• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dallas PO enters wrong apartment, kills occupant

I can see such mistakes being made by a property manager who visits the property once every few months.... But someone who LIVES there.... come on man, give me a break. I can practically drive down my street, park my truck and walk into my house blindfolded. It's not something you #$%$ up.
House or apartment? Big difference.

This is causing a shitstorm down here. The family petitioned the Rangers to get involved and they’ve taken over the investigation. There is a warrant out on the cop but she hasn’t turned herself in nor has she Been picked up. It’s a nice apartment building and the guy who was killed was apparently a stand up dude. Deacon in his local church. This is not gonna end well for the cop.

Is it possible that she knew exactly what she was doing??

That's my thought. I'll bet she had some beef with the dude. Long day at work, stops at the bar and gets a little drunk, comes home and, well, now the guy is dead. The story sounds like some grade a bullshit. As someone who once lived in a shithole apartment in a city I can say with absolute certainty that, unless you are a complete moron, you never, under any circumstances, leave the door to your apartment unlocked. Never. Period.

I can see such mistakes being made by a property manager who visits the property once every few months.... But someone who LIVES there.... come on man, give me a break. I can practically drive down my street, park my truck and walk into my house blindfolded. It's not something you #$%$ up.
I'm not saying it's something everyone does, but walking up to the wrong apartment (assuming this is a building with several floors and an elevator) is possible.

I could do it when I lived in a 12 unit apartment building too.
Of course most find their way to their own place 99.9% of the time, house or apt. All Im saying is most apt buildings have the same features, color scheme, and layout regardless of the floor or sometimes even between one building and the next. I dont think its reasonable to suggest that its impossible for someone to go to the wrong apt, Ive done it myself. Once youre inside, not even inside necessarily, even just with the door open, thats where this story starts to go off the rails for me.

I still dont see how she got in. Most likely she went to the wrong door, couldnt get in and either knocked or the noise brought this guy to the door. She panicked at seeing a stranger in an apt she thought was hers and shot him. Either that or there is more to this that theyre not disclosing like they had some sort of relationship that went south very quickly.

If she disappeared and they have to track her down, then Im guessing shes going to off herself and we may never know what happened. Due to the racial angle, theyre going to railroad her into prison just to keep the peace regardless of what the facts are.

Anyone remember the incident when another female cop killed a guy in his own apartment that she shouldn’t have been in in the first place and just prior to killing him was forcibly removed by another cop? Or something similar to that happened. I can’t find it at the moment.

In any case, cops killing people for no reason in their own homes and getting away with it is relatively common.

https://mobile.wnd.com/2017/03/cops-given-pass-for-shooting-innocent-man-in-his-own-apartment/

Colorado Man Who Killed Naked Intruder Is Fatally Shot by the Police

amber-guyger-2.jpg

Crap. She didn't do it. Not frigging guilty.

(although she is CLEARLY a party animal, which lends credence to some of the theories on why she didn't know what apt she was in...)

My guess is the last traffic stop of the day yielded some dope. Rather than deal with all the paperwork, she did it up.
Comes home and there is a big black guy there. Bang.

Shitty situation all around. Ive stated in the thread earlier, Ive done it at work more than once (opening the wrong door). Im sure it sounds retarded to people who havent been in and out of a dozen apartments a day for years, but it happens. She panics and pops the guy, who seems like a decent guy to top it off. Two lives ruined.

Doxing is epic uncool, even if not guilty.

I wouldn't call this doxing. The Dallas News has identified her now.

Dallas police identified the officer who killed 26-year-old Botham Jean in his own home late Thursday as Amber Guyger, but had yet to charge her Saturday.

I don't believe the official story at all at this point.

Some of the details are coming out. It appears that she was trying to open the locked door with keys that obviously would not work. The guy heard someone trying to open his door, so he opened it.
A lawyer for the family denies that there was any prior relationship between the two, and based on the pictures that are coming out, I am not so sure she dates guys.

Thing is, this WASN'T a "Police shooting" by any stretch. She may be (for now) a cop, she was in uniform, but she was OFF DUTY and therefore NOT performing her job duties. She is, and should be, entitled to no more or less grace than anybody on this forum. She should have been arrested, had her rights read, and been processed just like anybody else. The only, ONLY time her job should even be considered to be relevant is at trial when the questions about "Situational Awareness", training, etc come up. And for those, the standard should be HIGHER than for you and I. Until then, the fact that she wears a badge sometimes is as relevant as my shoe size is.

So she goes to the wrong floor, her key doesn’t work, someone else opens the door, and her reaction is to kill him? I mean, supposing she was at the correct door. And he shouldn’t have been in her apartment. Suppose the same thing happens. Does even that make shooting him justified?

Unless he did something more, I’m not sure shooting him would have been justified even if she had been at her own apartment. Having a hard time wrapping my head around her decision even with that mindset.

And somewhere in Dallas TX , There is a Male Candidate for the police department sitting at home wondering and waiting for a call after scoring high on the Dallas police dept entrance exam, wondering for years, how come they Haven’t call me yet?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom