• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dashcam footage shows the moment Florida cops shoot dead two teens aged 18 and 19 after they drove toward a deputy

What are you saying then? That they don't deserve the consequence of their fatally stupid actions? I think that's exactly what you are saying and you're getting all contorted because you're doing your damnedest to avoid criticizing the cop for killing the two people because... you're a former cop of some kind?
One more time new guy, you and I don't know what the Cop was thinking but obviously he thought his life was in danger. The driver made a decision to refuse simple commands and paid the price. It's quite obvious you've never been in a confrontation that threatens your life. Being an armchair QB is BS and your persistence in wanting to condemn the cop betrays you prejudice against Cops. In such a situation you have a split second to make a decision and then you live with it. You say bad shoot, so be it but you weren't in the Cops shoes. Let's hope if you are you don't hesitate or make the wrong decision.

Because violence isn't necessarily the right response to non-compliance? Because shooting someone isn't necessarily the right reaction to someone not obeying a cop's commands?
A motor vehicle is a deadly weapon, driving around or towards a Cop or anyone else is the same as pointing a weapon at them. There are thousands of videos out there of drivers using their vehicles as a weapon and getting lit up for it.

Lol. Yes, let’s leave it to the people who did the shooting to judge whether or not the shooting was justified.

This really says it all.

You’re not wrong. Cops indeed get to eat their cake and have it too.
So juries are populated with Cops if it comes to that? So you want SJWers judging Police shootings? How about Antifa? BLM members? The Squad? Academic elitists? Liberal Arts Professors? Effeminate Elitists who hate Cops but will be the first to call the Cops on their cellphones when an Uber driver refuses to roll up his window?

Libertarians trying to claim the people who go shot have no responsibility is exactly why the Libertarian party will never fully get off the ground.

The cognitive dissonance it takes to blame the people who got shot for not taking responsibility (especially the passenger) for their actions while excusing the shooters of all responsibility for theirs is mind numbing.

The cognitive dissonance it takes to blame the people who got shot for not taking responsibility (especially the passenger) for their actions while excusing the shooters of all responsibility for theirs is mind numbing.

So you're saying the people in car did nothing that seemed aggressive or dangerous? Criminals should just be able to evade police if they don't want to be caught? Cars aren't deadly weapons? Cops are mind readers and in less than 2sec shoukd have to use their telepathy to assess what the people in the car are going to do next?

Please. They were being followed and ordered to stop. Please present any proof this was not a valid stop if that is your argument.

If you can't prove it wasn't a valid stop, then I'm done here because clearly you just want coos to never use their firearms.

I think its fair to say that this wasn't the case. This argument is like saying "imagine the material facts were different..."

Nope. You're so close minded that you're missing the entire point. I'm trying to paint a magical picture so that you can think a little bit more out of the box about why a 3,000lb moving object being told to stop by officers with their firearms out is a unsafe thing.

cop say stop + driver no want stop + cop say stop again with gun + still driver no stop = driver forced to stop = cop safe
Did that equation help you understand things better eboos and new guy?

Yeah, the cop was clearly terrified and fearing for his life of the car slowly going around him. That’s why he appears to step farther in front of it instead of out of its way.

He wasn’t shooting the driver in self defense.
Good job buddy, we are finally getting somewhere

I’ve watched the video a bunch of times. If he was trying to hit the cops, he wouldn’t have reversed a second time to get more room to go around. If he was trying to hit the cop, he wouldn’t have slowly turned to the right, away from them. If he was trying to hit the cop, how is it that despite the car actually accelerating after the cop starts shooting the cop still didn’t get hit? How did the two passengers pose any threat at all? Is this a car that is driven by multiple people simultaneously? And how does shooting a driver, stop a car in drive from moving? Why did the cop continue to shoot after the car had gone past him?

Dashcam footage shows the moment Florida cops shoot dead two teens aged 18 and 19 after they drove toward a deputy who believed the car was stolen and told them to stop seven times
  • Sincere Pierce, 18, and A.J. Crooms, 16, were fatally shot by deputies from Brevard County Sheriff's Office at 10am Friday morning
  • The deputies involved were named Tuesday as Deputy Jafet Santiago-Miranda and Deputy Carson Hendren
  • Sheriff Wayne Ivey claims they were 'forced to fire' after Crooms accelerated toward Santiago-Miranda and put him in danger
  • Santiago-Miranda and Hendren had attempted to stop the teens as they believed they were possibly driving a stolen car
  • They followed Crooms as he pulled into a driveway of a local house and called on him at least seven times to stop moving the vehicle
A Florida sheriff has released dashcam footage of the moment two black teenagers were shot dead after they appeared to drive toward a deputy despite being yelled at to stop at least seven times.

Sincere Pierce, 18, and A.J. Crooms, 16, were fatally shot at 10am Friday morning after deputies from the Brevard County Sheriff's Office attempted to stop them in connection with a possible stolen car.

The deputies involved were named as Deputy Jafet Santiago-Miranda and Deputy Carson Hendren on Tuesday as a section of the dashcam footage from their vehicle was released amid mounting pressure from the teens' families for answers.

Darvin Law?

I’ve watched the video a bunch of times. If he was trying to hit the cops, he wouldn’t have reversed a second time to get more room to go around. If he was trying to hit the cop, he wouldn’t have slowly turned to the right, away from them. If he was trying to hit the cop, how is it that despite the car actually accelerating after the cop starts shooting the cop still didn’t get hit? How did the two passengers pose any threat at all? Is this a car that is driven by multiple people simultaneously? And how does shooting a driver, stop a car in drive from moving? Why did the cop continue to shoot after the car had gone past him?

The fact that you are still analyzing this is amazing to me, truly amazing. Let me make two points and they aren't points you should be arguing with, honestly...Just being straight up real with you.

Point #1 - I'm glad you're re-watching the video "a bunch of times" in your comfy cozy chair at your computer desk. TRY imagining being that police officer in that exact situation.

Now that you've thought about it. *Reality check* You have NO idea how you'd react in that situation.

Point #2 - Most importantly. What about what's beyond the police officer? This is where my point about the magical imaginary family walking on the sidewalk fills in. What if there are innocent bystanders behind the police officer? DO YOU want a fleeing vehicle that is not obeying a police officer pointing a firearm flying by you or your family on the sidewalk?

What happens when the police officers say....f*** it, I'm not gonna shoot I don't want to deal with that BS and than that fleeing vehicle with two idiots slams into another car......person.....etc

Justified shooting. Extremely sad honestly, two kids who just made a mistake, nothing that a person should wish this to happen to them, but hey, police have a job to do, they have lives to protect, they are trained, and once the investigation ends and they announce this was a justified shooting hopefully some parents recognize it and instead of running around with signs around their town they can sit their teens down and remind them the do's and don'ts when a police officer tells you to do something.

Next

TRY imagining being that police officer in that exact situation.

I wouldn’t intentionally walk in front of a car if I ever thought it was going to hit me. So that’s hard to imagine.

What about what's beyond the police officer?This is where my point about the magical imaginary family walking on the sidewalk fills in. What if there are innocent bystanders behind the police officer? DO YOU want a fleeing vehicle that is not obeying a police officer pointing a firearm flying by you or your family on the sidewalk?

What if there are two passengers in the car who obviously aren’t a threat? DO YOU want to be the person that kills them because of an imaginary family might magically be run over by a slow moving car? Because that’s not a hypothetical. There in fact were two passengers in the car and him mag dumping into it result in the killing of one of them. Meanwhile no imaginary family appeared out of nowhere to get run over.

So forgive me for talking about what actually happened and not made up scenarios.

I wouldn’t intentionally walk in front of a car if I ever thought it was going to hit me. So that’s hard to imagine.

What if there are two passengers in the car who obviously aren’t a threat? DO YOU want to be the person that kills them because of an imaginary family might magically be run over by a slow moving car? Because that’s not a hypothetical. There in fact were two passengers in the car and him mag dumping into it result in the killing of one of them. Meanwhile no imaginary family appeared out of nowhere to get run over.

So forgive me for talking about what actually happened and not made up scenarios.

If someone is putting my life in danger, I shoot that person and someone behind them or next to them (who was there with that person attacking me voluntarily) gets shot, yeah I'm ok with that. I'm protecting my life. So the fact a passenger of a moving vehicle disobeying police commands got killed is 100% justifiable death to me. Sad for sure, but justifiable.

Point #2 - Most importantly. What about what's beyond the police officer? This is where my point about the magical imaginary family walking on the sidewalk fills in. What if there are innocent bystanders behind the police officer? DO YOU want a fleeing vehicle that is not obeying a police officer pointing a firearm flying by you or your family on the sidewalk?

What happens when the police officers say....f*** it, I'm not gonna shoot I don't want to deal with that BS and than that fleeing vehicle with two idiots slams into another car......person.....etc

Justified shooting. Extremely sad honestly, two kids who just made a mistake, nothing that a person should wish this to happen to them, but hey, police have a job to do, they have lives to protect, they are trained, and once the investigation ends and they announce this was a justified shooting hopefully some parents recognize it and instead of running around with signs around their town they can sit their teens down and remind them the do's and don'ts when a police officer tells you to do something.

Next

You really think that you can invent a hypothetical set of facts that involve an exigent situation presenting an imminent threat to the lives of people who don't actually exist, apply it in order to rationalize the cops real life decision to shoot like that into the car that was slowly driving around him, and decide "Justified shooting... police have a job to do... they are trained... Next"? Just... wow.

If someone is putting my life in danger, I shoot that person and someone behind them or next to them (who was there with that person attacking me voluntarily) gets shot, yeah I'm ok with that. I'm protecting my life. So the fact a passenger of a moving vehicle disobeying police commands got killed is 100% justifiable death to me. Sad for sure, but justifiable.

What about that situation makes you think the cop who shot was fearing for his life? His tone? Him stepping in front of the car? Him not making the slightest move to easily get out of the way of the slowly moving car? Or is it just the fact that he shot into the car?

What about that situation makes you think the cop who shot was fearing for his life? His tone? Him stepping in front of the car? Him not making the slightest move to easily get out of the way of the slowly moving car? Or is it just the fact that he shot into the car?

Its his job to stop people suspected if committing crimes. So yeah, he's entitled by his literal job description to step in front of vehicles.

Its his job to stop people suspected if committing crimes. So yeah, he's entitled by his literal job description to step in front of vehicles.

It sort of undercuts the idea that he was fearing for his life though, right? I mean he was walking farther in front of it as he was shooting into it.

It sort of undercuts the idea that he was fearing for his life though, right? I mean he was walking farther in front of it as he was shooting into it.

Nope. If he's attempting to get the car to stop by being im front of it and it keeps going forward, thats attempted murder by the driver. Again police had the right to stop this vehicle. The driver failed to stop. They got shot. Sad, but I'm not going to penalize the cop for doing his job.

So absolutely disgusting to me that people actually argue whether this is right or wrong. Absolutely mind blowing to me that a grown adult could form such an opinion. You must live under a rock honestly

If that’s in his job description why does policy from The International Association of Chiefs of Police, in collaboration with the National Institute of Justice actually say to do the exact opposite? I’d post Brevard County policy itself if it was available.

“Firearms shall not be discharged at a moving vehicle unless a person in the vehicle is immediately threatening the officer or another person with deadly force by means other than the vehicle. The moving vehicle itself shall not presumptively constitute a threat that justifies an officer’s use of deadly force. When possible, an officer threatened by an oncoming vehicle shall move out of its path instead of discharging a firearm at it or any of its occupants."

So absolutely disgusting to me that people actually argue whether this is right or wrong. Absolutely mind blowing to me that a grown adult could form such an opinion. You must live under a rock honestly

I know! Arguing killing passengers because there is a slow moving vehicle that you are intentionally walking in front of, is the right thing to do, is mind blowing!

Dashcam footage shows the moment Florida cops shoot dead two teens aged 18 and 19 after they drove toward a deputy who believed the car was stolen and told them to stop seven times
  • Sincere Pierce, 18, and A.J. Crooms, 16, were fatally shot by deputies from Brevard County Sheriff's Office at 10am Friday morning
  • The deputies involved were named Tuesday as Deputy Jafet Santiago-Miranda and Deputy Carson Hendren
  • Sheriff Wayne Ivey claims they were 'forced to fire' after Crooms accelerated toward Santiago-Miranda and put him in danger
  • Santiago-Miranda and Hendren had attempted to stop the teens as they believed they were possibly driving a stolen car
  • They followed Crooms as he pulled into a driveway of a local house and called on him at least seven times to stop moving the vehicle
A Florida sheriff has released dashcam footage of the moment two black teenagers were shot dead after they appeared to drive toward a deputy despite being yelled at to stop at least seven times.

Sincere Pierce, 18, and A.J. Crooms, 16, were fatally shot at 10am Friday morning after deputies from the Brevard County Sheriff's Office attempted to stop them in connection with a possible stolen car.

The deputies involved were named as Deputy Jafet Santiago-Miranda and Deputy Carson Hendren on Tuesday as a section of the dashcam footage from their vehicle was released amid mounting pressure from the teens' families for answers.

valid and lawful response. Officer was faced with a life threatening situation completely cause from the criminal who decided to try to kill him with a motor vehicle. The mother instead should be asking how she raised a criminal who has no respect for life. Atlanta Black Star – Black News, Culture and Information

Back
Top Bottom