CZ VS Sig

Got the CZ and took it to the range...its heavy...I can't believe how well I shot it...the Fiber optic sights really helped my tired eyes...took awhile to get used to the trigger...in SA its very light and the reset is almost immediate..is that normal for CZ?

Yeah that's normal. The SP-01 shadow I've dry fired had a VERY short reset and a VERY light trigger - well under 3lb SA trigger if I recall.

my guess its closer to 2 than 3...if anyone is near the braintree R&P they are welcome to shoot it

It's probably not that light if you put a gauge on it. I want to say my SCT was like 3.something and 6.8 DA or something like that. Usually if you have a CZ Custom gun there is a test target inside the box with the recorded trigger pulls on it.

-Mike

My Shadow has a 3lb trigger. You have to get used to the reset, as its so short, but the overall travel is long.
Most accurate gun i own.

Im actually eying a CZ as well. What Ive noticed is that the grip is a bit slimmer than on the sig.

I have the opportunity to acquire a new CZ 75 SP-01 shadow custom for the same money as a used Sig 226 elite stainless....anyone shot both? Quality of each? They are not cheap guns so I don't want to rush into one... I believe pre bans are available for both for reasonable money..any other issues I should consider?

My Shadow has a 3lb trigger. You have to get used to the reset, as its so short, but the overall travel is long.
Most accurate gun i own.

The trigger on my Shadow is now about one pound! It has been temporarily retired until I can get a replacement hammer and sear. Normal wear and tear has not been kind to this pistol.

PS The grips on the Shadow are slimmer than the SIG, but the new SIG ergonomic grips are quite an improvement. I like the new SIG grips so much that I intend to shoot my SIGs in IDPA (P 226) and USPSA (X 5) this year. Looks like the Shadow is headed for an extended vacation.

Are there any CZs that are relatively light, compared to Sigs which are all heavy, except for the latest striker fired models.

Yes, they make some with a polymer frame. For gun games, though, the heavier models are the way to go -- less muzzle rise so your follow up shots are faster.

Are there any CZs that are relatively light, compared to Sigs which are all heavy, except for the latest striker fired models.

Yes. The CZ P01 and PCR model are an aluminum framed compact gun. Then as M1911 said, CZ has polymer framed models like the P07 and P09 models.

cajun gun works has the safety version in stock already tuned up..$808 plus shipping...but I want the decocker version..which is $150 more for some reason and out of stock

cajun gun works has the safety version in stock already tuned up..$808 plus shipping...but I want the decocker version..which is $150 more for some reason and out of stock

A little too rich for my blood being a carry gun. But it would probably be the ultimate carry gun with 10 rounds and 3.5lb SA trigger.

Back
Top Bottom