• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

D.I.Y. Duracoat kit?

I think this kind of product was braught up a little while ago ( My Dip Kit) it looks pretty cool. Sorry I have not used one of these kits.

If you have access to an air compressor I would just buy the little spray kit. Duracoat is really easy to shoot but you want constant pressure going through the sprayer so you get a nice even coat. The aerosol kit may work if its just one gun but if you can, use the little hobby kit for $49.

Has anyone used one of thease kits?

http://www.lauerweaponry.com/

Was looking at doing a preban AR that's all mismatched.

I have used cerama-coat from Midway and it was pretty easy to use. I used it on a old Turkish Mauser barrel that I cut down and part's. A couple of light coats let it dry then bake in the oven. It has a strong smell when spraying but not when it is baked so it will not stink up the house. It is a nice flat black finnish.

I've done a few firearms with it and it holds up pretty well...I'm going to give cerakote a try though.

I have used the Rem870 black duracoat on my remington 870, it's my hunting shotgun and I've used it and abused it for 3 years going on 4 and the thing still looks brand new. I just ordered a small batch of durafil to try out. If your going to go with a camo type pattern I would also buy a can of clear coat to even out the sheen of one color to the next. I use an air brush hooked up to an air compressor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom