• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cz scorpion

Just wanted to know if the scorpion is worth it considering I can't buy ARs anymore and I would like something new for the range anyone with a scorpion and do yiu like it

The trigger is based off the AK, so it's heavy and needs some work. There is a guy who is making (3D printing) sleeve adapters for UZI mags to run in the CZ.

personally i dig the beretta CX4 to the point that i'm not looking for any other pistol carbines, but no doubt the CZ scorpion is a cool pistol carbine. one small word of caution, i have heard that depending how the stock is pinned it can prevent takedown of the rifle. so if you buy one locally i would just look into this.

the CX4 storm is also over a pound lighter and has provision for real capacity mags. if you haven't looked into the CX4 would give it a peek. i've had mine for ~4 years and it eats everything.

Pretty much any new rifle that has a proprietary magazine (not a clone of a rifle with existing prebans) is stuck with a 10 rounder. I liked Beretta's new rifle from a couple of years ago but couldn't commit because of the lack of prebans. If you can get past that then love the rifle. Just remember that when you don't love it anymore your missing a whole lot of the buying market because many people feel strongly about not being able to buy hicaps and you may have to take a loss, or wait awhile for that other person that lives that specific rifle

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

out of the box it needs a few mods to make it more ergonomic but there are plenty of companies offering custom parts for it. HB Industries makes high quality parts for it I use their AK style safety switch and safety delete on mine.

I really dig the Scorpion, even if it is in .32.

Wait...what?

WHAT????

FUDGE!!!!

I HATE WHEN COMPANIES KEEP RE-USING NAMES!!!!!!!

For the record - attached are photos of the Czech Scorpion (Skorpion - Vz61) and S&W M&P. This is NOT what anyone is talking about.

The old stuff is interesting, the new stuff...meh - not so much.
skorpion_and_kit.jpg M&Prevolver.jpg

Czechpoint is still making the Skorpion, in .32, .380, and 9mm Mak. I have a bad, totally inappropriate and pointless case of the wantsies for the .32 version.

I really dig the Scorpion, even if it is in .32.

Wait...what?

WHAT????

FUDGE!!!!

I HATE WHEN COMPANIES KEEP RE-USING NAMES!!!!!!!

For the record - attached are photos of the Czech Scorpion (Skorpion - Vz61) and S&W M&P. This is NOT what anyone is talking about.

The old stuff is interesting, the new stuff...meh - not so much.
View attachment 198700View attachment 198701

I love my Scorpion and it is one of my favorite guns to shoot. I SBR'd it and have a suppressor on it, which makes it super fun. As stated above, it requires a little tweaking out of the box. I would consider the safety selector and trigger spring upgrades to be nearly required but HB Industries makes great replacements for both.

Which Scorpion are we talking about here? The Cz61? That thing is awesome. The new evo is meh.

I'm the other way around, I have no use for the old stuff, whereas the Evo is something I would actually shoot.

-Mike

You called? They aren't even two weeks into June 2016 forms yet.

I called, still pending. Had a can and another form 1 approved already, those checks were cashed on 7/5/16. The form 1 for the scorpion was postmarked the day the NFA trust laws changed so it's a couple weeks behind the others.

I called, still pending. Had a can and another form 1 approved already, those checks were cashed on 7/5/16. The form 1 for the scorpion was postmarked the day the NFA trust laws changed so it's a couple weeks behind the others.

7/13 forms aren't likely to be processed until the fall lol. There were truckloads of them postmarked 7/13.

one small word of caution, i have heard that depending how the stock is pinned it can prevent takedown of the rifle. so if you buy one locally i would just look into this.

I don't believe this is correct. Takedown (removal of bolt for cleaning) is totally independent of the stock. One captured pin is pushed and the trigger assy drops down and the bolt carrier comes down/out easily.

The folding (and telescoping) stock attaches to the back of the receiver.

The stock DOES have to be in the folded position to be separated from the receiver though, so if it's "pinned" and unfoldable it cannot be removed. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Love my Evo 3 S1 carbine, fake can and all.
So far I've only added the HBI mini AK-style safety selectors; the stock ones definitely ride on the side of your trigger finger..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron[MA];5524717 said:
I don't believe this is correct. Takedown (removal of bolt for cleaning) is totally independent of the stock. One captured pin is pushed and the trigger assy drops down and the bolt carrier comes down/out easily.

The folding (and telescoping) stock attaches to the back of the receiver.

The stock DOES have to be in the folded position to be separated from the receiver though, so if it's "pinned" and unfoldable it cannot be removed. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Love my Evo 3 S1 carbine, fake can and all.
So far I've only added the HBI mini AK-style safety selectors; the stock ones definitely ride on the side of your trigger finger..

i do not own a cz scorpion

i have been told by knowledgable person that to disassemble the action a pinned stock will prevent this. Since you own one, Is that correct or not?

some videos looks like stock has to fold, but here looks like not so much...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4mvTjybN0w

Last edited:
If I were to choose a 9mm subgun with available prebans, neither of those choices would be near the top 50.

You do realize we are talking about Massachusetts, right ? Here we don't have 50 or more choices. If you want prebans the carbines I mentioned are legal to sell in Mass. That is unless you want to pay someone a ridiculous price to mickey mouse Uzi magazines, that may or may not work in all the other carbines that are sold in the free world.

You do realize we are talking about Massachusetts, right ? Here we don't have 50 or more choices. If you want prebans the carbines I mentioned are legal to sell in Mass. That is unless you want to pay someone a ridiculous price to mickey mouse Uzi magazines, that may or may not work in all the other carbines that are sold in the free world.

Feel free to restrict yourself, I have had no problems with populating my subgun collection. Nothing you describe is applicable or a problem.

i do not own a cz scorpion

i have been told by knowledgable person that to disassemble the action a pinned stock will prevent this. Since you own one, Is that correct or not?

some videos looks like stock has to fold, but here looks like not so much...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V4mvTjybN0w

The stock's position has nothing to do with disassembling the action.

The only thing a pinned (so it cannot fold) stock prevents is removal of the stock itself (from the receiver) as the release button to slide the stock assembly off the receiver is inside/ behind the hinge and only revealed when the stock is folded.

So, at least as far as my carbine goes, I'd say no, your friend's statement is not correct.
However, maybe there are some different versions I'm not familiar with.

Last edited:

The people wearing big kid pants/skirts don't care about any of that stuff. This sounds like the first page out of the downtrodden MA gun owner manual. This is actually inspiring in a way I might have to write a book about this mindset, it'll be entertainment based, though.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom