• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CZ75b matte stainless or polished? Preban mags?

Ok so how do we coordinate this CZ outing? I am a member at both Hopkinton Sportsmen Association (HSA) and Mass Firearms School - so both are options, I prefer HSA since we will have more room. I am also participating in the April 18 USPSA at HSA IN Hopkinton if anybody is coming, it runs from 8:30 to about 12:30.

I can bring my CM pair (open, limited), SP01 Tactical (souped up), and P01 (souped up). I am selling my 75 BD tomorrow to a fellow CZ owner in Hopkinton and he would likely be interested! If we want to diversify into 1911's I can bring a couple.

Ok so how do we coordinate this CZ outing? I am a member at both Hopkinton Sportsmen Association (HSA) and Mass Firearms School - so both are options, I prefer HSA since we will have more room. I am also participating in the April 18 USPSA at HSA IN Hopkinton if anybody is coming, it runs from 8:30 to about 12:30.

I can bring my CM pair (open, limited), SP01 Tactical (souped up), and P01 (souped up). I am selling my 75 BD tomorrow to a fellow CZ owner in Hopkinton and he would likely be interested! If we want to diversify into 1911's I can bring a couple.

I hear so many great things about HSA so I'd definitely wouldn't mind meeting up there sometime. Never tried USPSA, IDPA, IPSC etc but always wanted to. What division would my CZ fall under? Forgive my ignorance lol. We wouldn't have to meet up this weekend if you're busy with USPSA. I'm usually free on most weekends.

I'll be on vacation this weekend but the following weekend could work.

Thinking about the CGW race hammer on my SP-01 Tactical... Uses the OEM sear so I wouldn't have to screw with that.

PaulD, don't worry about the inside finish, the gun is put together exceptionally well where it matters. On the pins - assuming you are referring to trigger pin and firing pin block pin?

For trigger pin, spend 13 dollars and get a floating pin from CGW. Be sure to not lose the trigger spring. To be safe, get a reduced power trigger spring and slave pin from CGW.

The concern on the FPB pin - this might matter a lot depending on what type of FP you have inside - stock or extended. If you are up to it, I would get the SRS kit from CGW which includes a few things that make an amazing difference, including a new roll pin. Always be sure to position the groove or gap in roll pin vertically up so there is no chance of interference with FP. Some people miss this and wear out their FP. Hard to tell from your pic but looks like the gap is generally near the top and not toward the bottom. Any help let me know, I am a self proclaimed CZ expert :)

Thanks.

Yes, they did seem to put the attention where it matters. And yes, those are the exact pins I'm talking about.

How can I tell which firing pin is in there?

Thanks.

Yes, they did seem to put the attention where it matters. And yes, those are the exact pins I'm talking about.

How can I tell which firing pin is in there?

Only by measuring it - I have both OEM and extended so can tell you quickly. I would take it out to measure and while putting it back, replace the roll pin with the CGW tempered steel roll pin.

Thinking about the CGW race hammer on my SP-01 Tactical... Uses the OEM sear so I wouldn't have to screw with that.

OEM Sear is actually high quality - leave it alone but if you polish, have a spare ready, it's cheap. Not too hard to create a risky config if you take out the wrong tiny amount from the head.

Race hammer works wonders! Be sure to buy friction fit hammer pins - makes a world of difference.

Well here it is, after ~8 weeks away from home lol.

View attachment 134696View attachment 134697

The SA trigger is insanely smooth and light!! Very short reset and just butterly smooth with a crisp clean break. The DA is definitely the nicest DA trigger I've ever felt on a DA/SA gun. I love the new sights too, very easy to acquire them. I might try to hit the indoor range tonight for a test fire or wait until this weekend.

I'm having a similar problem as jc9394 with those preban mags. The mag springs are too light to push up the slide stop. So basically the slide won't lock back when I insert an empty mag. I guess I'll have to order one of those new mag springs.

Also finally tracked down some nice cocobolo half checkered grips. I think they look slick against the shiny stainless. Maybe eventually I'll get some ivory grips if I'm feeling like a cartel member...

Last edited:
So did anyone else involved in the preban group buy have issues with the mag springs not having enough tension/force to push up the slide stop? Or did I just happen to pick the 3 out of the group that had weak springs??[laugh]

So did anyone else involved in the preban group buy have issues with the mag springs not having enough tension/force to push up the slide stop? Or did I just happen to pick the 3 out of the group that had weak springs??[laugh]

I haven't had a chance to try mine. I'll report back when I do.

OEM Sear is actually high quality - leave it alone but if you polish, have a spare ready, it's cheap. Not too hard to create a risky config if you take out the wrong tiny amount from the head.

Race hammer works wonders! Be sure to buy friction fit hammer pins - makes a world of difference.

I've already done the SPGK1, FP and FP pin. So easy. Big fan of CGW!

Not gonna do any polishing on this gun. Race hammer and pins will probably be the last change.

Well here it is, after ~8 weeks away from home lol.

View attachment 134696View attachment 134697

The SA trigger is insanely smooth and light!! Very short reset and just butterly smooth with a crisp clean break. The DA is definitely the nicest DA trigger I've ever felt on a DA/SA gun. I love the new sights too, very easy to acquire them. I might try to hit the indoor range tonight for a test fire or wait until this weekend.

I'm having a similar problem as jc9394 with those preban mags. The mag springs are too light to push up the slide stop. So basically the slide won't lock back when I insert an empty mag. I guess I'll have to order one of those new mag springs.

Also finally tracked down some nice cocobolo half checkered grips. I think they look slick against the shiny stainless. Maybe eventually I'll get some ivory grips if I'm feeling like a cartel member...

Congrats Andrew! Looks amazing! Will try out the preban mags this weekend and let you know. I actually replaced the mag springs with Wolff +5%, so all my springs are new. Figured its cheap insurance.. Seem to lock fine - at home.

- - - Updated - - -

I've already done the SPGK1, FP and FP pin. So easy. Big fan of CGW!

Not gonna do any polishing on this gun. Race hammer and pins will probably be the last change.

Consider working on the trigger bar. 6 surfaces that need help and makes a world of difference!

Yeah please do. I'm curious as no one else has said they had issues.

I have issue with mine but not from your group buy. I tried to replace it with the stock 10 rounders spring but it did not work. I ordered the CZ Custom spring and will report back when I receive it, most likely in May I'm away next couple weeks.

I am taking my 75B to the range tmrw and I'm going to try the preban mags. I will let you know how they work out.

Congrats Andrew! Looks amazing! Will try out the preban mags this weekend and let you know. I actually replaced the mag springs with Wolff +5%, so all my springs are new. Figured its cheap insurance.. Seem to lock fine - at home.

Thanks! I forgot about Wolff. They're mag springs are cheaper than buying from CZ Custom. I already ordered 3 +10% springs from CZC. Hopefully they work okay.

- - - Updated - - -

I have issue with mine but not from your group buy. I tried to replace it with the stock 10 rounders spring but it did not work. I ordered the CZ Custom spring and will report back when I receive it, most likely in May I'm away next couple weeks.

I just ordered some from CZC based on the email you got from them the other day. Fingers crossed that they work lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I am taking my 75B to the range tmrw and I'm going to try the preban mags. I will let you know how they work out.

Well does the slide easily/securely lock back when you insert an empty preban mag?

Both of mine fail to hold the slide back sometimes. I wasn't sure if it is the spring or the follower.
I may replace both to be sure.

I just noticed that the followers in the group buy mags are differently shaped than the factory 10 rounders and the pinned 16 rounders. ?????

Jack

Both of mine fail to hold the slide back sometimes. I wasn't sure if it is the spring or the follower.
I may replace both to be sure.

I just noticed that the followers in the group buy mags are differently shaped than the factory 10 rounders and the pinned 16 rounders. ?????

Jack

Yeah I noticed that too. I'll try replacing the springs for now and if that doesn't work I'll have to order some new followers. I think all the mags in the group buy had the same followers but must be different condition springs I guess.

anyone have the 45acp CZ-97b ? I'm thinking of grabbing one..
i picked one up, and then moved it to a new owner this week. it was nice, but didnt feel as nice as the 75 in my hand. then a 375 supermag showed up on GB, so decided to move it. there was another 97b in the classified this week too.

i found another dealer with 15 round mags that look exactly like the preban mags Andrew grabbed for us ( my mag does lock the slide back, i got lucky too). talked to the guy and he says these are direct from CZ usa, and he believes they are new manufacture. i could not find anyone else selling these 15 rounders.

Yeah please do. I'm curious as no one else has said they had issues.

I tried them last night and they held the slide back. Thanks for following the group buy man!

(Heh, sorry)

- - - Updated - - -

i found another dealer with 15 round mags that look exactly like the preban mags Andrew grabbed for us ( my mag does lock the slide back, i got lucky too). talked to the guy and he says these are direct from CZ usa, and he believes they are new manufacture. i could not find anyone else selling these 15 rounders.

What is the finish like? Dull or shiny?

Back
Top Bottom