• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CZ 75 History Question

PappyM3

NES Member
Does anybody know when CZ 75 Compacts came around? Was it prior to the ‘94 AWB?

I asked CZ USA, and all they responded with was:
“Unfortunately I do not have access to that information.”

There are some preban 75b compact magazines around. They hold 14 and are indistinguishable from post ban of similar vintage.

Thanks for the info. I just pulled the trigger on a 13 rounder on gun broker. Some 14 rounders being preban is a good bit of info.

Make sure that it is a 75b compact. There is some question about "pre-b" compatibility in the full size but I'm not sure about this in the compacts. I'd love one for my PCR.

Make sure that it is a 75b compact. There is some question about "pre-b" compatibility in the full size but I'm not sure about this in the compacts. I'd love one for my PCR.

Thanks for the heads up. I don’t actually have a CZ yet, but I’m prepping with mags before I do. If this one doesn’t fit, then I’ll just resell it. For $40, I snagged it just in case.

Last edited:
As typical with CZ, they have so many variations, that it's hard to say exactly when any particular model came around, but there are variants that are pre 94.

Weird source and not sure how much cred I'd give it, but the Internet Movie Firearms Database lists it as 1992 to present. They are often pedantic about firearms though over there, so maybe there's some truth in it.

Back
Top Bottom