• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CZ Magazine Base Pad Questions

I have many (late 80’s early 90’s) preban factory CZ 75 15 round magazines all of which are in their original factory metal base/floor plate configurations.

I’m looking to retrofit many of them with a non extension rubber base pad. Has anyone here successfully accomplished this? These things are apparently little rubber unicorns:

https://czcustom.com/products/cz-75-rubber-base-pad.html

CZ 75B, CZ 85, CZ 75 COMPACT RUBBER MAG BASE PAD 273199000850 [CZ 75 BASE PAD 273199000850] - $8.95 : Greg Cote, LLC

75/85 RUBBER MAG BASE PAD

Question: Do these slide onto the CZ preban factory 15 rounders using the existing factory metal “locking plate” (the dimpled clip that attaches to the magazine spring)? Or do you need a newer version locking plate?

Oh, and anybody have a few they can spare? :)

I've got 1 (maybe 2? have to check) of those rubber basepads that I installed on preban CZ mags. They work fine if you're not dropping them on hard surfaces like concrete during a USPSA match....I had the basepad fly off along with the mag spring during a match over the winter lol. I'm looking to find a better basepad to hold up to the abuse as the factory basepad is a PITA to take off during matches for mag cleaning.

I use springer precision basepads for my MecGar 10 round mags but they won't fit the preban mags.

Thanks! I decided not to purchase them and stick with the tried and true metal magazine plates/bases.

I installed one on my spare magazine and it locked into the factory mag with a little elbow grease. I used it on the spare mag because I pocket carry that and the metal plate was punching holes through my pants after ~2 years.

I installed one on my spare magazine and it locked into the factory mag with a little elbow grease. I used it on the spare mag because I pocket carry that and the metal plate was punching holes through my pants after ~2 years.

Thanks, but you are referring to a CZ 75 magazine correct? Is this on a compact/PCR? Does the base pad bridge the gap left by the full size magazine?

Thanks, but you are referring to a CZ 75 magazine correct? Is this on a compact/PCR? Does the base pad bridge the gap left by the full size magazine?

It's a PCR, 14 round magazine. The base pads from Greg Cote should fit compact and full size the same - if you're putting full size mags into a compact/PCR then there will be a vertical gap (if those work at all?) but if it's the standard mag for whichever pistol there is no gap.

Back
Top Bottom