Daunte Wright Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Edit: Shot by cop who thought she was using a TASER

Reptile

NES Member
Daunte Wright has been identified as the 20-year-old Black Minnesota man who was killed by police in a Minneapolis suburb on Sunday, April 11, 2021. Wright was pulled over by officers in Brooklyn Center just before 2 p.m. according to a press release from the police department. During the traffic stop, police said Wright began to drive away and an officer opened fire, striking him. Wright drove another several blocks before crashing, police said.

According to police, Wright was pronounced dead at the scene after officers and responding medical personnel attempted life-saving measures. A woman was in the passenger seat of Wright’s car and she suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the crash. She was taken to a local hospital, police said. Wright was identified as the victim by his mother, Katie Wright, who spoke to media at the scene of the crash, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports. According to Wright’s mother, her son’s body had been in the street for several hours.

Another Black man failing to follow orders.

I guarantee the cops wont be found not guilty of this mans killing, too.

Reports that the internet is already being scrubbed of his hatred for cops.

If he had a father, his father should have "had the talk" about proper police interactions while getting pulled over.

Yet, again we have a fellow with a bad attitude getting lit up for not using a little common sense.

This was all over an air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror.

Is that a hill to die on?

However, my opinions are subject to change upon release of the body cam footage and possible FB Live footage.

EDIT: "my opinions are subject to change"

Update on post #109---

Minnesota officer meant to fire Taser, not handgun, in deadly Daunte Wright shooting, police chief says​

Oops!!!

Last edited:
I’m having trouble finding any sympathy for the cops on this.

Air freshener? Tinted windows? Those are both bullshit reasons to pull someone over. His mother had an active warrant? Seriously?

Sure, he got back into the car when he shouldn’t have, but that doesn’t justify killing him.

Arfcom had some screenshots from his FB before it was cleansed. Pics of cash w/ glocks at age 15 or something. And he was in the bloods apparently

There will be claims of Wright making furtive movements leading police to believe he was reaching for a gun. That might even be true - nobody but the officer who shot him will know.

Rather than defunding the police, probably the easiest thing to do is to change laws pertaining to silly stuff like air fresheners, tinted windows, dashboard mounted items, etc., that block driver view and/or police view of drivers in motor vehicles. If a moving violation occurs (speeding, left on red, etc.) just make those pile-on citations. There will always be those BS moving violations, like signaling a lane change for 5 seconds, that seem like great safety laws to Nanny-State town councils and State legislatures - police back those as legal cause to stop and check drivers and occupants.

That said, Brooklyn Center, North on Minneapolis, is a crime-infested rat hole. Being a cop there now probably sucks more than ever - I expect they will de-police and walk away from that sh*thole town.

MN Lefties already have GoFundMe sites for bail to spring “protesters” who use the voice of the oppressed (rioting, looting, burning) to express themselves.

07F023F9-B162-4680-9488-E49E91553491.jpeg

Last edited:
I ran from the police when I was 17. Well technically I was a passenger in the truck. But I was yelling "go,go,go". We were doing donuts in a parking lot. We got away. Cops got our plate and caught up with us the next day. I had to clean cruisers and firetrucks for 25 hours because of that. Not gonna paint the kid/guy a lifelong criminal just yet........

Dumb ass should have just stayed put.......Have very little sympathy for either side. In this day and age get the plate number and catch up with him later...Nuff said. Beyond that both participants choose to take the stupid prizes instead.

Last edited:
Again, as I’ve advocated for previously, we should not sit back and let this play out.

Wind up the usual suspects, tell them how terrible it was and how they are being ‘dis’d’. Then let the fun ensue.

Was there mad clipz in the posts?
There was a livestream.

There were armed people in the crowd, rifles and plate carriers. I expect when the trial ends, there will be shooting from inside the crowds using the mob as cover

Hell, all it takes is someone up on a grassy knoll firing a few shots at the right/wrong people and the whole country will probably burn down.

Is it SOP to shoot at somebody who decided to flee in his car if the guy wasn't wanted on a felony warrant or it wasn't a felony stop ?
At around 2 p.m. local time (3 p.m. ET), police say they were trying to take a man into custody after they determined he had outstanding warrants during a traffic stop.

Daunte Wright has been identified as the 20-year-old Black Minnesota man who was killed by police in a Minneapolis suburb on Sunday, April 11, 2021. Wright was pulled over by officers in Brooklyn Center just before 2 p.m. according to a press release from the police department. During the traffic stop, police said Wright began to drive away and an officer opened fire, striking him. Wright drove another several blocks before crashing, police said.

According to police, Wright was pronounced dead at the scene after officers and responding medical personnel attempted life-saving measures. A woman was in the passenger seat of Wright’s car and she suffered non-life-threatening injuries in the crash. She was taken to a local hospital, police said. Wright was identified as the victim by his mother, Katie Wright, who spoke to media at the scene of the crash, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports. According to Wright’s mother, her son’s body had been in the street for several hours.

Another Black man failing to follow orders.

I guarantee the cops wont be found not guilty of this mans killing, too.

Reports that the internet is already being scrubbed of his hatred for cops.

If he had a father, his father should have "had the talk" about proper police interactions while getting pulled over.

Yet, again we have a fellow with a bad attitude getting lit up for not using a little common sense.

This was all over an air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror.

Is that a hill to die on?

However, my opinions are subject to change upon release of the body cam footage and possible FB Live footage.
He had outstanding warrants and tried to flee.

I ran from the police when I was 17. Well technically I was a passenger in the truck. But I was yelling "go,go,go". We were doing donuts in a parking lot. We got away. Cops got our plate and caught up with us the next day. I had to clean cruisers and firetrucks for 25 hours because of that. Not gonna paint the kid/guy a lifelong criminal just yet........
Except he was a lifelong criminal with outstanding warrants.

Last edited:
Arfcom had some screenshots from his FB before it was cleansed. Pics of cash w/ glocks at age 15 or something. And he was in the bloods apparently
I'm sure he was an idiot lol doesn't mean he should've been stopped for an air freshener.

As soon as someone said scrubbed Facebook and a warrant I'm sure he wasn't an upstanding fellow.

I'm sure he was an idiot lol doesn't mean he should've been stopped for an air freshener.

As soon as someone said scrubbed Facebook and a warrant I'm sure he wasn't an upstanding fellow.
I don't believe he was actually stopped for the air freshener, thats what his mother (I think?)was yelling about on the live stream when this all started

Back
Top Bottom