Daunte Wright Shooting: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know - Edit: Shot by cop who thought she was using a TASER

The BLM movement and the media have convinced half the country that it's 50/50 if a black person is going to get out of any given traffic stop alive. And even those who don't believe it are going to take the excuse and run with it.

you have a constitutional right to flee...

So he has to distain for the police, dies at the end of a cops gun....I can see in his reality how those go hand and hand..

Window tint and air fresheners. I’ll wait to hear the real story or see some footage.

Regardless of facts in this case I have alot of respect for officers that deal with Black folks at all after the year we just had. You couldnt pay me enough to put on that uniform and try to police these people, any and all mistakes could ruin your life or worse and the media will call it justified.

Didn't we see that kind of behavior in some National Geographic Show describing a "Tribe"?
5ff82e3bd184b30018aadb25.jpeg
210107153927-senate-office-trashed-grab-super-169.jpg
210107144721-16-us-capitol-riots-0106-super-169.jpg

A
you have a constitutional right to flee...

So he has to distain for the police, dies at the end of a cops gun....I can see in his reality how those go hand and hand..

Window tint and air fresheners. I’ll wait to hear the real story or see some footage.
Don't forget about the warrants.

To anyone that doesn't believe that he was pulled over for window tint or an air freshener (im not saying its true or not) but to those people that do not believe "that narrative", do you believe stops like that happen? And can you justify those stops?

It's not a fact that a cop can shoot someone who's fleeing just because they have outstanding warrants. But it does seem to be your opinion that they can. [smile]
I never said a cop could shoot someone for outstanding warrants. I just posted the statute that says when a cop can use deadly force in MN.

I never said a cop could shoot someone for outstanding warrants. I just posted the statute that says when a cop can use deadly force in MN.

Don't forget about the warrants.

I think I need more coffee.

The fleeing felon thing is only relevant if he was driving at somebody, for example, or maybe some other wild hypothetical situation where the cop somehow knew that the kid was leaving right then and there to go kill or hurt someone else.

I spent about three seconds trying to pull up the case. Pretty sure the court rules you have a right to flee it didn’t say whether it mattered whether you were guilty or not.

Not showing up to court is always a bad idea....

I spent about three seconds trying to pull up the case. Pretty sure the court rules you have a right to flee it didn’t say whether it mattered whether you were guilty or not.

Not showing up to court is always a bad idea....
I posted the MN statute that says when a cop can use deadly force.

I think I need more coffee.

The fleeing felon thing is only relevant if he was driving at somebody, for example, or maybe some other wild hypothetical situation where the cop somehow knew that the kid was leaving right then and there to go kill or hurt someone else.

But remember, he had warrants!

How do you know he’s not a serial killer?

Maybe the cop heard him say, “I’m going to commit a mass shooting” as he was pulling away?

And again, he had warrants!

Guess what would have happened if he just stayed put and took responsibility for what he did? I will wait for the video.

Based on examples I’ve seen, it ranges from nothing to arrest to a severe beating to death. The whole spectrum. But it doesn’t matter.

Why is it that so many people seem to think that two wrongs really do make a right?

It’s possible if not probable that both fleeing was wrong, AND killing him for fleeing was also wrong. Making wrong decisions doesn’t mean deadly force is automatically justified. Yet far to often when a cop does something, people justify their actions, no matter what they are, so long as the other person did something wrong, no matter what that was either.

This is not what should be happening, especially when they don't have all the facts.
I'm sure some here might justify this.

Protesting the capitol, hell even trashing it is a different act of anger than victimizing your own community because you lack critical thinking skills. What I see here is less damage and life lost by a group of folks whom are justifiably angry because an election was stolen from the American people. The things we are discussing on this thread is the reaction we see every. single. time a black man fails to follow orders from authority and is justifiably or unjustifiably harmed.
I am NOT pro police. I believe that based on the evidence we have this was not justified and the officer should face consequences under the law. I DO NOT support qualified immunity and the like.
Where there is a glaring distinction is the fact that multiple innocent Americans were killed in the name of BLM and citizens in urban areas will suffer again this year because folks like yourself think there is any way to compare Civil unrest on the steps of the largest crime syndicate in the country to looters who terrorize their neighbors. Until we start calling out this behavior for exactly what it is it will never end.

Its completely lost on me how you can compare the pain of everyday innocent civilians to a bunch of people strolling into the capital and reminding these snakes that the people they are screwing are just outside the front gates. As if AOC shaking in her boots is at all comparable to people being killed and watching their neighborhoods burn thru no fault of their own.

My question is how many white or spanish people have been shot by police in the last month and there is no talk about that? Color of the guys skin shouldn't matter, it's all just become an excuse to riot and act like animals, has nothing to do with racism or police brutality or anything productive.

Based on examples I’ve seen, it ranges from nothing to arrest to a severe beating to death. The whole spectrum. But it doesn’t matter.

Why is it that so many people seem to think that two wrongs really do make a right?

It’s possible if not probable that both fleeing was wrong, AND killing him for fleeing was also wrong. Making wrong decisions doesn’t mean deadly force is automatically justified. Yet far to often when a cop does something, people justify their actions, no matter what they are, so long as the other person did something wrong, no matter what that was either.
If cops in the US killed black men as often as you seem to believe they do, none of this footage would be in existence.
If they were killed or beaten by cops like you believe they are then explain to me how they stand back (cops)while someone motions murdering them to their face. If this happened like you think it does then why are we preparing to watch the country burn for another 5 months? Seems to me that plenty of cops do their job with honor and some dont . If they were hunting down black folks and his only options were "severe beating or death" then why are we watching videos of black men acting a fool in front of cops? Seems like an awful lot of restraint to me for people you seem to think wake up everyday ready to hunt black folks

Back
Top Bottom