Cz scorpion s1 carbine

Can somone let me know if we can buy these here in ma.. feel like there are no legal carbines besides the hipoints.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190202-004747_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190202-004747_Chrome.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Think you could pm me with dealers that sell them

Any deal should be able to get you one it would be like this one.

I just checked and non of my distributors had any in stock.

If they did it would have been $999 new.

The brake and stock would have to be pinned that's the only thing to be able to sell them in Ma.
4219.jpg

Any deal should be able to get you one it would be like this one.

I just checked and non of my distributors had any in stock.

If they did it would have been $999 new.

The brake and stock would have to be pinned that's the only thing to be able to sell them in Ma.
View attachment 267244
So basically i could get one shipped to an ffl and have them pin it and i would be all set? I wonder how much they would charge ill have to look into it

So basically i could get one shipped to an ffl and have them pin it and i would be all set? I wonder how much they would charge ill have to look into it

I am sure if you are friendly with a local dealer they might do that most dealers like to get the item and sell it to you so they can make some money but check around.

Plenty of MA dealers sell versions that are MA AWB compliant. Mass Firearms in Holliston for one. There is also a faux suppressor version that is really just a barrel with shroud. To Massify, the dealer pins the folding stock and pins the break (on the non shroud version). CZ sells 10 round mags which of course look awful. It’s an accurate and nice shooter.

I want one really bad. Shot one last year and really liked it. I’d love to shoot one in USPSA PCC. The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on getting one is the mag limits. I really wish they used the CZ 75 mags when designing this. I saw some guy on another forum that was trying to retrofit a Glock mag to fit... or some adapter or modification to the gun. Don’t think anything came of it.

This gun actually has me considering getting my FFL.

Plenty of MA dealers sell versions that are MA AWB compliant. Mass Firearms in Holliston for one. There is also a faux suppressor version that is really just a barrel with shroud. To Massify, the dealer pins the folding stock and pins the break (on the non shroud version). CZ sells 10 round mags which of course look awful. It’s an accurate and nice shooter.

This right here. Not sure if MFS has them in stock at the moment, but they're perfectly fine to own in MA so long as you massify them as mentioned.

Like i said in my original post with a pinned stock and a pinned muzzle then there ok glad everyone can say the same thing i already said lol.

I just don't know who has any in stock at this time I am currently out of stock.

Last edited:
And dealers sell them and it won't have that gay California non pistol grip.

I have the pistol it's my favorite gun after my Sig MPX I might like it over my Sig and it was $1000 less than the Sig.

Why do you like it over the Sig? Cause I'm considering both. MFS has great deals on the MPX, not sure about the EVO.

Bren is a completely different gun. I have both the bren and scorpion. I love both but the scorpion in my opinion is much more fun to shoot. You can buy the 30 round mag that has been blocked to accept 10 rounds. Looks much better than the stupid looking 10 round

I dont know how much the mpx usually goes for but its on mfs fpr like 1600

MFS is the lowest I've seen for the MPX carbine. They probably buy in volume. I'm leaning toward the MPX over EVO cause it's more AR like, and I don't feel like I'd need to modify anything, whereas on the EVO I'd want to change a few things, bringing the price gap closer.

Bren is a completely different gun. I have both the bren and scorpion. I love both but the scorpion in my opinion is much more fun to shoot. You can buy the 30 round mag that has been blocked to accept 10 rounds. Looks much better than the stupid looking 10 round

callegalmags sells those (also MPX 30 or 20 rounders limited to 10), not sure who else. Just don't confuse those with your stash of SHTF 30 rounders!

MFS is the lowest I've seen for the MPX carbine. They probably buy in volume. I'm leaning toward the MPX over EVO cause it's more AR like, and I don't feel like I'd need to modify anything, whereas on the EVO I'd want to change a few things, bringing the price gap closer.
The MPX is a MA legal firearm? I didn’t know that.

Why do you like it over the Sig? Cause I'm considering both. MFS has great deals on the MPX, not sure about the EVO.

They both shoot great
CZ Is lighter
Mags are way cheaper 17 to 20 dollars compaired to the Sig that are 50 to 60 dollars no matter uf there 10 round or 30 round
There are a lot of up grades for the CZ

But there are a lot of upgrades for the Sig to i just never did any because I thought it was good right out the box the only thing I might do to the is get a drop in trigger for it and a MLOK hand gaurd instead of the key mod that it comes with.

I had a problem with both when i first started shooting them.

The CZ every once and a while I would pull the trigger and nothing happened ad first I thought it was the ammo so i would rack a new round.
But to find out it was the hammer not dropping weather it got caught up or not totally in battery.
But with cleaning and oiling seamed to stop.

The Sig had a failure to eject so i called Sig and they sent me a new extractor spring worked for 60 rounds then same shit again failure to eject.

So i called Sig and tild me to send me a ejector claw the guy was a little bit of a dick and said I hade to send it in for repair I told him I know what it is just send me the extractor if that don't work I will send it in he did but charged me 20 dollars for the part.

The gun was brand new but out of warranty because it was over a year old because I bought it as a SBR and it took a year for the ATF to ok it.

But after I got the ejector and put a new ejector spring ( I used a M16 heavy spring with rubber grommet instead of the Sig ejector spring ) after that it hasn't had a problem either.

Last edited:
They both shoot great
CZ Is lighter
Mags are way cheaper 17 to 20 dollars compaired to the Sig that are 50 to 60 dollars no matter uf there 10 round or 30 round
There are a lot of up grades for the CZ

But there are a lot pf upgrades for the Sig to i just never did any because I thought it was good right out the box the only thing I might do to the is get a drop in trigger for it and a MLOK hand gaurd instead of the key mod that it comes with.

I had a problem with both when i first started shooting them.

The CZ every once and a while I would pull the trigger and nothing happened ad first I thought it was the ammo so i would rack a new round.
But to find out it was the hammer not dropping weather it got caught up or not totally in battery.
But with cleaning and oiling seamed to stop.

The Sig had a failure to eject so i called Sig and they sent me a new extractor spring worked for 60 rounds then same shit again failure to eject.

So i called Sig and tild me to send me a ejector claw the guy was a little bit of a dick and said I hade to send it in for repair I told him I know what it is just send me the extractor if that don't work I will send it in he did but charged me 20 dollars for the part.

The gun was brand new but out of warranty because it was over a year old because I bought it as a SBR and it took a year for the ATF to ok it.

But after I got the ejector and put a new ejector spring ( I used a M16 heavy spring with rubber grommet instead of the Sig ejector spring ) after that it hasn't had a problem either.

Damn, was afraid of that, Sig quality control still sucks.

Do you find the piston MPX more pleasant to shoot than the gas blowback CZ? Or it doesn’t matter cause it’s 9mm?

If you have a dealer you buy from just ask him if you can have him accept a transfer if you buy on Gunbroker and can pin the stock for you.. I did this a couple years back and love my Scorpion

Damn, was afraid of that, Sig quality control still sucks.

Do you find the piston MPX more pleasant to shoot than the gas blowback CZ? Or it doesn’t matter cause it’s 9mm?

There doesn't seem to be much difference

The CZ has a heavy spring with a big heavy square bolt so recoil is not bad at all.

The Sig has dual recoil springs and a heavy bolt like a AR 15 the gas system is more for to help when it is suppressed to run correct but it puts a lot of gas in you face but does run good with a silencer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom