Day at the range

kurtb

NES Member
Me and my buddy are sitting at the rifle range station (outdoors - 100 yards) taking a break with both our rifles pointed down range with the actions open. Guys comes over and wants to go down range and we say sure we are just sitting for the moment anyway. He looks at both our guns and then lectures us on how we are not to handle our guns when he goes down range (thanks). Then Mr. Range Safety gets his rifles out of his car and muzzle sweeps both me and my buddy several times while he is "setting up". WTF is the issue with people? I guess range safety only applies when it is the safety of themselves.

Did you say anything?

I'd never let that slide.

I start off with a simple "hey please watch your muzzle"

if it happens again I go to full on serious "don't point your gun at me! If you do it again I'm going to ask you to leave and I'll call a board member if you don't".

Only had to go to that level once at the club.........he got the picture.

1. Educate politely and professionally
2. if #1 fails........time to get to serious mode

if you don't let people know they are not being safe how will they figure it out? I get that this guy gave you a lecture but..........all the more reason to call him out.

People just like being in charge. I know a church he can attend. Actually, I know two of them. [rofl] He can complain and do nothing all day long.

No point in talking to him - he's the worst kind of shooter - a safety nazi who doesn't really care about safety. Just like guys who want to complain about a bikini model's trigger discipline to show that they really care about safety.

All further conversations with him should either be nonsense or Sam Kinnison screams.

Fudd: "OK if I go downrange?"
You nonsense: "Don't touch the sparrow's weiner"
You Sam Kinnison: "Auuuuuuuuuugh!!!"

F: "You're ears on? I'm going to start firing."
YN: "Tell that to my cousin, she's a cop but is also transgender"
YSK: "Auuuuuuuuuugh!!!"

F: "You know, it's not safe to draw and fire so rapidly"
YN: "If it's cold enough, I'll eat em"
YSK: "Auuuuuuuuuugh!!!"

You could also celebrate "Talk like a pirate day" early (This year is Tuesday the 19th) or make Chewbacca sounds. The point is to annoy him in order to convince him to annoy someone else.

Bonus if he tells on you - "Some guy out there is saying that my car is made of squirrel feet"

Back
Top Bottom