• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DA will not prosecute man arrested under SAFE Act

It will be interesting to see if Cuomo intervenes and prosecutes using a State AG or something similar. He will need to tamp down any dissent and remove non-conformers.

This must be prosecuted! This man is a danger to society! He is unlawful! Lock him up! /sarcasm

Stupid Governor. Stupid SAFE act. Making honest citizens criminals where there is no crime.

An excellent steady state for the antis - no rallying point of a stupid prosecution, and people know that even a trivial offense will result in thousands in legal fees.

The is functionally the same as having a $5,000 to $10,000 fine for possession of normal mags.

I can't help but think you'd get extra raped in prison for something like this:

Burly Convict: What are you in for?
You: I'm doing 2-5 for having 2 more bullets in my legally owned handgun than the law allows.
Burly Convict: How many bullets do you have in your gun now? (smiles menacingly)

Honestly, between the conservatives trying to put all the potheads behind bars and the liberals trying to put all the gun owners behind bars, where do they find room for murderers and rapists?

That is good news. Now if only the friggen cops would use some common sense and tell the guy to remove TWO bullets and let him be on his way....but noooooo they feel the need to be *icks and tried to ruin the guys life. No wonder no one likes the NYPD.

Welcome to America. The most heavily incarcerated society on the planet.

But, but, liberty, 'Merica!

Makes me think we should pivot yet again. Instead of, "they want to take our guns away", how about, "pending legislation, under the auspice of 'firearms safety' would turn another 20 million Americans into criminals. How many rapists and murderers are you willing to release from prison in order to make room for them? How many more prisons will you build and pay for because you don't think law-abiding citizens should own guns?"

Then point out that the $1-5 trillion dollars that it would cost to enforce is competing with Obamacare, disability, and other critical pieces of FSA infrastructure on the funding side.

I see a huge spike that starts in 1980... Isn't that about when the "war on drugs" really got going? Interesting.

The "war on drugs" started a decade earlier, but probably contributed. Largest single factor was probably mandatory sentencing, 3 strikes, etc..

That is good news. Now if only the friggen cops would use some common sense and tell the guy to remove TWO bullets and let him be on his way....but noooooo they feel the need to be *icks and tried to ruin the guys life. No wonder no one likes the NYPD.

If they were using common sense they would just let him carry what that weapon was designed to carry!

Cops can be the victims too though, give 'em a break. What would happen to that cop if the guy went down the road, put those extra two rounds back in his gun and shot up some place? The cop's head would be a pole outside the courthouse...

Cops can be the victims too though, give 'em a break. What would happen to that cop if the guy went down the road, put those extra two rounds back in his gun and shot up some place? The cop's head would be a pole outside the courthouse...
If that was the case wouldn't he just shoot the cop, carry more than just two extra rounds, have extra mags. Its a joke and anyone saying hey bud please take those two rounds out is a douchenozzle.

If that was the case wouldn't he just...
You're coming up with "what if's", but ok - what if the guy was on his way to shoot his ex-wife and had no beef with the cop? What if the guy had no bad intentions until some dick cut him off in traffic. What if someone stole his gun and shot up a convenience store. And so on...

When its your job, CYA. The cop's not likely to give someone a break unless the cops knows when it's his turn he'll get a break too...

You're coming up with "what if's", but ok - what if the guy was on his way to shoot his ex-wife and had no beef with the cop? What if the guy had no bad intentions until some dick cut him off in traffic. What if someone stole his gun and shot up a convenience store. And so on...

When its your job, CYA. The cop's not likely to give someone a break unless the cops knows when it's his turn he'll get a break too...

So you think the guy should have been arrested and prosecuted for having 9 bullets in his gun that he was licensed to carry instead of 7 because he could have been on his way to do some evil shit? So cops should not give anyone breaks? What about speeding tickets?

But, but, liberty, 'Merica!

Makes me think we should pivot yet again. Instead of, "they want to take our guns away", how about, "pending legislation, under the auspice of 'firearms safety' would turn another 20 million Americans into criminals. How many rapists and murderers are you willing to release from prison in order to make room for them? How many more prisons will you build and pay for because you don't think law-abiding citizens should own guns?"

Then point out that the $1-5 trillion dollars that it would cost to enforce is competing with Obamacare, disability, and other critical pieces of FSA infrastructure on the funding side.

Good post, and I positive repped it. The only problem is that new gun laws will not turn 20 million Americans into criminals because sheep exist among gun owners and most will follow the new laws. It's the frog in the pot of heating water thing.

Wait...if the guy is on his way to shoot his wife...cartridge count word not matter.

I really do not know if this post was serious...

I am a big fan of CYA...but when a cop's #1 rule is CYA, that comes at the expense of ruining the lives of good people and locking them up in cages like animals. We all know what goes on in prison.

The real problem is crappy laws and a broken legal system, but the cops make the choice to take a job where they wield phenomenal power over those around them. If you abuse such power....well, the consequences should be obvious. The fact that the consequences these days are basically citizens saying mean things on the internet shows precisely how law abiding most Americans are and how disgusting it is to be swinging that big stick around so wildly.

Extra bullets do not make a killer.

So you think the guy should have been arrested and prosecuted for having 9 bullets in his gun that he was licensed to carry instead of 7 because he could have been on his way to do some evil shit? So cops should not give anyone breaks? What about speeding tickets?
No, I don't. Show me where I said that. I'm telling you how it *is*.

If you want to know how it *should* be, the cop should be given the power to use his own judgement and as long as he makes reasonable decisions the people who are accountable for his actions (COP, DA, etc.) should back those decisions up.

So... SEVEN rounds, send him on his way to rape, murder and pillage, but

NINE rounds, arrest him, lock him up, throw away the key, give him the needle...

Moron.

Back
Top Bottom