• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daughter at range for the first time

sieveboy

NES Member
Age 9. Had a great day, I was so proud. Shooting at cans - she hit a few and really liked it.

IMG_1747.jpg

I don't know what your user name means, but if thats your child, and you are teaching her this the right way, its' time to change it, you're not a boy.

Thanks for the kind comments. Gun is a 1929-made first generation Colt Woodsman. We started with an H&R revolver with .22 shorts, then moved up to single-loading the Woodsman with shorts and long rifles, then worked up to full magazines of long rifles out of the Woodsman. I had a .22 rifle available but the length of pull was way too long for her, so we went with the pistols only.

One interesting thing was she started asking, "why does this only have a ten round magazine; can we get one that holds more?". I did the best I could, explaining it without cursing....

thats great!

I got started when my dad used to teach me how to shoot 22LR using his 30+ pound 22LR competition rifle with heavy barrel he used in college.

ETA: not sure how heavy it really is, when thinking about when I was young, it sure felt like 30, if not 50 pounds.

Back
Top Bottom