Daughters first time shooting

I went and bought my daughter a Crickett rifle a few weeks ago and finally had time to take her out today. She was a little nervous at first but after a few shots she didn't want to stop shooting. Now she wants to know how soon we can go back :)

IMG_20120826_121603.jpg

When I turned 6yo, my father gave me two things. A single shot .22, and a pocket knife.

Last week, I just bought my 5yo girl a Crickett, yes in pink. I'll keep an eye out for a pink folding knife for her. And when she turns 6, she'll join the ranks of your daughter and many out there who enjoy shooting. However, if she shoots a squirrel like I did, she will be enjoying squirrel stew, same as me when I turned 6[smile]

Seeing pictures and events like this are a time warp for me. And they're absolutely fantastic to see. [thumbsup] nicely done!

That's great!!! Those Crickets are great little rifles, I bought one for my son 2 years ago, and this thing has shot everything we've put in it with zero problems at all.

My only problem is now I don't know to buy another one for my other son, or pass that one down and buy something else for the older son....

How old? How did things progress prior to getting out there? I'm curious what sort of prep there was ahead of time. My daughter is 7, which is why I'm asking.

Thanks for all the great comments guys, i'm a happy dad to be sharing this with her. She's 11 and been asking me to go shooting for awhile. I had her shoot my bb gun a few times to get used to holding a rifle. We went over the rules of handling a gun a few times and showed her some of the videos on youtube of other kids shooting their cricketts.

I went and bought my daughter a Crickett rifle a few weeks ago and finally had time to take her out today. She was a little nervous at first but after a few shots she didn't want to stop shooting. Now she wants to know how soon we can go back :)

May I ask how old she is...I can't wait 'till my daughter is old enough...

of and +1

Awesome. The Cricket is an excellent starter rifle. The pink 10/22 should be her next rifle as she can grow into it. But starting her on a bolt action 22 is the best move IMO. NES should have more good stories like this. Thanks for sharing.

If I have a daughter you can count on her becoming a shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Outstanding! What a great feeling and experience. I was fortunate enough a few months ago to enjoy the same experience with my daughters.

Back
Top Bottom