• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Daughters first trip to the range

Well I was able to get my 12 year old daughter down to the range today (her first time ever shooting a gun). We took the 10/22 I picked up last week for the trip. I thought this was the best gun to get her into shooting. We had an absolute blast and she followed all the range and safety rules we had discussed.

She is already talking to be about when we can go back and how she is looking forward to summer so we can spend all day at the club fishing and shooting.

I have attached a picture of her first target which we had set out at 25 yards. I told her on the way home I used the smallest orange dotI had so she could learn to aim small, miss small.

Wow what a great day it was!

Sorry for such a big photo but I uploaded it to photobucket due to the size of the file.

James
photo2_zps7a081971.jpg

Last edited:
Well we were only home for about an hour and she wanted to head back, so we did. She was kind enough to help empty the 500 round box I had. I tried to explain the ammo shortage stuff to her but she asked me to just drive around and find some more. I will see how excited she is when it is time to clean the gun up.

James

Very cool. My 14 year old son comes every weekend but I haven't been able to convince his twin sister to come. I'll keep chipping away...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Such a great read... I love to hear about bonding and good times like this.

Nice job, Dad!! I'm sure now you'll be driving all over creation to find ammo to go back!! [smile]

[bow]

Congrats! Well Done... Have her bring that target with both of you to Boston Common on April 3rd on a poster board titled "FAMILY TIME" and show the world! See you there.

Back
Top Bottom