Cz p09

Anyone who owns or has experience with the cz p09, can you tell me if the picture below is normal. You can see the case when the slide is in the most forward position. I own many handguns and have never seen the case when the gun is ready to go boom. The gun fires flawlessly.

Attachments

• 0331200946a.jpg
    0331200946a.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 17
Anyone who owns or has experience with the cz p09, can you tell me if the picture below is normal. You can see the case when the slide is in the most forward position. I own many handguns and have never seen the case when the gun is ready to go boom. The gun fires flawlessly.

Another view. I’m saying you’re good.

EBB41451-AB42-4B1D-9A38-F85297119827.jpeg

Absolutely normal. Here's a P938 that's the same way. You can see the case on my P09 and P01 too.IMG_20200331_221336616.jpg

My p238 looks the same. Don't have any cz's. I'd say it's not that scary it's just the rim.

OP-

this is exactly why it’s bad to drop the slide on an empty chamber
the brass provides a cushion between the breech and barrel
the rim of case should be visible
cases do not blow out at the rim as this part is not experiencing the pressure inside the case

Only thing out of the ordinary is the cocked hammer, de-cock that shit before putting it down loaded.

there is no inherent or mechanical increase in safety when a modern TDA is decocked
internal safeties are operational either way
but i agree it should be decocked

there is no inherent or mechanical increase in safety when a modern TDA is decocked
internal safeties are operational either way
but i agree it should be decocked
Some say the double action pull is a mechanical increase in safety. [cheers]

Yup, its brand new, my coronavirus excuse to my wife to buy another gun. Just an empty case you see in the gun. Been shooting for over 25 years, I've learned a thing or two.

Back
Top Bottom