De-linking M60 belts?

GaryNH

NES Member
Rummaging through the back of my ammo closet I came across a still sealed can of Radway 7.62 linked belt. Remembering my last can experiences I just have to ask...has anyone come up with a simpler method of removing rounds from the link without destroying the skin on several fingers?

Thanks!

Gary

Semper Fi

Delinker...

orig.jpg

Just a matter of finding one and if it's worth the cost.

At the NES 4th of July Shoot, we de-linked hundreds of rounds of Malaysian M-80 ball using a finger friendly method that only takes seconds and requires no de-linker. Grasp two rounds, push one forward while pulling the other back. One link pops right off - the other, just push onto a hard surface, (nose down) and the link slides right off. Three of us de-linked 500-rounds in about 5 minutes.

Rummaging through the back of my ammo closet I came across a still sealed can of Radway 7.62 linked belt. Remembering my last can experiences I just have to ask...has anyone come up with a simpler method of removing rounds from the link without destroying the skin on several fingers?

Thanks!

Gary

Semper Fi

Shoot them?

Thanks again Mark! Worked pretty well. I stripped off enough for a few CETME mag fulls for this weekend. And, thanks for the other suggestions too![laugh]

Thanks again Mark! Worked pretty well. I stripped off enough for a few CETME mag fulls for this weekend. And, thanks for the other suggestions too![laugh]

No problem - once you get into a rhythm, you can make short work of it. I de-linked 2900 rounds of 1969 Lake City 1970 Remington M-80 ball while I was watching television one night...

By the look of the tool and how it looks to be compressing this IMHO would be a linker and not a delinker.

Wouldn'T the tool need to be grabbing the tip of the round and the other side of the tool grabbing the rear of the link to "DELINK" the round ?

But for all I know the tool works the reverse if its turned around purhaps.

Delinker...

orig.jpg

Just a matter of finding one and if it's worth the cost.

By the look of the tool and how it looks to be compressing this IMHO would be a linker and not a delinker.

Wouldn'T the tool need to be grabbing the tip of the round and the other side of the tool grabbing the rear of the link to "DELINK" the round ?

But for all I know the tool works the reverse if its turned around purhaps.

Yep... you just flip it around.

Back
Top Bottom