either just having a trigger job including the pre-B short reset connector or swapping out the current trigger/SEAR and replacing it with a Single Action straight trigger (which is what I wanted Cajun to do)

THanks in advance for your help.

Call/Email Greg Derr and/or Dave Santurri and ask them. No idea if they work on CZs, but they are your best bet in the area if they have the experience with that type of gun.

You'd be surprised, I remember before the first EOPS List was issued, FS was selling CZ-75s for $200 each. So no doubt there are a lot of them out there purchased before the List made it impossible for a dealer to sell legally, people who moved in with them, etc.

Don't most people mail out their CZs for work? CZ Custom shop or Cajun Gun Works, I'm not sure what's most popular.

- - - Updated - - -

You'd be surprised, I remember before the first EOPS List was issued, FS was selling CZ-75s for $200 each. So no doubt there are a lot of them out there purchased before the List made it impossible for a dealer to sell legally, people who moved in with them, etc.

Good lord, what year was that, Len?

Hard to understand why we don't see many more for sale in the classifieds with that sort of pre-list history. Their owners must really like them.

Don't most people mail out their CZs for work? CZ Custom shop or Cajun Gun Works, I'm not sure what's most popular.

The OP posted that Cagun Gunworks is no longer accepting new work. CZ Custom is the other biggie, but if CGW is backed up I bet CZ Custom is also.

I bought one of those CZ-75B from Four Seasons. I don't recall it being $200 -- I think it was more like $400. I will have to check my records. These CZ-75Bs are military contract over-runs, IIRC. The sights suck and they do have a firing pin block, so you can't get the trigger as good as a non-firing pin block CZ like an SP-01 Shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

Gerg Derr

Do you know if he has done work on CZ-75s?

nope. but I would at least start with him. if he doesn't work on CZ 75's, he could likely direct the OP to another solid gunsmith.

honestly CZ-75's trigger mechanism is pretty mainstream nowadays. it's not a zebra. If it were my pistol I would make it a DIY project, but alas.

Polish it.....many YouTube / forum tutorials on-line. I have done 3 pistols so far. It's easy and the action becomes smooth as butter. If u buy parts, I will do for cheap money. This is a buddy's SP01:
(IANAGS)
image.jpg

Automatic accuracy in Arkansas is another good CZ shop. Mathew Mink is the guy there.
THanks he appears to be accepting work and he is also on the CZ-USA website list of Gunsmiths.

Polish it.....many YouTube / forum tutorials on-line. I have done 3 pistols so far. It's easy and the action becomes smooth as butter. If u buy parts, I will do for cheap money. This is a buddy's SP01:
(IANAGS)
View attachment 165735
Thanks for the offer. I'm comfortable with doing trigger jobs and have done plenty on Glock (easy), Sig (PIA) , and S&W revolvers (fun) however as one poster mentioned the modern B version 75's have a firing pin block. THe reason I mentioned "Pre-B SRT" in the OP is that most competition trigger jobs done by the high end shops (CZ Custom, Cajun, Automatic Accuracy) include removing the firing pin block and replacing the trigger/SEAR with "pre-B" parts that fit the current models very nicely with a little work when done by an experienced CZ gunsmith but beyond any DIY job that I want to try even though the parts are available from Cajun. Removing this block drops almost 1lb from the trigger pull just by itself.

Last edited:

The first EOPS List was issued on Valentine's Day, 2002. So dealers were free to sell anything up until that date. I bought an off-list gun (special order) only 2 weeks prior to that occurring.

Hard to understand why we don't see many more for sale in the classifieds with that sort of pre-list history. Their owners must really like them.

Some of us have religious beliefs that prevent us from selling guns. [rofl]

[Unless we find them absolutely terrible!]

Too bad CGW isn't accepting more work. I couldn't believe the difference after sending my 75b to them last year. Incredible service. Though my bank account is probably happy that they're not accepting work because I would love to buy one of their "cajunized" shadows that recently went out of stock on their website (along with every other CZ they had for sale - prob due to the backlog of work....)

The OP posted that Cagun Gunworks is no longer accepting new work. CZ Custom is the other biggie, but if CGW is backed up I bet CZ Custom is also.

I bought one of those CZ-75B from Four Seasons. I don't recall it being $200 -- I think it was more like $400. I will have to check my records. These CZ-75Bs are military contract over-runs, IIRC. The sights suck and they do have a firing pin block, so you can't get the trigger as good as a non-firing pin block CZ like an SP-01 Shadow.

- - - Updated - - -

I just found my receipt for my CZ đźš©75 with the factory target . I bought this in Italy in 1985. $285! I dun guud. the factory target probably upgrades the re-sale value along with the factory box and cleaning rod.

Back
Top Bottom