• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dallas Shooting Thread

Allow me to give you comprehensive progression report:

- 3 fully coordinated shooters in some kind of a triangular elevated position
- 1 dead + 2 in the custody
- One mistake, but 2 still in the custody + 1 still dead but killed by robot
- 2 brothers + 1 woman in the custody
- 3 people from the black Mercedes in the custody
- Shooter acted alone
- Dallas Police Chief complains that open carry is causing a confusion
- Experienced shooter downgraded to a lonely nut who was rejected by military because he was stealing underwear. Even Black Panthers did not want him. Obama confirms Lonely Nut story.
-What 3 people?

Thats all I needed to know. Thanks!

- Shooter acted alone
- Experienced shooter downgraded to a lonely nut who was rejected by military because he was stealing underwear. Even Black Panthers did not want him. Obama confirms Lonely Nut story.
-What 3 people?

Yup. Nothing to see here cept need for moar gun control. Other than that, move along now.

Or maybe Matt Damon. You know, the guy who makes a king's ransom shooting guns in movies but thinks guns are bad and should be banned.

Yup. He's also the genius that thought McLame was too old to be POTUS, but has no problem Bernie.

That dude is a few dozen cards short of a deck.

Location, Location, Location Dept.

Right. I just watched 10 Cloverfield Lane last week and now I would already be 3 sequels behind if there was a 13 Cloverfield Lane out there.

Bunker, shmunker. The real man cave is at 1313 Mockingbird Lane.

munsters_07cr-e2-550w_thumb1_thumb.jpg

P. S. Al Lewis's politics would make Bernie Sanders look like Ronald Reagan.

I had an epiphany while swimming laps at 4:45 this morning.... Rhode Island... It is perfect. ...

Sure, we would have to flatten most of Providence, but it is a shit hole anyway. We could base the government in Newport as there are already plenty of stately mansions with grounds large enough to add bunkers and fortifications. ... ETA - Dibbs on the Astor Beechwood mansion.

Who has time to add bunkers and fortifications. I have my eye on a different stately mansion. It comes pre-furnished.

67823907.jpg

- Shooter acted alone
-What 3 people?

Im sorry (seriously), are you suggesting that one shooter could not have done all the damage that was dealt?

Yes, cuz the AIG believes such things... [rofl]

-Mike

Mike, sometimes you just need to use your towering mental superiority to come up with a simple conclusion based on the fact that idiot like me can't even spell "wolves". Thus there is no way in hell I could possibly understand what the abbreviation AIG means. Next time, please, warn me before you start firing jokes on my indefensible position.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love dirty stripper clips....
We're (almost) of the same mindset, cuz I love dirty stripper clubs...which is probably why I miss King Arthur's in Everett so damned much...The Surf in Revere tried to pick up the low-bar slack for a short time after the King was raided, and "Tom Caruso's Celebrity Room" at the old Chelsea Parkway Plaza,was always a great place for a beer and a stabbing, but nothing could ever top King Arthur's for a Bud, a strip, a skank, and a shank....

Just sayin' [emoji6]

Last edited:
Mike, sometimes you just need to use your towering mental superiority to come up with a simple conclusion based on the fact that idiot like me can't even spell "wolves". Thus there is no way in hell I could possibly understand what the abbreviation AIG means. Next time, please, warn me before you start firing jokes on my indefensible position.

Mike I think that's a short joke. [smile]

Im sorry (seriously), are you suggesting that one shooter could not have done all the damage that was dealt?

I agree that one shooter could have easily done all that damage, but what does surprise me a little is that so many of the cops didn't take cover. Or at least, didn't find effective cover fast enough. I am thinking he must have done most of the damage with his first magazine, before folks really had a chance to figure out what was going on.

I agree that one shooter could have easily done all that damage, but what does surprise me a little is that so many of the cops didn't take cover. Or at least, didn't find effective cover fast enough. I am thinking he must have done most of the damage with his first magazine, before folks really had a chance to figure out what was going on.

Are LEO trained to take cover? In most situations they are on the offensive doing the shooting rather than being actual targets or they at least arrive at a situation with a known enemy combatant. I think this is why he was able to hit so many so easily: They didn't react like targets.

Are LEO trained to take cover? In most situations they are on the offensive doing the shooting rather than being actual targets or they at least arrive at a situation with a known enemy combatant. I think this is why he was able to hit so many so easily: They didn't react like targets.
Probably (understandably) not expecting to encounter anything quite like what they actually encountered that night?... Caught off guard or semi "relaxed" that a protest that seemed to be "peaceful and civil" initially turned into all-out warfare? Who can blame em for not "taking cover" cuz most reports said initially nobody was sure where the (two? four? twelve??) shooter(s) were perched....Echoes off buildings, you're talking to your partner standing next to you and his head explodes brain all over you. Initial reaction probably "WTF??!!!!"

Meanwhile, how long before cops everywhere are pretty much forced to respond to literally every other call outfitted in full body armor/ballistic gear etc, similar to the attackers in Los Angeles a few years ago?

(knock knock)..."Good afternoon Ma'am... You wanted to file a stolen pocketbook report?"
2bedf048002dd7ea2d02cd83392b9b44.jpg

Think that's unfair.

In a city block detecting the sound source isn't that easy. Most people aren't trained to look towards high ground. The shooter moved, changing the angle from which they had to protect themselves.

And finally, a number of officers shielded wounded demonstrators with their bodies. Rather than take cover and return fire, they moved to help others.

No doubt this will instantly become a part of training scenarios. And go into the "playbook" for future mass shooters.

Probably (understandably) not expecting to encounter anything quite like what they actually encountered that night?... Caught off guard or semi "relaxed" that a protest that seemed to be "peaceful and civil" initially turned into all-out warfare? Who can blame em for not "taking cover" cuz most reports said initially nobody was sure where the (two? four? twelve??) shooter(s) were perched....Echoes off buildings, you're talking to your partner standing next to you and his head explodes brain all over you. Initial reaction probably "WTF??!!!!"

Meanwhile, how long before cops everywhere are pretty much forced to respond to literally every other call outfitted in full body armor/ballistic gear etc, similar to the attackers in Los Angeles a few years ago?

(knock knock)..."Good afternoon Ma'am... You wanted to file a stolen pocketbook report?"
2bedf048002dd7ea2d02cd83392b9b44.jpg

Good points. It's not going to help reduce the continued militarization of the police if they feel like they have to be prepared for a war zone half the time.

Alcoa Investors Group

Wait... LAPD has AUG's? Daaaaamn

Think that's unfair.

In a city block detecting the sound source isn't that easy. Most people aren't trained to look towards high ground. The shooter moved, changing the angle from which they had to protect themselves.

And finally, a number of officers shielded wounded demonstrators with their bodies. Rather than take cover and return fire, they moved to help others.

No doubt this will instantly become a part of training scenarios. And go into the "playbook" for future mass shooters.

Those are really good points.

Yes, and no. Depends, kinda. Realistically, if you are 1/2 way between your g-ride and a suspects vehicle and the bad guy starts shooting, what do you do? Back peddle and try to fire, trip fall, whops. Turn and run to cover and return fire (not optimal depending on distance), or realize you're being shot at (by this time, you're at least a full second behind the power curve) draw and return fire.

Also keep in mind the old FBI Rule Of Three: Three shots, three seconds, three feet.
That is the statistical gunfight for a LEO going back decades. If this indeed becomes the norm, training will change to anticipate it. The bad guy will almost always have the jump on you, he knows if he's going to fight before you figure it out.

Pretty sure that is a German/Polish police 'person'. See, I can be politically correct. The 'zen' on the right shoulder patch looks like Politizen however they spell it over there?
They spell it POLIZEI, and the picture is of Austrian Cobras (their fed SWAT). Germans use MP5 and G36.

Drunk racist Texas Deputy shoots up church, confesses. Police release him without charges or even booking him. Thin blue line hard at work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom